Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

web YouTube Channels that you have unsubscribed from

Kyoshi Frost Wolf

YouTube is a place that can be part of a sad reality, good things don't always last. Same thing applies to YouTube channels in certain regards. Sometimes, for whatever reason, a channel that we once loved can go downhill, either slowly overtime or just drastically without warning. When this starts to impact the entertainment that we once had with that, channel we may very well unsubscribe, as it might be pointless staying along for the ride at that point.

That is the question here. Are there any YouTube channels that you have ever unsubscribed from for whatever reason? Also, let's not get into any big debates why someone should have stayed subscribed or whatever.

I have unsubscribed from several in the past, the most recent being TheAngryJoeShow. I find that his content has been abysmal as of late and now when he makes an 'angry rant' video, it is never properly constructed or done for the purpose of making things better. Not to mention his disregard for his own game reviews.

About 4 years ago or so, I was also subscribed to Markiplier. Looking back I don't understand why I ever was in the first place. I noticed that after he hit 1 million subs, he started to go heavily into a PewDiePie route, making his thumbnails as stupid as possible, all capsing all of his titles, coming up with insanely immature subtitles and just being annoying. So that eventually led to me giving up on him.

What about all of you?

• Brohoof 1

Ownagepranks! I used to love his pranks, but it seems like hes gone soft recently and most of them are just stupid/bad premise. But then again sometimes he still puts out a good video. Definitely a channel worth checking out.

Actually I haven't looked at his channel recently, he mightve improved again

On the other hand, one channel I have been really impressed by recently is the phillip defranco show

Edited by trademark2

I've unsubbed quite a few channels over the years. Most of them were gaming channels who decided that they should play those shitty online flash games where your favorite character is pregnant or needs their teeth pulled or other shit like that. However there are a couple channels that I dropped like a rock and would never touch again. 

Tobuscus/Toby Turner/Toby Games: There was a time when Toby Turner made actually enjoyable content. Some of his stuff was even shown on mainstream media. However the quality of his content went down the drain and he had not kept his word with projects he crowdfunded so I unsubbed. It was some time after that I found out that he dove into drugs and sexually harassing women at the time, including but not limited to exposing himself to women while intoxicated and excessive amounts of cheating/stalking on his girlfriends/exes. 

The Fine Bros: React World. Enough said

Every Smash Bros Melee channel I've ever subscribed to. Melee isn't what it used to be anymore and it's not something I can enjoy anymore

I have subscribed to a few gaming channels that made some interesting videos, but then their later videos were just dumb. The worst of which is probably CultOfMush who makes 5 minute advertisements ever week. That's just really dumb. I'm already seeing ads

The only one I can recall unsubscribing from in recent memory would have to be Lilly Peet; original Jerry Peet. While I found a lot of her content thought provoking and even agreeable (her villain video is still excellent), he recent content has been lacking and recent allegations from the likes of JoshScorcher have been disappointing; to say the least.

• Brohoof 1

I'm not gonna name names because I personally feel it's rude, even if I didn't like them enough to stay subbed. 

One of the biggest sub killers for me is people who promise to deliver but don't. I'm fine with irregular/infrequent uploads, but it's always a downer when someone says they're gonna do something but doesn't. Eventually it can happen enough that you just get bored. One channel I followed made very nice LP videos, but had trouble sticking to series. He then switched to a new channel as a fresh start but the issues persisted.

Other cases for unsubbing is just growing tired of their content. Just simply losing interest in their personality and videos.

And then there's the cases where I sub to someone as I enjoyed some of the videos I checked out. But then realising that I don't really like anything they upload beyond those initial videos.

Saberspark is one. I subscribed to him back when he made pony videos and I liked those (wish he didn't unlist most of them), then he switched to general animation. It wasn't that alone that made me unsubscribe. I gave it a chance, but it wasn't doing it for me. Mainly, what I didn't like are stuff like his "What's Ruining/Ruined..." videos, which I could've handled sometimes, but it became clear that it was becoming a big part of his channel. I respect his opinions, but I tend to avoid YouTubers that focus so much on the bad. Yes, the networks he's talked about do have problems and I will criticize them on those problems, but it's not like there isn't any good to them either. Plus, I noticed his What Ruined Disney Channel video really could've been better researched. Can't recall if any of his other videos were like that, but that was when I had enough and unsubscribed. I still follow him on Twitter and Tumblr, but I don't know how long that I'll continue to do that. I have nothing against Saber personally. I'm actually glad he's been doing so well. It's just that I don't like his newer videos.

