Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Zoe Saldana Joins Cast

PinkiePie97

The name doesn't ring a bell to me either but I can take solace knowing one more person has been added to the voice cast.

I couldn't place either, but she has played as Uhura in the Star Trek reboots, in Guardians of the Galaxy, and in the first Pirates of the Caribbean movie. :)

• Brohoof 2

...Ugh...this doesn't bode well. They're introducing a pop singer named "Songbird" too...

You know what this means, don't you? That there will be, like, eight or twelve new & unique characters jumping about the screen & chirping for your attention like we can't make movies these days that take their time and use the already established characters we have. We have SIX main characters! And probably at least one new character that brings the problem to our heroines! We already have too many characters to focus on! And that synopsis on that page says the theme for the movie is to go out and explore to "meet new friends." 

You see that "Songbird" picture they had on that page? Practically engulfed by bows & frills? Sigh... this is going to be a spectacle.

... and rarely is a spectacle not also a huge mess.

I know its a kids' show, but you don't have to keep pummeling us with new stuff to hold our attention.

So the actress who played Gamora from Guardians of the Galaxy is going to be in an MLP movie.

That's pretty cool.

There were talks about Michael Pena who played Luis in Ant Man also being involved in the film, so I wonder who many other actors from the MCU could be in the film.

...Ugh...this doesn't bode well. They're introducing a pop singer named "Songbird" too...

You know what this means, don't you? That there will be, like, eight or twelve new & unique characters jumping about the screen & chirping for your attention like we can't make movies these days that take their time and use the already established characters we have. We have SIX main characters! And probably at least one new character that brings the problem to our heroines! We already have too many characters to focus on! And that synopsis on that page says the theme for the movie is to go out and explore to "meet new friends." 

You see that "Songbird" picture they had on that page? Practically engulfed by bows & frills? Sigh... this is going to be a spectacle.

... and rarely is a spectacle not also a huge mess.

I know its a kids' show, but you don't have to keep pummeling us with new stuff to hold our attention.

How many movies have you watched in your life time? You're acting like as if every single character in here is going to be needed to have some ultra development and all be main characters. I have a feeling that Songbird, played by the Sia the singer, will just probably come out to sing the ending song. Many movies juggle multiple characters very well, especially because many characters don't need much development and will be used for certain things.

Like Star Wars A New Hope. Tarkin wasn't a main character and didn't need much development, but he still had a great role.

If we wanted to see something that only focuses on our main six characters then we would just rewatch season 1. The synopsis is still very brief nothing to flip heads over. It'll probably change ina few months.

I say relax and just go with the flow. Many things have yet to be revealed. If it was just the same old thing why need a theatrical movie. It has to be spectacular!

Second MCU actor I believe? Michael Pena I believe was Antman

If they're still announcing actors I'm really hoping they still have time for my two golden boys *crosses fingers for Peter Cullen and Frank Welker*

How many movies have you watched in your life time? You're acting like as if every single character in here is going to be needed to have some ultra development and all be main characters. I have a feeling that Songbird, played by the Sia the singer, will just probably come out to sing the ending song. Many movies juggle multiple characters very well, especially because many characters don't need much development and will be used for certain things.

Like Star Wars A New Hope. Tarkin wasn't a main character and didn't need much development, but he still had a great role.

If we wanted to see something that only focuses on our main six characters then we would just rewatch season 1. The synopsis is still very brief nothing to flip heads over. It'll probably change ina few months.

I say relax and just go with the flow. Many things have yet to be revealed. If it was just the same old thing why need a theatrical movie. It has to be spectacular!

Small roles don't reduce the risk of spotlight-stealing, as MLP can attest to again and again. And if the rest of the Mane Cast were out of focus, then what point would there be in even putting them in the movie? According to Sony leaks, there was apparently a draft of the movie where everyone but Twilight got sidelined to the point where they barely seemed to stand out from the rest of the cast. And given how colorful we know they are, that's not good. Thankfully, the story as we know it is going in a totally different direction, but remember, this is still a movie with seven main characters the audience is expected to care about, regardless of how familiar they are with the source material. And that's amidst no more than eight celebrity guest stars. If this movie is going to be a success, it needs to be accessible to a wide audience.

I'd like to think that the writers are smart enough, than to focus on the new, Celebrity voiced characters over the established cast that people come to know and love, and make the same mistake the original Transformers movie made, getting rid of all the characters people actually cared about and forcing new characters on them, all of which(except for Arcee, Scourge and Cyclonus I think) were heavily advertised with celebrity voices

I couldn't place either, but she has played as Uhura in the Star Trek reboots, in Guardians of the Galaxy, and in the first Pirates of the Caribbean movie. :)

Perhaps I should look her up in order to expand my knowledge.

YAY green pony!!! lol They should do this as a nod to GOTG.

Blue/Green for a nod to Avatar as well lol.

But honesty I think she might not be playing a pony but maybe the seapony leader or a villain.

• Brohoof 1

Blue/Green for a nod to Avatar as well lol.

But honesty I think she might not be playing a pony but maybe the seapony leader or a villain.

Yeah, there'll be apparently quite a number of previously not seen species. Still, a blue and green sea pony would look good