Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Journey

Bomb Sheep

If you want to join, come here : https://mlpforums.com/topic/160577-journey/

----

Journey

The road was long and hard. Sheepious deserved a rest. Pulling his carriage, sweat beads rolling down his face, he decided that he needed to rest. But he carried on pulling the carriage that would one day become a legend. The road was muddy and Sheepious had to pull the carriage with much force. He grunted as he pulled, his hooves soaking into the mud on the ground. The carriage creaked as the wheels turned. The only thing holding it together was the adhesive that stuck the main body of the carriage to the wields, and it was already wearing out after 2 months of travel.

Sheepious had been sent by the sheeplord of the Far East as an ambassador to Equestria. He accepted willingly, but little did he know of the hardships ahead. He pulled his carriage across rolling mountains, flat, green plains, and muddy, bumpy roads.

He could not take this torture. He needed a rest, even though his soldier instincts told him to keep going. His breathing got heavier and heavier. He passed out on the ground, his carriage falling along with him. The last thing he saw was a tree coming straight towards his face.

• Brohoof 1

@@Bomb Sheep, Clover wouldn't have been in the area at all, had she not been doing a favour for a friend of hers. Clover's best friend had dropped her scarf while on the wing and had asked Clover to invent a spell to find it. Clover was the Princess of Magic, so creating such a spell came easy to her. She found the scarf draped over a bush and had just finished teleporting it back to her friend, when she heard an almighty crash come from nearby. Clover swung round, looking for the source of the noise, eventually narrowing it down to a fallen tree. She immediately began to trot over to the area. While it would have been a lot quicker for the alicorn mare to fly, truth be told Clover was afraid of heights and very nervous about using the wings that she, after all, hadn't had for very long. So far she had been able to keep this fear to herself, but Clover was worried about her secret finally coming out. She reached the fallen tree and gasped; there was a carriage lying in front of it and harnessed to the carriage, a stranger. Clover immediately used her magic to unhitch the stranger, who wasn't a pony, at least, not looking like any pony she'd ever seen, and unleashed a magical flare into the sky to attract the attention of anypony close by who could come and help.

Edited by Pripyat Pony
  • Brohoof 1

@@Pripyat Pony

Brass Brush had been slowly making his way along a dirt path, not that far off, but still far enough to be out of sight from the others.

"Are we there yet?" stated little Spartella, sitting upon his back.

"It was your idea to go this place", responded Brass as he raised an eye brow at her. Spartella responded,

"Ugh, why must I be so charmingly needy what it comes to rumors of 'all you can eat grilled corn?"

"Last time it was tiramisu"

"You're just as foreign to this land as I am. Are you not as curious of the exotic food stuffs?"

"I would hardly call last week's fried pickle 'exotic'"

"a glorious invention, it was"

Suddenly, the two could see a flare, far off from their left. They looked at each-other, surprise on their faces. Equally curious, the two agreed to check out the source of the noise. Spartella braced herself upon Brass' back as he sprinted to the source of the flare. When Brass and Spartella made it, They could see the alicorn standing next to the exhausted sheep. "What's going on over here?" asked Brass Brush.

Spartella hopped of of Brass' back "Have you two been attacked?", she asked as she looked around for possible marauders.

• Brohoof 1

Alba trotted along a path, staying off of it as always and enjoying the nature and wildlife that flocked around. She had stopped to investigate some animals in a nearby bush when she heard a nearby crash. She suddenly went on alert and looked around, soon after seeing a beam of light in the sky. She slowly moved towards it, looking around and trying to get a sense of what was happening. She soon came into view of a crashed carriage nearby, with a sheep, an alicorn, and two other ponies near it. She stayed slightly out of sight, not wanting to have any trouble, but she still neared closer, slowly and cautiously. Eventually, she was standing alongside the other two ponies, staring at the carriage in slight surprise. She looks around, looking at the tracks leading up to the wreck, and the tree. She looks closely at the others, curiously. "What happened here? I saw the flare." She steps slightly forward and stands next to the alicorn, slightly put off by her being an alicorn. Although she's unsure, she bows slowly.

