Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private The Ever-Ending : Behemoth of the Tracks [CLOSED]

FancyHorse

@ @@Driz @@genessee

The mare averted her gaze, having gotten what she sought.  "Thank you," she whispered, her voice soft and airy.  She headed up the ramp and into the passenger car, taking a seat in the first row that called out to her.  She found herself across the aisle from another group of ponies, whom she ignored as she made herself comfortable.

• Brohoof 2

@@Hazard Time

Lance noticed the other mare come in, but didn't greet her. She looks like she wants to be left alone. 

@@Driz

"I wonder when the train is gonna get moving." Lance was beginning to warm up to Lory. With any other pony, Lance probably would have ended the conversation after ordering his sandwich.

@,

(Damn me this took off quick...)

Station Platform

Quill hurried to catch the only means these days to get around the nation safely, she rather liked trains anyway so this made it all the better. She had an assignment that had to see her get to Manecouver to go and raid a old household in the city for some tomes she'd heard about. 

She made her way towards the train she was a little forgetful whether she needed to just get on or have her ticket checked first. 

• Brohoof 1

@@Mentis Soliloquy

Stepping onto the gate entrance she is halted by Hoofington.

"Hello Ma'am. I'll need to see your ticket please." He says, readying his scanner.

From inside he kitchen Grimm plucked the phone from its reciever paging to the Security cart.

"Marshall to the Passenger Cart please."He says simply before placing it back down as he places each sandwich onto the tray returning forward to the cart.

@@Driz @@genessee

"Fellow ponies. Your brief snacks." He says displaying them to the two.

@@genessee,@@Driz, @@Hazard Time,  

With the passenger cart opening, stepping back inside from the railing balcony and disposing of his brief drag Fancy Pants returned inside from the Economy seat forward door. With a brief smile he walked about into the aisle nodding to the ponies around. 

"Greetings Gentlecolts, Far ladies." He nodded to both Lory and Lance before turning to nod to Ophelia. 

"I'm retiring back to the upper floor Grimm sir. Shall you brew me a quick coffee sir?" He asked with regal tone.

"Yes sir. I'll have it ready shortly." Grimm replied. 

• Brohoof 1

@

Whoa. What's Fancy Pants doing here? Lance didn't reply to Fancy when he greeted him. He was too busy gaping. When Fancy Pants left, Lance took a deep breath and convinced himself that it was still going to be a normal train ride. "Yeah, I'm gonna go check out my room. See ya." Lance then trotted off to wander the train in hopes of finding his room.

• Brohoof 1

With a successful pull from the security and supply team the final pallet is pushed in with quick endeavor. With Marge on the lift ramp she guides in the final bits of cargo.

"Thanks for the help boys." Daisy gave a brief thanks to the squad of guards before her.

"Dah, it's nothing. Just simple labor work." Fenrir lead; Borris gave a hearty reply with a tip of his security cap. 

"Back on your carts boys. Lets enjoy the rest of our little break." He said joining his little pack as they climbed back onto the rear cannon cart.

"Got our little route map? What's- Sweet celestia.." Rex muttered softly as he noted at the length the GPS indicator spanning.

"All across Equestria?" Patricia pitched in. 

"We've done these types of runs before." Zuck gave his simple note.

"Yeah but... across the whole country?" Rex questioned continuing to examine it. "I'm not complaining. Its a double haul so it'll be double the pay ehy?" He asked, iterating the last bit on payment. 

• Brohoof 1

@,

Station Platform

"Ticket... right got it here." She opened her satchel and retrieved the ticket giving it to the conductor all with her magic, (she maybe relied on her horn a little too much) or somepony to that extent. "I should be in the business class car that's what I payed for anyway." She remarked as she waited for earth stallion to finish what he had to do with her ticket, none of her concern really. 

• Brohoof 1

About a minute later, Lance walked back into the Economy Class looking flustered. "I totally knew that we share this space, and that was just an excuse so I could go look around." Well, it looks like I'll have quite a bit of space if I decide to sleep in the worst area. Welp, I choose space over quality. Lance settled on the back corner, the mustiest part of the train car.

• Brohoof 1

@@Mentis Soliloquy

Examining the paper. He nodded, everything looking in top order. Even the signature from the Junction head himself. With an approval scan he stepped aside. 

"Just take the stairs as you enter and my assistant Handy Dandy will assist you from there ma'am, enjoy the ride." He said with a smile. 

• Brohoof 1

@

Ophelia cast her eyes up to look at the stark white unicorn.  She could not recognize him, though he appeared to be a celebrity, generalizing from the familiarity she was reading from her passengers as well as the confidence expressed by the pony in question.  A movie star, perhaps?  CEO?  Comedian?  Hard to tell, she couldn't read minds.