There's also League of Super Critics, which I actually realized I was still subscribed to just yesterday. I only subscribed for the Nostalgia Critic and he's long gone from there, plus I don't care for the few videos that were uploaded in the past year and the channel is all but dead at this point, so there was no reason for me to stay subscribed.

Edited by PinkiePie97
  • Brohoof 1

(But Markiplier is so wonderful <3)

The main one I can think of is Pewdiepie. I used to love him during 2013 and early 2014 I think it was, I found him to be very funny but now... he's just became annoying as hell to me. To me it seems like he no longer cares about his fans as much as he used too and his jokes nowadays tend to just be sexual which is alright the first couple of times but considering it's like every video, it just becomes annoying and boring.

It feels like he isn't the person I subscribed to anymore, most of his videos nowadays are mainly vlogs plus click baits, I subscribed to him to watch him play games but he rarely does.

• Brohoof 2

Actually I unsubscribed from HowtoBasics today since I haven't actually watched any of his videos in YEARS. It's the kinda stuff that's amusing at first and after a few videos you just get bored :P

I've unsubscribed from channels either because the person's content no longer appeals to me or because I subscribed and never looked at another video from that person and ultimately unsubscribed later. I also use my latter reason as a means of cleaning out my subscription feed.

Pewdiepie. He just seems as though he doesn't care too much about his fans anymore. I'm sure there are others I've unsubscribed from, but Felix is the only one that comes to mind at the moment.

Still a proud subscriber of Onision by the way. lol.

Edited by ManyANewDay_14
  • Brohoof 1

I actually used to be subscribed to a fair amount of MLP analysts in the past, including the likes of Paleo, Digibro, etc., I've pretty much unsubscribed to all of them except for Joshscorcher(though I mainly watch his gaming videos), Silver Quill, and Toonkriticy2k

Also used to be subscribed to benthelooney

Don't know HOW I managed to stay subscribed to him for so long

Also Raz0rfist, I usually do like his content, but I on and off subscribe and unsubscribe from time to time, mainly whenever he decides to get political

Recently, Muselk since he quit Team Fortress 2. Now he just plays Overwatch and left most of his TF2 fans behind, that got his channel to more than half a million subs. I don't like Overwatch, so I don't have a reason to stay.

The user I unsubscribed was Lily Peet after how he treated Joshscorcher A.K.A The Fiery Joker. You shouldn't treat other ponies badly that way.

Edited by Photon Jet
  • Brohoof 1

Um... DesolatorMagic. I'm a Magic the Gathering fan, and Des has a really bad habit of doomsaying and slamming "netdeckers" as 50%+ of his content. Magic the Gathering is a super intricate card game with many many ways to play, and Desolator has this habit of thinking his way of doing things is the only way to go about it. I just got tired of his rants, honestly, and his decks and other opinions just kind of stopped being interesting to me.

The last three four big ones (that I can think of) is Tek Syndicate, VanossGaming, Jacksepticeye, and Epic Meal Time.

Tek Syndicate was pretty cool, but then the two guys running the show, Logan and Wendell had a conflict of interest in the direction of the company, and where the merchandise sales and Patreon money they had been getting was going to. When the news broke on their forum about this, people called bullshit Logan, and where promptly banned. A bunch of other people who worked for them either were fired, quit, or went with Wendell. With his actions, Logan has tainted the whole channel. Rebranding it as "CritTV" doesn't wipe the slate clean.

VanossGaming got old pretty quick. I enjoyed the Gmod and GTA V videos, but I couldn't bring myself to care about any of his other stuff.

Jacksepticeye (for those who don't know) got big because Felix gave him a shoutout. I actually didn't mind that he loud at first, but it really got to me. The final straw was the increasingly annoying thumbnails and content that I just didn't care to watch.

Epic Meal Time seemingly lost their way not long after I subbed.

Edited by Vulon Bii

The Amazing Atheist.

I really think he can be a funny guy, and many of his talks in regards to Atheism, LGBT rights, etc (at least if we're talking about 2012 and before, I don't know of beyond that) ring true. But there was an elephant in the room, and that is his anti-feminism stance. I ignored those anti-feminist videos, but once I saw how toxic he was, I couldn't anymore.

