Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Dash-N - Good Ol' Days (feat. JackleApp)

Dash-N

Good Ol' Days is my first single off my upcoming brony project "The Nostalgia Mixtape". It is a song I wrote, using the instrumental of a song by The Living Tombstone, perhaps not entirely coincidentally also called Good Ol' Days. This song is just about the "good ol' days" of the fandom. It was very fun to write, and I hope you all enjoy listening to it!  :)

Ok. 

It's a decent track. However, I suggest using a noise sweep rise while filtering out the vintage-sounding piano track instead of that repeated arpeggiating squarewave. It would make for a less awkward transition to the drop. Better yet, you can speed up the vintage-sounding track and bring in a heavy-sounding noise roll (which sounds like a rolling bass drum) that drops right into that fast intro. 

That heavy sounding bass lead could benefit from a slow phaser to give it a little flavor. It is sounding rather dry. Those upper squarewaves could use a subtle chorus too, also some more activity. 

Good chord progression though.

As far as your lyrics, hate to break it to you again, but...they were cheesy. The reason why they were cheesy was because some of the lines had awkward connections. In addition, you were telling too much. Show how those great days influenced you. Use rhetorical language to bring your lyrics to life. Honestly, there was no need for the f-word in this song. It just brought an uneasy vibe, like I know you're trying to emphasize, but you don't have to use such strong of a word. 

In terms of vocals, your rap was a little too loud in the mix and Jacke-App's voice was drowned out. Turn up his volume. Also, his vocals had a lot of high end. Beef up the lows and mids to bring up the tone in his voice. Also, run it through a compressor, lowering the attack for a direct sounding vocals. You may want to give it some gain while you're running it through th compressor. 

All in all, it's an ok track, but in the long run, it could use quite a bit of work. I'm always here if you need anything