Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What do you think about creating clones based on EqG characters?

HorsesandMOARGaloar

This Derpibooru screencap of a 4chan thread and Cloud Atlas inspired this idea, which is horrible but fascinating.

Say, either Hasbro or an affiliated company produces humanoid clones and models them on characters from "Equestria Girls", and sells them as living, breathing dolls for little girls, either to babysit them at home, or entertain guests at parties.

What do you think of that scenario? Do you think it would be interesting, especially to see how would life be like for an EqG clone, and how would the clone live as a runaway? Or would it be too horrible?

Well, most of those dolls would probably end up as sex dolls. So I can't imagine that they would live good lives.

Gestum your so cynical! Sex dolls!? No pony thinks like that!

Edited by trademark2

Gestum your so cynical! Sex dolls!? No pony thinks like that!

Well, You do have a point. Very few ponies thinks about that sort of thing. Humans on the other hand. Edited by Gestum
  • Brohoof 1

it would be a very stupid move and millions of them would die, like all the "easter" chicks and other animals that get bought as gifts that people don't want or get tired of

This Derpibooru screencap of a 4chan thread and Cloud Atlas inspired this idea, which is horrible but fascinating.

Say, either Hasbro or an affiliated company produces humanoid clones and models them on characters from "Equestria Girls", and sells them as living, breathing dolls for little girls, either to babysit them at home, or entertain guests at parties.

What do you think of that scenario? Do you think it would be interesting, especially to see how would life be like for an EqG clone, and how would the clone live as a runaway? Or would it be too horrible?

That would create way too many moral crises for it to be viable, as one would have to redefine what it means to be human in order for this to not be considered slavery.  This would be a terrible idea and I'm joining the Cynical party with @@Gestum; these clones would be way too creepy for any sane person to want to come near them with the exception of wanting to use them for their own pleasure.

(edited)

Well, most of those dolls would probably end up as sex dolls. So I can't imagine that they would live good lives.

it would be a very stupid move and millions of them would die, like all the "easter" chicks and other animals that get bought as gifts that people don't want or get tired of

That would create way too many moral crises for it to be viable, as one would have to redefine what it means to be human in order for this to not be considered slavery.  This would be a terrible idea and I'm joining the Cynical party with @@Gestum; these clones would be way too creepy for any sane person to want to come near them with the exception of wanting to use them for their own pleasure.

Yeah no. This whole idea sounds pretty creepy and raises some ethical questions.

I know, that people will abuse clones, particularly if they resemble certain attractive characters, and that they will be a horrible waste of lives. But what fascinates me about clones, such as them, would be:

* how they could survive, either during their slavery or after escaping?

* what kind of society would freed or escaped clones create, and what kind of culture and traditions, or their mythology?

* and how would their resemblance to certain fictional characters (e.g. a Twilight Sparkle or Principal Cinch clone) affect their behaviour and self-image?

Their lives could be interesting allegories for human behaviour and thought, and the worst (or best, if any, e.g. clone societies) of social behaviour.

What do you think of this curious topic, of what clones would do, and what kind of culture would they create if they escaped and created their own societies?

PS. One interesting idea would be that because of the strange hair/skin colours of the clones, they can make good actors for aliens and mythical characters -- but they also should live their lives like other people afterwards.

1248994.jpeg

Edited by HorsesandMOARGaloar

• 2 months later...

While this just screams to be written in a serious manner (not a lemon :/) about the ramifications of such an idea being implemented, I seriously doubt in the lifetime we all have left this will happen.

Though, I never thought I'd have a computer that could fit in the palm of my hand either. Hmm.

Bad idea. Most of us may see them as objects, and not living being. Yes, artificial life, but it's still life. Haven't you seen movies where seemingly objects develops feelings and have to struggle for their rights :dry: