Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The MLP Movie teaser thread

TheAnimatorOfficial

Power Rangers had a teaser out five months before release (October) and an official trailer two months before release (January).

The problem with the marketing here is that Lionsgate is behind it. We're talking about a studio that has dropped the ball numerous times with other properties. You have Dredd, which was a competent film, but nobody knew it existed. If this were being handled by a studio such as Warner Bros. or Fox, you'd already have a trailer, more than likely. Lionsgate has a shoddy track record when it comes to marketing their IPs.

I would expect a trailer in May or June based on the timeline for Power Rangers (five months). If it's July, then they'll really be pushing their luck. However, Lionsgate has proven to be inconsistent with their films in the past. It's hard to tell when they might release something.

47 minutes ago, Sly said:

Uhm I'm sorry to interrupt this originally opened as April fool thread but WE ARE ALMOST THERE

https://trailer-track.com/2017/04/03/confirmed-first-teaser-trailer-for-my-little-pony-this-week/

Anyway.... 6 months of gap.... like I was expecting. 

Is that a reliable source? I'm not saying it can't be right, but I'm honestly not familiar with it and I'm usually a bit cautious with sites I'm unfamiliar with.

4 minutes ago, PinkiePie97 said:

Is that a reliable source? I'm not saying it can't be right, but I'm honestly not familiar with it and I'm usually a bit cautious with sites I'm unfamiliar with.

TOTALLY reliable. Believe me. Trailer Track never was wrong about ANYTHING in past.

Anyway, according to the sources, it will be just 35 seconds long, so it will be rather short, but it will be enough to provide a sample of the animation and to tease a bit of the story without spoiling too much. Guess it's the better of the strategies, lionsgate better avoids what Sony did lately with the new Smurfs Movie.... Sony.... grrrrr... 

Trailer track was what I looked for when I wanted news about trailers for Logan and Kong: Skull Island. It's the go-to place for news about trailer release schedules.

But 35 seconds....why though?

2 minutes ago, PinkiePie97 said:

It's just a teaser. Those normally aren't long.

Then a full trailer probably won't come until Summer at the earliest.

Hopefully those 35 seconds are good.

I could see us getting that kinda trailer this week, seeing how last week the Ferdinand trailer was released, and the week before the Captain Underpants trailer was released before hand.

Plus I kinda just assumed that with April being 6 months away from the release of the film, we would get a teaser trailer then.

1 hour ago, Buttonmash1973 said:

Many teasers are very short like The Good Dinosaur.

Well for that matter, Big Hero 6's, Zootopia's and Moana's very first teasers, other than being short too (althought they were 1:30 long) also were made of scenes that weren't contained in the Movie. And just like MLP's one they were released 6 months before the official releases of the Movies in theaters. 

(edited)
37 minutes ago, immblueversion said:

On average, how many days before the theatrical release do trailers appear online nowadays?

6-8 months earlier for a teaser, and 2-3 months before for a proper long trailer. And then a few weeks before a last one.  

If things will go as predicted, MLP won't do exception to this: the trailer is gonna appear at the friendship day, while the upcoming teaser will give us a sample of the animation and maybe the story.

Edited by Sly

(edited)
4 minutes ago, Sly said:

6-8 months earlier for a teaser, and 2-3 months before for a proper long trailer. And then a few weeks before a last one.  

If things will go as predicted, MLP won't do exception to this: the trailer is gonna appear at the friendship day, while the upcoming teaser will give us a sample of the animation and maybe the story.

That's not what I meant. I meant to say the theatrical release of the trailer. We already know when the teaser is coming out in theaters, and I want to know when and if we can expect the teaser to appear online before that.

Edited by immblueversion

2 hours ago, immblueversion said:

That's not what I meant. I meant to say the theatrical release of the trailer. We already know when the teaser is coming out in theaters, and I want to know when and if we can expect the teaser to appear online before that.

I don't know. Ferdinand's teaser was attached to the screening of the boss Baby (which was released on March 31st), but the trailer was released online on March 28th. So....... if we are lucky it could be released.... tomorrow online. But I prefer to not put the hand on the fire on that. 

(edited)
3 hours ago, FirePuppy said:

Guys, I don't know if this is great news, but, look carefully at this:

http://digitalcinema.bydeluxe.com/site/dlxportal/docs/TrailMix_by_Deluxe-_WK_14_US.pdf

Yes, that's the source revealing it to be a 30-second teaser. We can expect a full trailer in the coming months, probably June.

Anyways, I suppose there's no use in being impatient. We've already got confirmation of a teaser no later than 4 days from now, and that's much sooner than many people thought it'd be (I knew they wouldn't withhold footage when it was announced advertising would begin in August on Friendship Day).

Edited by immblueversion

I'm curious to know what the production budget for this will be. If I had to guess, it will probably be listed as $20 million or less.

And yes, while this may not be much, it's still something.