Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc The Ever-Ending: Behemoth [Closed]

FancyHorse

(IC) ALL ABOARD!: https://mlpforums.com/topic/161841-the-ever-ending-behemoth-of-the-tracks/

Station distress, this a critical failure situation.

With the screen flickering to live the camera was greeted by the face of a distraught griffon. Eyes sunken, shaken talons and overall- a negative outlook. Not to mention of course the obvious horizontal angle the feed came into as though he was laying on his side. In reality it was in turn the camera on its side. More so- the entire train.

"Open distress- this is.." his breath was shaky. "This is Hydra F-3B. Security of Queen class carrier: call sign Titan."

He sat back a bit staring at the screen for what seemed like an eternity. A never-ending concentration of his pupils into the lens of the camera. His talon reaching out to almost caress it. The orange emergency light only noted as its only source to show his appearance. Just out of view to his left noting the hoof of an off screen pony.

"There's.. not much to say." His voice still in a low volume. "The uh... " He drifted.

"Just tell them what happened." Another weak voice spoke, possibly from the pony off screen.

".... All passengers lost." He started. "Turrets offline. All carts derailed." He continued. "...We're completely surrounded. Stranded. No chance we're getting outta this one." He trailed off once more.

"Train master is... gone. As well as the rest of the team. It's just me... and our only operator." He said.

"At all costs- Route 14 of White Wood is a death trap. Ever-end is everywhere. Avoid this route- at all costs."

He looked down, a mechanical click was heard. He looked over to his off screen companion the two looking eyes before returning gaze to the lens.

"Power wont last. There's... not really much to say- Oh." The lights above progressively dimming. With darkness approaching he left his seat joining his off screen friend.
"It's gonna be okay..." His whisper was faint.
Faintly heard from the mic a slow deep rumble echoed about against the hull of the train engine. It's exterior tapped about from outward beings upon it, unable to find the entrance that was sealed tight.

And soon it was darkness. No lights at all. Only the faint breathing of the two as they await the inevitable.

"I'm scared." The griffon said.

----------------------------------------------

Congratulations citizen! You're station pass has been approved and has been cleared for travel aboard our finest and most successful carrier trains to date. Here at Celestial Junctions And Transport Services its important that safety and comfortability are valued as priorities to all citizens of Equestria to continue about their lives in these desperate times.

With a constant threat of Ever-End beings and Vagabonds roaming the outland areas outside of the safe zones- you can be rest assured that CJTS has been given a survival success rate at 96.7% Our trained staff and security are of the highest profession and are committed to your safety and comfort.

Your station pass has been granted to board our most successful carrier train to date. Your current boarding information will be printed below. Please keep a copy on hand in case directional usage is needed to find your train in a timely manner.

BOARDING PASS NOTICE: GATE#B-2

TRAIN# LA-6 B CALLSIGN: FIREISLAND

PASS #XXXXXX

TRAINMASTR: Zuck Switchback

BOARDLOCAT: MACINTOSH HILLS STATION

START:HAYBALE CITY

FINAL:MANECOUVER

-----------------------

So with that outta the way, Eeyup. Back at it again with a possible good idea (good idea?) . The setting taking place in sometime after what an event that was called "The Ever-Ending" . An amalgam of magical surging from the Everfree forest with a rather unsavory explosion of unearthly beasts from a dimensional rifting (Rifts are a rather overt thing in fantasy ehy?) called the Void. With no living being able to survive in this environment changing hostility (or that of Void origin) the lands of Equestria (and beyond) have fallen into a distraught and chaotic state (and not the dragonequess type).

Having a heavy attempt at scorching earth campaigns (burn baby burn) the Ever-End have been pushed into a stalemate status halting its spread and able to maintain some hope of balance and stablility but at the cost of many lives and settlements. And as the years went on it seemed this unchanging was unending.

With travel becoming a dangerous proposition to take in these drastically horrid times, the government funded CJTS to provide transport services for the railways which have amazingly remained open and have been outfitted and modernized for better travel out in the field against both Brigands and Ever-End beings alike.

As a passenger aboard FireIsland, a Behemoth class carrier (Its in the title, nerd) you'll take a ride from coast to coast across this desolate and bleek ridden Equestria that is struggling to maintain itself. Also... Armored trains. Who don't like that?

