Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The MLP Movie teaser thread

TheAnimatorOfficial

Plot twist: it's actually a reveal trailer for a MLP Video game on the Switch

Not sure it's even for a teaser for the movie, that's an incredibly cryptic tweet, could be for S7, or that new show she's working on

• Brohoof 1

If that isn't about the movie, I wonder what she is taking about. Maybe a new show like the rumored LPS reboot, or it could be about season 7.

Well, we have been lied before. Right totally not Twilight Sparkle pupil Starlight :dash:?. Still, I think it's about time we get some new info about the movie :huh:

• Brohoof 2

Well, we have been lied before. Right totally not Twilight Sparkle pupil Starlight :dash:?. Still, I think it's about time we get some new info about the movie :huh:

Nobody said starlight wouldn't be starlight's pupil. Do not use false information as an excuse for wishful thinking.

As Megas already posted, Meghan McCarthy was merely referring to her birthday or someone elses in her tweets. I'm sure we'll get a proper teaser/trailer/information within the coming weeks and months.

Edited by Ganondorf8

Given how Meghan Mccarthy said that it wasn't something MLP related, I still have a feeling on what it is.

There is this upcoming Hasbro cartoon/product called Hana Zuki, and when you go to the part of the Hasbro website that focuses on it, it mentions coming soon on January 12.

That is a week from when the tweet was created.

hancc88a-zc3bcki.png?w=660

Edited by cmarston1

Given how Meghan Mccarthy said that it wasn't something MLP related, I still have a feeling on what it is.

There is this upcoming Hasbro cartoon/product called Hana Zuki, and when you go to the part of the Hasbro website that focuses on it, it mentions coming soon on January 12.

That is a week from when the tweet was created.

sig-4787670.sig-4787670.sig-4785998.hanc

It appears you were correct.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/hasbro-launching-girl-focused-toy-franchise-hanazuki-962983

Dave Polsky is the showrunner.

https://twitter.com/MMeghanMcCarthy/status/818893619675267072

In case anyone is thinking this, it has nothing to do with him writing only 1 MLP episode in season 6. It was actually health issues.

https://twitter.com/DavePolsky/status/818915384321396736

As Megas already posted, Meghan McCarthy was merely referring to her birthday or someone elses in her tweets. I'm sure we'll get a proper teaser/trailer/information within the coming weeks and months.

She was wishing the user she was replying to a happy birthday. He was hoping it would be a trailer and noted that it would be an awesome birthday gift.

Edited by PinkiePie97
  • Brohoof 2

She was wishing the user she was replying to a happy birthday. He was hoping it would be a trailer and noted that it would be an awesome birthday gift.

Is that what it was? Huh... I really should pay more attention to Twitter feeds.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Teaser trailers usually come out 28-32 weeks before film's release date. But since Season 7 is coming up, it might also be later than that.

The shortest waiting time left we had before film's release date without a teaser trailer, I think, was Wreck-It Ralph, at 148 days. So if MLP: The Movie were to avoid breaking that record, we'd have to see a teaser trailer before May 12.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Official date for the trailer released.

HASBRO WHAT ARE YOU SMOKING. Its not till AUGUST that we're getting a trailer. WHAT. HOW ARE YOU PLANNING ON PROMOTING THIS IN THAT TIME SPAN?!

sig-4824049.1488337013890.jpg

There's a difference between the full trailer and the teaser. The teaser will be released this March most likely, as most good animated films release it 7 months in advance, then a full trailer months later.

Edited by Mr. Kilgrave
  • Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...

Just released: a teaser trailer for Ferdinand (December 15), which comes out in theaters TWO MONTHS after this film.

And STILL NO trailer for My Little Pony: The Movie, or the only other 2017 animated film, The Star.

the no-promo of this movie starts to worry me tbh. no matter if you do a super hardcore marketing and promo starting agoust. you need to release a teaser now so it will be shown at cinemas, and articles in cinema websites are written about it etc. more people outside the fandom need to know about the movie asap

i remember strange magic had the trailer just one or two months before being released at cinemas and it was such a flop noboby knew it.

33 minutes ago, Tropico said:

i remember strange magic had the trailer just one or two months before being released at cinemas and it was such a flop noboby knew it.

I don't think Strange Magic was even announced until the trailer was released, so I'm not sure how much Disney actually cared about it. Hasbro, on the other hand, seems to care about the MLP movie (even if we haven't gotten a teaser yet).

Edited by PinkiePie97
  • Brohoof 2

1 hour ago, PinkiePie97 said:

I don't think Strange Magic was even announced until the trailer was released,

omg true, such a weird marketing tactic. imo the bussines starting to show news, info about casting, posters, teasers, 2345436234 trailers etc starting one year before the release is soo much and so spoilery and i dont like it. but strange magic was the opisite extreme too :wacko:

just praying MLP movie does well. even if its not a hit, i hope its considered a success with hasbro expectations.

I think I just realized something: Rock Dog didn't have any trailers on Lionsgate's official YouTube channel until October 6 of last year (141 days before release in theaters), and it wasn't really a "teaser" trailer, it was just a theatrical trailer.

So I think it's recommended that this topic should be locked now 'cause it's appearing to look pointless, and for the fact that not all animated movies will ever get a teaser trailer, especially this one.

The trailer HAS to be released before June thought, because the IDW prequel comics getting released in that month. While we all know the comics are not some of the finest products for MLP, they still could be VERY spoilery for the MOVIE,  so I HIGHLY doubt they are gonna release them before the trailer as it will be necessary to explain some things for the story.