@@Driz @@genessee

When he left, the crystal mare's attention turned to the ponies who sat across from her.  Very interesting emotions she was getting from them, and almost polar opposite.  One appeared to be expressing large amounts of charisma, while the other was simply...there.  She couldn't get too close of a read on him.  As soon as he had a seat back down, her attention focused on him.

• Brohoof 2

En-route to the Haybale City Train Station

Sahay gallops down the streets of Haybale, taking great strides towards the train station. He can't be late -- not today.

The Ever-End, much to its name, ended Sahay's nomadic life. At first, it was simply a detour around the Everfree, then it turned to wandering the eastern half of Equestria, before nearly dying while walking between neighboring towns. Staying in a single place for more than a few days was unheard of to him; it gave the poor zebra terrible anxiety when there was no new ground to tread. The walls of Haybale personified this anxiety, every passing day filling him with an urge to escape. This was one of the few bastions left for the pony kingdom, with travel between them relegated to deadly, expensive railroads. He would never be able to return to his old life, the only way he lived in Equestria.

Sahay had to go home. Equestria could not support him any longer. He held hope that the Zebra Territories were unaffected by the Ever-End, and that the oceans between the two countries did not have an aquatic equivalent of the End. Manecouver had to have a port or some way of travel, right?

The zebra rushes into the train station, his worn cloak billowing on his back. He pulls the ticket out of his saddlebag, making his way to the boarding area.

Haybale CIty Train Station

Sahay slows to a trot as he walks through the gate and up the ramp, the edge of his Econ-Class ticket held between his teeth. He gives the ticket collector a sheepish nod, leaning his head towards them to Hoofington.

• Brohoof 2

@@Hazard Time

Lance had sat in his new corner, and was beginning to eat his sandwich. I have no idea what's in this sandwich. It tastes fine, actually... Suddenly, Lance got a similar feeling of being watched as he had at the train station, but more powerful this time. Like something was reading his thoughts. I've heard of magic that can do that, but it requires great skill and concentration, and I don't see any unicorns. He looked around the room to see if anypony was directly staring at him. He made eye contact with the hooded mare.

• Brohoof 1

En-route to the Haybale City Train Station

Sahay gallops down the streets of Haybale, taking great strides towards the train station. He can't be late -- not today.

The Ever-End, much to its name, ended Sahay's nomadic life. At first, it was simply a detour around the Everfree, then it turned to wandering the eastern half of Equestria, before nearly dying while walking between neighboring towns. Staying in a single place for more than a few days was unheard of to him; it gave the poor zebra terrible anxiety when there was no new ground to tread. The walls of Haybale personified this anxiety, every passing day filling him with an urge to escape. This was one of the few bastions left for the pony kingdom, with travel between them relegated to deadly, expensive railroads. He would never be able to return to his old life, the only way he lived in Equestria.

Sahay had to go home. Equestria could not support him any longer. He held hope that the Zebra Territories were unaffected by the Ever-End, and that the oceans between the two countries did not have an aquatic equivalent of the End. Manecouver had to have a port or some way of travel, right?

The zebra rushes into the train station, his worn cloak billowing on his back. He pulls the ticket out of his saddlebag, making his way to the boarding area.

Haybale CIty Train Station

Sahay slows to a trot as he walks through the gate and up the ramp, the edge of his Econ-Class ticket held between his teeth. He gives the ticket collector a sheepish nod, leaning his head towards them to Hoofington.

Hoofington noted at him, "It's okay son you had plenty of time to spare." He said, noting at his heavy breathing and quick pace. 

Scanning at the ticket he stepped aside. "Just enter to the door to your right and have a seat. My assistant will be with you in a moment." He said. 

'Welcome aboard."

• Brohoof 2

@@genessee

Bright pink jewels shimmered back at him, sparkling in the light as they pierced into him.  How interesting; a spirit with no interest in excelling, no drive to become something more.  Low self-esteem, yet high concern for those around him.  Not a mindset that she would envy.

"What is your name?" the mare asked, her inquiry flowing out like a silky vapor.  Her eyes twinkled with curiosity as she dug deeper, tapping into his thoughts and reading each colorful emotion that presented itself to her.

• Brohoof 2

@@Hazard Time

"Um... Lance." He wasn't sure if he should feel alarmed or uncomfortable. He also didn't know what she was doing, but it definitely had to do with magic. He had no idea about anything else that she was doing, but it was magic. One part of Lance wanted to take this as hostile and draw his knife, but was drowned out by the other part that was curious to see where this was going. 

• Brohoof 1

@@Hazard Time,@@genessee, @@Driz,  

With the connecting door of the front of the cart opening- a middle aged unicorn stepped seemingly dressed plainly as the fellow passengers around. Was he already a passenger? He just.. showed up. 

With a brief glance at everypony, the tan unicorn smiled and took a seat at the front lounging about. 

• Brohoof 1

Hoofington noted at him, "It's okay son you had plenty of time to spare." He said, noting at his heavy breathing and quick pace. 