Requirements!
All characters are to board at Macintosh Hills Station. (Your character doesn't have to be from Haybale City)
Characters must be of age! No young children may travel alone unless accompanied by an Adult.
Character submissions may be submitted in brief summary (Name,Age,Description, Occupation) . Though a Character sheet is recommended.
Canon characters are open for play! But in limited selections. Currently Mane6, Starlight Glimmer, CMC and All Princesses and Villians are an obvious restriction. If you have any questions regarding any playable characters do ask/post and I will assign approval or not.
No Alicorns por favor. (Sorry)

Current Passenger listing

Lance - Passenger Cart - Class: Economy (@genessee)

Lory - Passenger Cart - Class: Economy (@Driz)

Ophelia - Passenger Cart - Class: Economy (@Hazard Time)

Sahay - Passenger Cart - Class: Economy (@Stripes)

Quill - Passenger Cart - Class: Business (@Mentis Soliloquy)

(Canon Char.) Fancy Pants - Passenger Cart - Class: Business (DM)

Techno - Passenger Cart - Class: Royalty (@Techno Universal)

ALL SEATINGS HAVE BEEN FILLED. AWAIT FOR TRAIN ARRIVAL.

STAFF LISTINGS (30 Total.)

All Staff members will be controlled by the DM. Though Volunteers can be accepted to play as staff at DM discretion.

Attendant Staff
Coach master: Julian Hoofington - Male - Earth Pony
Assistant: Sunshine Grimm - Male - Earth Pony
Assistant: Handy Dandy - Male - Unicorn
Supply Manager: Daisy Routine - Female - Unicorn
Supply Assistant: Magritte Chester - Female - Pegasus
Passenger Marshall: Eugene Merryweather - Male - Unicorn

Security Staff
Head of Security: Patrinko Iamov - Male - Diamond Dog
Armory Head: Gizmo Widget - Male - Unicorn
Security Team 1: Fenrir
Fenrir 1: Borris Vaselov - Male - Diamond Dog
Fenrir 2: Shuhrat Yarsk - Male - Diamond Dog
Fenrir 3: Alexi Breznev - Male - Diamond Dog
Fenrir 4: Marz Juniper - Female - Griffon

Security Team 2: Galm
Galm 1: Artyom Zhidkov - Male - Diamond Dog
Galm 2: Zachia Shidhar - Male - Diamond Dog
Galm 3: Glebb Rosskvin - Male - Diamond Dog
Galm 4: William Ward - Male - Pegasus

Gunner Cart 1: Turbo Killer
Cannon Operator: Jaqius Rynerock - Male - Griffon
Loader: Morris Daemon - Male - Unicorn
Left Hand gunner: Azimor - Male - Hippogriff
Right Hand gunner: Maxima Browning - Female - Griffon

Gunner Cart 2: Napalm Poet
Canon Operator: Kellin Sharpwing - Female - Griffon
Loader: Becka Offspry - Female - Pegasus
Left Hand gunner: Zackha Ozimivo - Male - Diamond Dog
Right Hand gunner: Kruschev - Male - Unicorn

Reactor Engineers
Engineer Supervisor: Jermia Einstein - Male - Unicorn
Engineer Assistant: Rosemary - Female - Unicorn
Engineer Assistant: Kellogg Jurry - Male - Unicorn

Train Operators
Train Master: Zuck Switchback - Male - Unicorn
Operations Assistant: Rex Hoofmen - Male - Earth Pony
Communications: Patrica Jammer - Female - Unicorn

Train Layout Structure

All passengers have been given a full extent map of the basic layout of the carrier. 

(Cart sections are listed from Front to Rear)

Front Cart - Engine 

Operations/Controls

Crew Quarters

Communication room

Second Cart - Reactor

Sanitation Room

Main Reactor

Coolant Storage

Power Control

Engineer Quarters

Third Cart - Gunner Cart 1

Bunks

Cannon

Living Space

Fourth Cart - Security Housing

Armory

Quarters/Living Space

Lunch Cube

Security Office/Brig

Fifth Cart - Passenger Cart (Two Floors)

FIRST FLOOR

Economy Seating

Kitchen Room

Assistant Office

Storage Room

SECOND FLOOR

Royalty Seating

Business Seating

Coach Master Office

Nurse Office

Sixth Cart - Storage/Cargo Hold

Supply Manager Office/Quarters

Inventory Room

Seventh Cart - Gunner Cart 2

Bunks

Cannon 

Living Space

Edited by FancyHorse
  • Brohoof 3

Hello, ! You probably know me from your friends list and messages, and you know my character, Lance. But I tend to make altered backstories for every roleplay I join with Lance, so here goes. Also I'mma make this all computery 'cause why not?

------- Searching for Pony ID... -------

------- Pony ID Loaded. -------

Pony Name: Lance

Pony Race: Earth Pony

Hometown: Haybale City

Occupation: No permanent job. Generally does chores such as mowing lawns for pay.