• Brohoof 1

"Bah... Send me off to the middle of nowhere, why don't you... Order me to grab a 'priceless urn' in a trap-ridden Luna-damned hole in a mountainside with no thoughts for my safety, sure... Why did I take this job? I'm not even being paid enough to last a month!" Drakk grumbled to himself as he stumbled through the green brushery and stingy branches, his barely visible oak-brown coat riddled with filth and leaves from the forest, and his hooves dirtied with mushy mud from a particularly deep puddle he was forced to trudge through to move forward.

He stopped, groaned, and contemplated just falling down to the ground and passing out, his wobbling hooves also considering the decision, and very close to coming to a conclusion.

He was just about to close his eyes and let go of all the nerves in his body when a slight rumble, followed by a growl, granted him enough energy to run a mile. Drakk's eyes widened, his ears curled themsves down to the sides of his head, and he started shaking, feeling like a deer in a magelight. Another growl, from behind him now that he suspected it. As he turned slowly turned around, his horn starting to glow, a single thought ran through his mind, which he also muttered.

"The next time I see my employer, I'm shoving a branch where the sun-don't-shine."

A grey-furred wolf leapt at him from behind the brush, fangs bared in preparation for sinking into delicious pony-flesh, only to meet a bundle of electricity right to the face, and by extension, the brain, shutting off most of the nerves in its body. The wolf fell to ground and started twitching akin to a seizure, rendered harmless for the next hour or two. Were this the first tango Drakk had had with wolves, both timber and not, his horn would've powered down and he would've breathed a sigh of relief. Unfortunately, his years of experience in the Everfree thought him one thing about the proud and bloodthirsty wolves.

They never hunt alone.

A minute later, and he was running through the woods and screaming bloody murder as a pack of wolves viciously tried to catch up, with the occasional shot of electricity making a wolf feel the touch of oblivion itself whenever Drakk felt brave or desperate enough to turn his head around.

"I REGRET READING THE MAIL!" Was the only conscious thing that he could formulate into a sentence, referencing just a week ago, when a magically-infused letter appeared on his table in his temporary cave-home, on it were instructions, coordinates to this hell, aswell as the promise of a decent amount of bits were he able to do it right. Needless to say, he wishes he could've just used the letter as wood for the fire as soon as he saw it.

Edited by Lord Bradley
  • Brohoof 1

@@pennni, @@Sarge Sixteenbit, @@Bomb Sheep,

Clover felt a bit embarrassed as the unicorn mare bowed to her. "No need for that," she said, quickly, adding to the two other ponies, "Nopony attacked, I just found this sheep like this. It looks as though he's had an accident. I've unhitched his carriage and checked him over, and there doesn't appear to be any broken bones so he may come round soon."

Clover was a little flustered; her coronation had only been a few months earlier and she was still finding it very difficult to get comfortable in her new role as the Princess of Magic. She wondered if there was anything else that she needed to say, but then realised with a slight twinge of embarrassment that she hadn't introduced herself to the other ponies.

"Sorry, how amiss of me not to have done this earlier," she said. "My name is Clover. I don't know his name, but he seems to have had an accident. When I found him, I fired off a magical flare to try and attract anypony who could help."

Clover didn't really want to perform a healing spell; healing magic wasn't really her forte, and in any case, it was a bad idea to do so on an unconscious subject.

• Brohoof 2

@@Pripyat Pony, @@Sarge Sixteenbit, @@pennni, @@Lord Bradley

*Fast forward 30 minutes*

Sheepious woke up, eyelids fluttering, to see ponies standing above him, looking down at him with concern. They said something, but he didn't hear. He muttered an incomprehensible sentence and slowly got up, his body aching. He grunted as he recalled his capture by the Sheeplord, and then fell once again to experience a flashback.

*Flashback - The Far East, 3 years ago*

Sheepious, then Song Wei Yin, was brought in chains before the Sheeplord. He dismissed the guards who had brought him there with a simple wave of his hand and a "you have done well.". A long discussion ensued between Sheepious and the Sheeplord, a lot of which he did not remember. After the discussion, the Sheeplord stood up and branded him with a searing hot knife. Sheepious could feel the pain as if he were in real life. His mind drifted back to the real world.

*Present Day*

Sheepious tried to get up, failing. He heard the ponies standing above him whispering. After trying multiple times, he lied down on the floor again with a sigh, and then pushed himself up.

"Uhh......", he said.

The ponies were staring at him.

"Greetings, I guess?"

They were still staring. One of them blinked.

