Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Apple or Android?

Lucky Bolt

Apple or Android?  

67 users have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer when choosing electronics? Apple or Android?

• Apple
    • Android

I use Apple but lately I've been feeling less hopeful about them.  I think Apple went when Steve Jobs died.  I've been thinking about android but I feel like I'm too invested into Apple to completely start over.

• Brohoof 4

Gotta go with Apple; personally. Android just never appealed to me.

• Brohoof 1

I'd have to say Android. It's not perfect and its development environment doesn't hold a candle to the painlessness of Microsoft's platform (and Java? Really?), but to me, it's still less bad than iOS.

Edited by Celtore
  • Brohoof 3

i would have to go with apple. i more used to apple products than android ones, and i find androids to be too confusing :P (thats just meh)

• Brohoof 1

Of those, I'll go with IOS (Apple) just because I find iTunes to be 100 times easier to use than Google Play. However, if I compare all of the phones, I don't use either of those as much as I use Windows phones. I've been using Windows phones for years before I even got android/Apple for the first time.

• Brohoof 3

I stick with iOS myself, though I'm far from a huge fan of it, simply because I like the music interface and versatility of iTunes compared to the somewhat limited options with other operating systems.

I don't like that Apple seems prepared to do away with the headphone jack, though, and that could chase me away from Apple when I make my next purchase.

• Brohoof 2

I'm definitely an Apple person! I started out with an iPod, and have since stuck with Apple products so that I could simply sync everything across devices with ease. Android is nice in its own right, though! :)

• Brohoof 3

I have Apple products. I've generally been pretty pleased with them. That was until they completely messed up the music app, to now where it will no longer shuffle music properly, and now plays certain songs repeatedly. The old way where it shuffled through the whole library was so much better. What in the world is Apple thinking? Thankfully I don't have to rely on my phone for music anymore. My old iPhone that I do I never updated to the point where they messed it up, so it still shuffles properly.

I've never had Android products. So I straight-up do not have an opinion. If their music shuffling algorithms work like they're supposed to, they might be able to win me over someday. The way Apple messed it up is unforgivable.

Edited by Envy
  • Brohoof 1

I am actually one of the few who owns a Windows phone (Lumia 950). But since this is Android vs. iOS, I'd go with Android. I own an Android tablet, and I am someone who likes tinkering with devices. I know Apple is very strict in that regard, so that's a no-go for me. You also get to have much more diversity in terms of hardware, and I like choice. Their user interface are kind of on par IMO. 

Apple does have really solid devices with great battery life, though. Someone got the first gen iPad from a good friend for free and he asked me to set it up and everything. The software experience wasn't very good at all, but the battery life was still great for a device that old. Mind you, this was two months ago and the thing was at least 5 years old at that point! It really amazed me, since most batteries would be dead at that point. 

Edited by Amaterasupony
  • Brohoof 1

I have always owned an android phone. I could just never see myself owning an iPhone! Although, I do own an iPad and I love it to death.

:P

• Brohoof 2

Android, easy. I like to at least pretend I have ownership over my phone.

I've always been a Samsung devotee, but that's looking to change this year as I work towards the Google Pixel. All the wonder of Android, without the obnoxious Samsung bloat. 

• Brohoof 1