I haven't seen his channel in ages. It's a shame because oftentimes he hit the nail on the head on points (which just baffles me to no end how he could understand LGBT rights so well, but then be so wrong otherwise). But I'm not going to defend him. He's undoubtedly quite a figurehead for the disgusting misogynistic image that has been slapped on atheism. One would think that atheism would be less susceptible to such things (we have no holy text justifying sexism), but that's wrong. Dead wrong. And that makes me extremely sad and afraid.

Markiplier, I only liked his fnaf stuff and undertale stuff, and even then it was flawed. And I also kinda despise how they let him have fun with drunk goggles, but I tried to order them, and the company wouldn't let me unless I had a business or school. One video I liked of his aside though was the vr fruit ninja thing.

The Amazing Atheist.

I really think he can be a funny guy, and many of his talks in regards to Atheism, LGBT rights, etc (at least if we're talking about 2012 and before, I don't know of beyond that) ring true. But there was an elephant in the room, and that is his anti-feminism stance. I ignored those anti-feminist videos, but once I saw how toxic he was, I couldn't anymore.

I haven't seen his channel in ages. It's a shame because oftentimes he hit the nail on the head on points (which just baffles me to no end how he could understand LGBT rights so well, but then be so wrong otherwise). But I'm not going to defend him. He's undoubtedly quite a figurehead for the disgusting misogynistic image that has been slapped on atheism. One would think that atheism would be less susceptible to such things (we have no holy text justifying sexism), but that's wrong. Dead wrong. And that makes me extremely sad and afraid.

He was a slob, jiggling his shirtless belly about to prove a point was too immature for me.

But anti-feminism does have some points, you would need to see how feminists behave in rallies and stuff that make them look bad, including people denouncing white males all the time, and blm attacking white people in riots specifically. And half of the case for feminism is all exaggerated or inaccurate. Like the earnings gap is not a wage gap, because women choose to take certain degrees instead, and men choose to take other degrees instead usually. Thus they end up with different jobs, that happen to pay less. And Asians technically earn more than white males, and they never mention that. Its just white males are a huge demographic so guilting them for money, which does happen, is more successful than guilting asians.

And if feminism did adhere to its definition, we wouldn't call it feminism half the time, we would call it equalism.

Granted idk how he personally explained his stance. But I don't think theres reason to be afraid really.

Also LivingTombstone I unsubbed from too, he is just making fad music half the time, and I am not into the other fads since he stopped mlp music.

Unsubbed from ThunderF00t, got too ranty n negative. Too much complaining about feminism, despite the cases he brings are usually good how he goes on and on about one point is just too much. Plus the radical fems he does share are sometimes too infuriating to wanna tolerate regularly seeing. Even beyond that more than half of it is all drama.

Edited by Lil Pip
  • Brohoof 1

There has been multiple channels that I have unsubscribed to for multiple reasons, but these are the two main ones I think of.

I unsubscribed from the Fine Bros, a long while before the whole React World controversy, so I guess I can say that I was ahead of the curve there.

Then there was Game Theory which used to be really fun and entertaining, but ended up becoming pretty dull and focused too much on FNAF.

It's the current 3rd-wave feminism that is the issue, not just feminism in general. Y'know, the kind that says "all men are pigs".

I don't unsub from many channels but I have from Verlisify and EntaK before. After all the drama Verlisify has been through his Pokemon video content has been going downhill; now most of his videos can be best described as clickbait and they're rather distasteful to watch.

On the other hand, the problem with EntaK isn't his content – his content is fine and he isn't like some gamers who try to force a lot of their reactions all the time. But for the last few months he has been abandoning his Unturned fanbase to play other games, and there's no sign of him coming back to play Unturned, not even a video and post saying what he's going to do with the game. At least Muselk admitted the difficulty of finding content for his TF2 videos, but EntaK hasn't been paying attention to Unturned at all despite its regular updates. It's rather saddening, consider he built his YouTube channel off of Unturned, and now he's leaving the Unturned community in the dark. 

For the most part I don't think the context of most gamers' videos are that bad, but they need to stop putting their title in ALL CAPS. The amount of clickbait is getting ridiculous, too.