"OK, OK... Look, let's settle down and talk about this... situation. Let's introduce ourselves while we talk, shall we? I am Sheepious, hailing from the far east of Equestria. I was on the road to Equestria as the ambassador from the Sheeplord, when I... got into this mess. And somehow dragged you people into it too."

This was awkward.

• Brohoof 1

Brass Brush and Spartella stared at the sheep for a moment or two. They looked at each-other, then shrugged. Brass Brush approached the sheep and cleared his throat. "My name is Brass Brush and this, here," he turned his head to the filly next to him, "is my associate".

Said associate, in her typical fashion, raised her hoof to her chest and introduced herself "I am Spartella of Thunderclap, a fallen warrior with a sacred..."

"Come on, let's not start that now." Brass interrupted her "The poor ram looks tired enough as it is.".

Spartella sighed "fine, maybe later," she perked back up "How may I and my associate assist you good sir?"

"I have some gauze in my saddle bag if you're injured," offered the older of the two travelers.

"and I have a constitution strong enough to amputate if necessary!"

"SPAR!"

"Calm yourself, old man I was only kidding. I can shout around for shelter if you need any"

"Or perhaps there's a village nearby with an inn?"

"Spare us not any details, my woolly friend. We do not deny the needs of...eh those in need!".

Brass spoke under a fake cough "Redundant!".

"Shut up," muttered the overly dramatic filly.

• Brohoof 1

Alba seemed slightly surprised at the sheep's willingness to talk to them so suddenly after waking up. She watches the others introduce themselves, then steps forward and smiles. "My name is Alba Frostine, hello." She says, giving a small wave and watching Brass and Spartella argue among themselves, slightly amused by it. After a little, she speaks up again, "What do you mean by dragged us into this? As far as I know, we all just came to help you for the moment." She says, letting herself drone on. "and how did you crash? Why did you need an ambassador to come?" She continues, looking down slightly and thinking a bit. "Oh, I'm sorry, you must be exhausted." She steps back, looking around at the other ponies and sheep, hoping someone else would talk soon to make up for her rambling. She decided to look around a bit to keep her mind off of her embarrassment, deciding where she would head next, if she even got to leave on her own. She decided she would head west of the carriage, slightly hoping this would all be cleared up withing an hour or two more.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@@pennni@@Sarge Sixteenbit@@Pripyat Pony@@Lord Bradley@@Driz

Feeling that the ponies must be tired after walking to the middle of nowhere, he decided that he should let them stay in the caravan for one night... or more. The thing was that the carriage and the caravan being pulled by it were down on their sides. Even with the strength of a veteran soldier, he could not lift it up.

Sheepious silently walked away from the group to gather some things, leaving Brass Brush and Spartella arguing while the alicorn watching in amusement.

*15 minutes later,*

Sheepious returned, dragging some leaves and branches with him.

"Ahem! Right..." he said, rudely interrupting Brass Brush and Spartella's argument as he dropped the bundle of wood and leaves on the floor. "It's approximately 4 hours from the nearest settlement, so you must be tired and famished. Being the generous sheep that I am, I would allow you to stay in the caravan.... if it were not for its demise. I'll build a small, amateur tent for you to stay the in. Me? I'll sleep outside. After the night is over, you'll be on your way back to wherever your destination is. Hopefully. I don't want to share this burden with you. You wouldn't like to go to Canterlot with me, oh no. The road is too dangerous, and you're much better off taking a ship across the sea than going through Yakyakistan. You don't look like adventurers. For now, let's just spend the night here. I'll have to spend the night without the comfort of my caravan... while you will be outside, in your element. Ponies, ponies, ponies. Sometimes I wish I could be one."

And with that, he started building.

Edited by Bomb Sheep

@@Bomb Sheep, Clover walked over to help Sheepious. Using her very skillful magic, she lifted the items he needed, held them in place, or otherwise used spells to facilitate. Making conversation, she said, "I'm sure that I could accompany you to Canterlot, if you would like. I have friends who live there so I'm sure that once we're there, I can help you find a place to stay that doesn't cost too many bits. As for adventures, well, I've been on a few in my time."