Appearance: Has a black mane and a light gray coat, as well as deep, blue eyes.

Personality: Gets attached to things easily and will attempt to protect anypony that is in danger, unless he thinks that they deserved it. Very curious, sometimes getting him into bad situations.

Notes: Always wears a worn black hoodie.

------ Loading LANCE_BACKSTORY.docx... -------

------ Document Loaded. -------

After the Ever-End began, Lance's life was impacted dramatically. He now had very little work, and thus had very little income. With such little income he went from a middle class being to a lowly, unemployed stallion overnight. With what little revenue he had, he spent on food or saved for a train trip. This train trip was going to get him to Manecouver, where he could hopefully find better work and a better lifestyle. Last month he had finally saved up enough for the fare and about a weeks worth of food, plus extra. He now boards the train, and hopefully his new life.

------ Closing LANCE_BACKSTORE.docx... -------

------ Shutting down... ------

• Brohoof 1

@@genessee

Thanks for applying. Looks good, though I will say though to bump your age a couple years to comply with the age requirement.

Overall, your accepted. You've been given an economy class seating.

Furnishings include: A simple reclining chair, one daily meal and snack and of course access to the public restroom.

• Brohoof 1

Well I've got my own OC here created specifically for this RP. :)

Pony Name: Techno

Pony Race: Unicorn

Hometown: Haybale City

Occupation: Was originally a scientist at Celestial labs.inc after he volunteered himself to be made into a robot as a part of a huge project he is now always traveling out on the field and doing assignments to test his inbuilt computer functions

Appearance: Has a blue mane and tail and a dark gray coat, as well as deep, blue eyes.

Personality: He is very inquisitive about everything and he is always dependent on instructions given to him by the company. He is always keeping a close eye on everything and monitoring his systems.

Notes: he was made into a robot 5 years ago for the company to experiment and further develop robotic technologies.

Backstory: He started as an robotics developer at Celestial labs.inc a company that equestria was highly dependent on for technology development. The company then needed someone to be made into a robot for their next big project. So Techno ended up doing it and now he's going around and doing assignments for the company. He has now been sent on the new train to test a new interface addition to his CMD system that will allow him to closely monitor every system in transportation vehicles.

I suppose. But be cautious if the Train Marshall find out. You'll be fined if they figure you out.

Well the thing is that he looks just like a normal pony and the only way to expose him is if you actually know about his existence or if he sustaines damage like if the train crashes. :)
  • Brohoof 1

Well the thing is that he looks just like a normal pony and the only way to expose him is if you actually know about his existence or if he sustaines damage like if the train crashes. :)

I was talking to Genessee. Sorry I wasn't pay attention that you posted. 

About your character. It's a good entry though in honesty if you removed the robotic augmentations then you'd be pretty well off to go. 

While the technology has reached a sufficient advancement- Cybernetics hasn't exactly reached that level. Think of the style of tech as like- industrial retro scifi... Like... Bladerunner or Alien with a tad hint of a Diesel punk dystopian atmosphere. 

Also, I don't think the train crew and security team would enjoy having an advance robotic pony able to interface itself with their systems. 

@@genessee

Be cautious if you plan to board and lie about age. If the Train Marshall catches on he'll fine you and maybe even drop you off at the nearest station. 

• Brohoof 1

@

I gotta say, that introduction gave me chills~  :D

So, um... I was wondering if I could maybe join in with Lory. I've actually been dying to see how my new little hooligan would behave in a post-apocalyptic sort of scenario. Here's her profile:

https://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/lorianne-lory-vox-r1540

Before I get to writing her backstory for this RP though, I wanted to ask a little bit about the Vagabonds first. Are they basically like, small groups of bandits and outlaws that gathered after the Never-Ending hit, taking advantage over the chaotic situation to just, y'know... steal and kill a bunch, kind of? If so, would it be okay if I made my character one of them? A defected one, at that, so she is no longer a bandit. She would be joining everyone else as a common traveler... I feel like that would fit rather well with her background.

• Brohoof 1

@

I gotta say, that introduction gave me chills~  :D

So, um... I was wondering if I could maybe join in with Lory. I've actually been dying to see how my new little hooligan would behave in a post-apocalyptic sort of scenario. Here's her profile:

https://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/lorianne-lory-vox-r1540

Before I get to writing her backstory for this RP though, I wanted to ask a little bit about the Vagabonds first. Are they basically like, small groups of bandits and outlaws that gathered after the Never-Ending hit, taking advantage over the chaotic situation to just, y'know... steal and kill a bunch, kind of? If so, would it be okay if I made my character one of them? A defected one, at that, so she is no longer a bandit. She would be joining everyone else as a common traveler... I feel like that would fit rather well with her background.

