Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Can eqg stand without Sunset?

ManaMinori

Not only could it stand, it could run like a little pony. Then again, only a true, true weeb can master the robust art of high school magical girls, desu. They should stick with minis cause that's where they excel with a desirable level of proficiency. As far as Sunset is concerned, she is redundant, not because of things inside EQG, but because of EQG's redundant story that has been severed from FIM in all but lore. She cannot seem to function all that well outside a specific story.

At first I would have said sure, but after EQG 2-4 she's become not only the best character in EQG, but one of the best characters in all of G4. Her redemption arc has been incredible and endearing. She's gone from a one dimensional shit character to this amazingly good hearted person. I love me some Shimmy Shims, and wouldn't want to see EQG without her.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

I would say Sunset Shimmer is too intregal to be removed right now. Even in Legend of Everfree, she still plays roles as helping Sci-Twi and being part of the group. A possible interesting development for EQG is the Dazzlings somehow return to power or there's a human counterpart of Sunset around somewhere.

I doubt however, either of these may happen. Plus, if they bring a human counterpart of Sunset to FIM, then there might be a battle between whether the film addressing this cross-over is a EQG film or a FIM film? The strength of a FIM film in this regard, would be that human Sunset would experience the FIM world for the first time. A lot of any potential development and film time would be spent on her getting very confused and curious and therefore would be set in the FIM world.

If most of it was set in the FIM universe, I see a case rising that FIM would have the greater credibility. Then, again, both franchises are Hasbro property I think, so they'll be no real copyright issues.

I guess after reading most of the posts here tis my turn to share me thoughts.

Can the Equestriaverse if you will survive without Sunset? I would say probably not.

Let's break this down a bit shall we? Say Sunset returned home after movie 1 . The Sirens would have STILL found the left over magic at Canterlot and there would probably have been nothing to stop them. Now assuming they (the Rainbooms) DID somehow manage to defeat them albeit unlikely, Sci-Twi would still poke her nose into magic and probably somehow go Midnight. Simply put Sunset is a KEY factor in the movies. Do I ever wanna see her return to Equestria? Yes and No, Yes I want her to return, to applogize to Celestia and such, but then have her return to her Home in the Human world.

On a note of Sci-Twi? I personally don't see her taking up the role of Element of Magic just yet, if ever, and personally I don't think she should have gotten wings like she did, I think she shoulda began as a Unicorn but hey thats just my two cents.

Simply put for at least the foreseeable future the EQGverse NEEDS Sunset but thats just my opinion

Not any more than removing one of the mane six could.

Sunset is very important to the group as a whole at the moment, and while I don't think the series is about her SPECIFICALLY, she's integrated in the group to the extent that Deleting her would be like yanking out RD or Applejack from the pony mane six, unthinkable.

Plus, I think she works well with Twilight in that she's able to allow twilight to be more fallible and less wise by acting as the group leader in her stead.