Clover had, along with her friends, discovered a secret town in the middle of the Everfree Forest which was cursed. She had invented two spells which were used to break the curse and free a filly trapped within. This spellcasting had resulted in Clover's cutie mark, and, unknown to her at the time, had started her on the first hoof of the journey which was to end with her ascension. This had happened when Clover and her friend Stargazer had travelled to the North to battle a dark mage named Iceheart The Sorcerer who had summoned Windigoes back from the past in order to bring upon an everlasting winter upon Equestria. Clover had fought Iceheart when he'd threatened to kill her friend, and had managed to overpower and defeat him. After doing so, Princess Celestia had made Clover an alicorn, and given her the title of the Princess of Magic in recognition of her skills.

• Brohoof 1

In addition to what Clover said, Spartella had this to say, "I beg your pardon sir, but Brass and I are indeed adventurers".

Brass added "what she's trying to say is, we've really gotten around during our association with each-other".

"Not only that, but you're looking at a seasoned warrior, who's seen the rage of war many a time. And Brass here came from a tribe of nomads! A little wilderness doesn't scare us!" Spartella was always one to speak proudly, regardless of her childish appearance, "Brass and I couldn't bare the idea of forcing you to sleep where you aren't comfortable".

"Besides, we always carry our own camping equipment. It's sort of a must when it comes to living on the road"

"Worry not your fluffy head about us. We fight beasts, marauders and angry chickens on a regular basis!"

Brass whispered to Shepious, "That last one only happened twice"

"So tell us, Sheepious, was it? What is this Yakyakistan you speak of? Is it fraught with ne'er-do-wells? A homicidal leviathan, perhaps?" Spartella inquired, beaming with curiosity and giddiness.

@@Sarge Sixteenbit

"Oh, Yakyakistan?" Sheepious said in confusion as he looked away from the unfinished tent. "You've never heard of Yakyakistan? Well, you have a lot to learn, equine adventurers. Coming here, you probably took a ship over the sea... but since I have a caravan, I have to go to the North and pass through Yakyakistan, a country of dangers and Yaks. I'm looking to pass through the capital and then go south towards Equestria."

He went back to building the tent and preparing some fire.

*50 minutes later*

The tent was built. A mediocre one. It would fall under heavy rain or hail. Very much flammable, too. As Sheepious added the final touches, placing the leaves on it, he left the ponies to build a campfire while he rested on his carriage (it was still sideways on the road so he had to lean on it). But he was not tired. Oh, no.

He thought about the possible things that would happen on this Journey, and the chances of him succeeding. No, them. Already, three ponies had agreed to join him. He had never thought that ponies were... this generous, giving their time over to a lowly ambassador. He, still, had a lot to learn.

Clover waited til the shelter was finished and everypony had settled round the area that had been picked out as the best place for the camp fire. A pile of dry wood had been collected and arranged in a pile, ready to be lit. Clover did not like to push herself forward but it was obvious that a spell would do the job quicker than using matches or a fire drill to light the camp fire, so she did so with a suitable spell. The dry wood caught quickly and soon a warming, comforting fire was burning, sending sparks up and a column of smoke up into the air. Now that the fire was dealt with, Clover soon thought about security. While a fire was necessary to provide warmth and comfort to everypony, it would also attract danger like wandering robbers or wild animals, so Clover went around the perimeter of the camp to put up magic wards in order to protect the camp. The wards were strong, as befitted wards put in place by an alicorn, and if anything hostile tried to cross them, an alarm would sound and alert everypony so that they could deal with the intruder. Only when the last ward was in place, did Clover sit down besides the camp fire.

Spartella and Brass Brush sat near the camp fire. Spartella was warming her hooves while Brass Brush was whittling a sculpture from a block of wood with his pocket knife.

While Spartella was wrming herself, she watched as Clover set up the wards and sat down.

"Something on your mind, Spar?" Asked Brass Brush, sensing unease in her expression

"Hm? Oh, nostalgia I guess"

"Nostalgia?"

"Yes, for the times long before we met"

"You mean on Thunderclap Island?"

Spartella nodded, "Occasionally I would attend camping trips with my fellow soldiers during times of peace. Seeing these magical...whatever these are reminds me of the periodic pulsations that the force field around the island would make. Never did I think I would be wearing the source of our protection around my neck"

Spartella looked down at the pendant around her neck, the Bane of Sorrow. The jewel in the pendant briefly let out a mild glow and a soft hum. Spartella held the pendant close to her and whispered to it. "Yes, my queen, I too miss the glory days"

Brass looked at the wooden camel that he whittled, then back to Spartella, "You're not alone, pal".