Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do bronies do hugs and boops to each other in reality too?

leonbrony17

I don't think I have ever seen a brony related boop in my life.

Neither have I. The again I have yet to meet a brony I know irl, or see two others who know each other for that matter.

Totaly, I've been to a french brony meetup, and there were a lot of hugs... they were all unknown brony people xD

It is quite sad that hugs are not a common practice in the world. Hugs are awesome! Hugs are cool!

• Brohoof 4

As a person who goes into a panic attack when poked into a corner i can't say id enjoy that

altho i do not know of any Michigan bronies so naturally i have not met one...

Altho i suppose if you where very close with someone and didn't have a strong bubble then it would be fine...

I've seen both at local meetups and cons but I'm not really into it personally. I've never really been into hugging and booping IRL just seems kinda strange for a guy like me. I'm more into giving firm handshakes and eye contact, even with my own family.

• Brohoof 1

I don't think I would ever get any opportunities like this anyways. XD Even so, I never would do this unless I was reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaally accustomed to that person, otherwise I would feel far too awkward. Take my normal social oddities and crank them up to 11 for that. :P

• Brohoof 1

I've been booped randomly by people I've just gotten to know over time working with them. I don't know if they're even into the fandom though but they do it because of reasons. Maybe I've just got a face that should be booped, even if it isn't from people of the fandom or maybe am reading the situation all wrong and they're actually bronies.

All this talk of "cringe" and "social boundaries". A boop is a boop, guys. If I knew they were a brony and we were just hanging out, I don't see a problem with booping. It's just a socially awkward way of cuddling that you're either comfortable with or not. I personally see nothing wrong with it and I know many of the people here have talked about cuddling people in online chats. There's no lying there.  :toldya:

• Brohoof 2

I am not exactly "huggable"... and I have no idea what I would do if someone "booped" me.

Either way, I am sure it works for many, and more power to them i say. But random boops and hugs are not something I am comfortable with.

• Brohoof 1