That can work. I'm glad this is picking up traction. I felt this was never gonna be getting off the ground X3 

I'll look into your character and get back with you (though I honestly feel you'll get the position.)

@@Driz

Alrighty! I've taken a read at you. Looks great. Based on the background- You will be given an economy seat. Furnishings include a reclining seat. A daily mean and snack, simple radio and television entertainment with pre selected movies. And of course El Bano. .... The bathroom. 

• Brohoof 1

@

Alright, thanks a bunch! I'll be coming up with her specific backstory for this RP shortly, and I'll most likely update her character page with it once I'm done (on the 'Other' section). But yeah, basically, I'll be using the ex-Vagabond idea~ 

• Brohoof 1

@

Alright, thanks a bunch! I'll be coming up with her specific backstory for this RP shortly, and I'll most likely update her character page with it once I'm done (on the 'Other' section). But yeah, basically, I'll be using the ex-Vagabond idea~

Fantastic! If you have anymore questions, let me know! :)

• Brohoof 1

Gonna steal @@genessee's format because it works well.

Pony Name: Ophelia

Pony Race: Crystal Pony

Hometown: Crystal Empire

Appearance: Rose and lavender bicolor mane/tail, purple coat, pink eyes, white "star" and "socks" on three of her legs.  Wears thick stockings on all four of her legs and a dark hooded coat that obscures most of her features, including a bejeweled circlet.  3'1" tall and 187.5 lbs.

Personality: Withdrawn and introverted.  Normally impartial to everypony she meets.

Notes: Natural empath; can sense and feel the emotions of those around her, though she can gain further accuracy by staring them in the eye, which produces a sensation that many have described as discomforting or creepy.  Were she to touch another with her bare hoof, however, it would meld their consciousnesses together, allowing her to gain a deep understanding of their psyche, which may possibly be traumatic for herself or the victim.

Picture reference below spoiler

sig-4789036.sig-4789036.eZKDDJC.jpg

(Forgot to mention, she'll be taking economy)

Edited by Hazard Time
  • Brohoof 3

Gonna steal @@genessee's format because it works well.

Pony Name: Ophelia

Pony Race: Crystal Pony

Hometown: Crystal Empire

Appearance: Rose and lavender bicolor mane/tail, purple coat, pink eyes, white "star" and "socks" on three of her legs.  Wears thick stockings on all four of her legs and a dark hooded coat that obscures most of her features, including a bejeweled circlet.

Personality: Withdrawn and introverted.  Normally impartial to everypony she meets.

Notes: Natural empath; can sense and feel the emotions of those around her, though she can gain further accuracy by staring them in the eye, which produces a sensation that many have described as discomforting or creepy.  Were she to touch another with her bare hoof, however, it would meld their consciousnesses together, allowing her to gain a deep understanding of their psyche, which may possibly be traumatic for herself or the victim.

Picture reference below spoiler

sig-4789036.sig-4789036.eZKDDJC.jpg

(Forgot to mention, she'll be taking economy)

You have been accepted ! :D Yay. I'm really happy others are taking note to it.

• Brohoof 2

I was talking to Genessee. Sorry I wasn't pay attention that you posted.

About your character. It's a good entry though in honesty if you removed the robotic augmentations then you'd be pretty well off to go.

While the technology has reached a sufficient advancement- Cybernetics hasn't exactly reached that level. Think of the style of tech as like- industrial retro scifi... Like... Bladerunner or Alien with a tad hint of a Diesel punk dystopian atmosphere.

Also, I don't think the train crew and security team would enjoy having an advance robotic pony able to interface itself with their systems.

@@genessee,

Be cautious if you plan to board and lie about age. If the Train Marshall catches on he'll fine you and maybe even drop you off at the nearest station.

Well Techno is a new concept of technology that is still top-secret and under major development by the company but they hope to announce it to the public within the next few years when their ready.

Well when he interfaces with the trains systems he is basically just monitoring them silently and also broadcasting the data live back to the company. :)

Pony Name: 

Quill https://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/quill-r9417

Pony Race:

Unicorn

Female

Hometown:

Trottingham

National researcher (travels seeking lost information) 

Appearance: 

Quill is a chocolate brown coated unicorn mare with a cream front left sock. Her mane and tail are a light cream in colour her mane is curly and medium length has blue

highlights. Quill's tail is long and bushy just cream in colour. Quill wears a pair of glasses and her magic colour is white.

