Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Nervous ticks

Vampira Heart

Last year I had a bad nervous tick where I would rip things apart to calm my self and list of the worst things I distroyed were,2 paintings I made, a toy unicorn (R.I.P), a toy penguin, an old pillow pet, a lot of paper,garbage, some old cloths and a pillow (I was a little wild back then O-O) but now I just scratch things to calm myself the worst I've scratched was my skin but luckily I haven't distroyed anything >~<

Any one else have nervous ticks? :yay:

• Brohoof 3

I also tap my foot but I don't let my heal touch the ground so I don't make much noise.  I have a really bad habit of scratching my head when I'm stressed as well which I am trying to break, people have made fun of me for doing it in the past.

• Brohoof 1

I have a bad tendency to shake my leg. Like, just bobbing it up and down, faster and faster.
I shake my legs too but that's not because of nervousness, it's just a bad habit I got from my father.  :P

Mine is biting, I bite things if I don't have something in my mouth. I have destroyed many t-shirt  neck's and sleeves of hoodies and other long sleeved clothing :please: . That has made me kinda a fan of hard candy because that way I can protect my clothes :P

• Brohoof 1

I have motor ticks myself. I've had this for about 12 years. It usually happens when I'm very stressed in school.

When Stress triggers me, I tend to whip my neck around really badly as if i were to get out every tension I have.

But in reality it gets worse. I've pulled on my neck so much that my doctor said about 5 months ago, that my neck is 

getting weaker and more tender the more I keep doing this. But it's something I cannot control :(

Edited by Captain Whirlwind

I used to roll my wrist because it would pop as I did so due to the ganglionic cyst that was in my wrist.
Then I broke my wrist at work, was in a cast for three months, and the cyst went away. (Hopefully permanently)
Not, my elbow pops, so I sometimes twist my elbow to the point where it'll pop.
I have no idea why I do this, it just doesn't hurt and feels comforting for some reason.

I had a tendency to look away from my parents and remain quiet at times, hoping that they'll shut up. Other nervous ticks I've had were mostly wandering eyes.

I used to stare blankly at my bosses when I worked in retail.

Whenever they'd get all peeved and start fussing at me, I'd just stare them in the eyes with a blank expression waiting for them to finish.

Only ever did that when I knew whatever they were yelling about was either pointless or I wouldn't get punished in the end for.

I noticed in myself that I either cough uncontrollably or I get my hands on something I can play with either by squishing/shredding/pressing/etc. Sometimes I bite the skin around my nails or just play with my fingers

• Brohoof 1

Finger snapping, which i often do when i feel stressed, uncomfortable por just plain unsure. There's also chewing bubblegum, i've finished whole boxes of them. Chewing it just makes me feel less nervous.

When I'm nervous I tend to gesture rather flamboyantly as I speak. I look like a freaking Tex Avery cartoon character with highly exaggerated hand and body movements. I also scratch at my fingernails (as opposed to biting them when I was little) and tap my foot when I'm sitting down.  :please:

Well there's the leg shaking thing, though sometimes I do that when I'm just cold. If I'm standing up it's usually pacing, but sometimes that's just me thinking or at the very least daydreaming. In the worst, most stressful cases, the nervous tick turns into hair pulling.

• 2 weeks later...

Fellow nervous ticker here. Nervous ticker? When I say it like that it sounds...interesting. XD

I tend to have random nervous ticks throughout the day. No real pattern, though if I randomly think or see something that makes me feel really uncomfortable that can cause it to happen. I also have other little things like a nervous tick with my eyes sometimes and there are other things can happen. Been like that for years as my anxiety has gotten worse.

I have never, ever found someone else who has this tick. It's always the actual nail for most people, I'm glad I'm not alone.

Oh, never thought that's something rare XD I just really don't like messing up my nails so I never really developed a tick to bite them