Personality: 

Quill is a more quite type of pony, her years have given her much experience of both various parts of life and ponies she can read most ponies rather easily. She has found that ponies are like books and the most subtle of movements, even the pronunciation of words can open them to be read. However many ponies cannot be read and the ones she can't this has given her a habit of offending, this has made her a little reclusive.

Notes:

Normal Spells:

• Telekinesis
  • Ice/water magic
  • Healing
  • Faerie light

I'd suspect she'd have money and enough importance to be in 

2 Business class passengers.

Anything else needed?

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

@@Techno Universal,

I'm sorry Techno, I would just prefer if your character were a normal pony.

@@Mentis Soliloquy,  

Looks well. I'll accept her for the business class accommodations. Furnishings come with a room cubicle with a nine feet spacing with a fold out chair/bed with padded cushions and added comforter. A desk, chair and television with pre recordered shows and movies. Two daily meals with three snacks at anytime. And access to business hygiene center and bathroom.  

Do keep her as a normal pony though. No vampirism please. 

FANCY PANTS JOINS THE COMPETITION! Of riding on an armored train that can practically be classified as a tank?

That's right everypony our first guest character has been announced. And he's open for playability if anypony takes interest. If not, the DM will take charge. 

TRAIN LAYOUT HAS BEEN CONSTRUCTED PLEASE REFER TO THE STARTING POST

Edited by IllusivePony
  • Brohoof 3

Consider me more than interested in this thread! It's good to see a story taking advantage of Equestria's dependence on rail transportation. I can't wait to see where this goes.

My character reference page is here.

Edit: Forgot to add his seat class. He's going with an economy class.

Edited by Stripes
  • Brohoof 1

@@Techno Universal,

I'm sorry Techno, I would just prefer if your character were a normal pony.

@@Mentis Soliloquy,

Looks well. I'll accept her for the business class accommodations. Furnishings come with a room cubicle with a nine feet spacing with a fold out chair/bed with padded cushions and added comforter. A desk, chair and television with pre recordered shows and movies. Two daily meals with three snacks at anytime. And access to business hygiene center and bathroom.

Do keep her as a normal pony though. No vampirism please.

FANCY PANTS JOINS THE COMPETITION! Of riding on an armored train that can practically be classified as a tank?

That's right everypony our first guest character has been announced. And he's open for playability if anypony takes interest. If not, the DM will take charge.

TRAIN LAYOUT HAS BEEN CONSTRUCTED PLEASE REFER TO THE STARTING POST

Uhh I think you've gotten me stuck in a bit of a loophole on that one... :)

(edited)

@@Techno Universal

When I mean normal I mean not a robotic pony For a good substitute you could simply play the role Of the Scientist- just minus being a robot.

@@Stripes
I'm pleased to hear you're intreged. :)

I'll have you added shortly when I return home.

ATTENTION! ALL ECONOMY CLASS SEATS HAVE BEEN FILLED - ROYALTY CLASS SEATINGS HAVE BEEN DISMISSED.

Our only Royalty class seating has been taken by our next character. Prince Blueblood will be joining on the trip. 

@@genessee,@@Stripes, @@Mentis Soliloquy, @@Driz, @@Hazard Time,  

Attention all passengers, the train will be arriving soon. 

@@Techno Universal,

Will you agree to changing, editing? Or will it just be an issue? 

Edited by IllusivePony
  • Brohoof 4

May the rails never bend!

Dont worry! Their made of hardened tungsten with magically reinforced treating. Hehe. Keep an eye out Stripey! The IC thread may be finished by tonight or as late as tomorrow night. 

• Brohoof 2

@@Techno Universal

When I mean normal I mean not a robotic pony For a good substitute you could simply play the role Of the Scientist- just minus being a robot.

@@Stripes

I'm pleased to hear you're intreged. :)

I'll have you added shortly when I return home.

ATTENTION! ALL ECONOMY CLASS SEATS HAVE BEEN FILLED - ROYALTY CLASS SEATINGS HAVE BEEN DISMISSED.

Our only Royalty class seating has been taken by our next character. Prince Blueblood will be joining on the trip.

@@genessee,@@Stripes, @@Mentis Soliloquy, @@Driz, @@Hazard Time,

Attention all passengers, the train will be arriving soon.

@@Techno Universal,

Will you agree to changing, editing? Or will it just be an issue?

Well I just got the idea of having Techno with just a experimental CPU unit implanted 5 years before the RP. I've decided that in the company he is one of the most important senior executives and project managers. He also started the digital magic project that is still run by him to this day. Now his unit is a small board with a single chip that everything is compacted into. It's in the back of his head that is wired up directly to his brain. So he may end up in the royalty class deck as he was also showcasing it to royalty since he first started the revolutionary project. :)