Scanning at the ticket he stepped aside. "Just enter to the door to your right and have a seat. My assistant will be with you in a moment." He said. 

'Welcome aboard."

Sahay flicked his head and stowed his ticket away just as fast as he took it out, before giving Hoofington a nod. "Thank you," he says, still panting quietly, "you have no idea how far I ran for this."

He weakly chuckles before entering the right door, peering into the cabin. The economy class cabin was quite luxurious compared to the other places he's had to camp out in, and found his seat next to a purple, strangely-reflective looking mare. The zebra gave her a small nod, not wanting to interrupt her conversation with another pony, and took his seat.

• Brohoof 3

@,

Station Platform

"Thanks." She said with a genuine smile and put her ticket away and proceeded to board the train... 

Fifth Cart

Business Seating

She boarded the train going upstairs to the business section of the upper floor, despite this she was gonna come down and talk to the regulars, few had the money to ever go up the stairs on these trains, usually quite quiet.

• Brohoof 2

@

Techno had fallen asleep in the seat on the staton platform as he got too bored not talking to anyone. He then quickly jumped awake and shouted...

TU: AHH!!! DID I FALL ASLEEP ON THE TOILET AGAIN!?

He then looked up and saw that the train had started boarding.

TU: NOPE!!! I'm late...

Techno then quickly jogged over to the passenger carriage door to board the train. He had his ticket scanned and then he made his way up to the royalty class cabin. When he got up there and took his seat he thought that it was surprisingly as luxurious as his own apartment in the Celestial labs office tower and he had never seen somewhere this luxurious before outside the Celestial labs office tower. He then booted up the vehicle interface system and it took a few seconds to calibrate itself to the train and once it was running Techno could view the train's speed, power, braking-power, motor/reactor-temperature and more... The system also had a warning function where it will display warnings if there is a problem or issue in the vehicle somewhere like a part over heating or other faults. Well this is what Techno was expecting from the system at minimum but he didn't know how much more content there was that had been added in by the programming team. Techno once again got bored and began to feel quite sleepy as he was waiting for the train to depart and of course he had his system already live streaming all imput data back to the labs as the team was watching everything at a presentation of the new program at the labs.

Edited by Techno Universal
  • Brohoof 2

Passenger Cart (Economy Class)

Soon as the breakfast arrived, with eyes filled with joy Lory stared at the neatly stacked pancakes on the tray in front of her. Shortly after romancing the snack for a few seconds, she got down to business with it, mercilessly digging in. Meanwhile, she was able to notice a few more passengers arriving at the scene. Clearly, the economy class would become considerably more cluttered than the other, expensive ones. From the pony's looks, at least they didn't seem to be so boring. The mare still expected an exciting travel.

@@Stripes

After finishing her meal, she reclined back on her seat and let out a quiet, suppressed burp, attempting to cover it up with a hoof. Then, she proceeded to take a better look at the newcomers: in specific, her sights were set on the zebra that sat nearby. Intrigued, she simply stared at him with a silent smile, hoping he would eventually notice.

• Brohoof 3

@Driz

Econ-Class Passenger Cabin

Sahay unclasped his cloak and hung it on the leg-rest that he didn’t share with the mare beside him, his saddlebag following suit. The zebra sighs again, still surprised that he made it this far. His seat was comfortable, the cabin was sturdy, and for the first time in months, he felt safe. A smile forms on his face.

The zebra laid back in his seat, taking the moment to glance over the seats across from him. His eyes meet with Lory’s, surprised that someone took notice of him already. He returns the smile and gives her a small wave, showing the worn underside of his hoof. Though, he wouldn’t be surprised if he was the first zebra she’s seen, the same going for most of the passengers aboard! 

Sahay decided to break the ice. “Hello!”

Edited by Stripes
  • Brohoof 2

@@Techno Universal

Without really much of wording to the others and straight passed the velvet carpeted and psuedo wood walling of the business class , the royalty entrance door led into the plush carpeted flooring with quartz coloring admist the solid walls encased in the hidden metallic shell surrounding them. You could hardly tell you were in an armored train at this point.

To the right held the large view port to see out into the station with an interior light around the seal for better illumination.

The furnishings, while note exactly royal, were a step up over economy and business combined. With a full size matress and night stand beside it both in matching dark spurce coloring. The comforter set in a deep Luna Navy coloring with plush pillows to boot.

With a fully equipped desk and terminal just close to it, it was indeed a nicer addition.

"Ahem!" An effeminate huff came from behind.

"Good day sir!" The flamboyant crimson unicorn introduced.

"I'm your royalty and business class attendant Handy Dandy!" He added giving a bow.

"Is there anything I can do for you today sir?" He asked him

---

@@Mentis Soliloquy

After hearing the rushing trot of the strange pony Fancy looked away from his little paper noting at the sudden appearance of the mare sitting away from him in her little cubicle space.

"Good evening madam." He called out in a gentle tone.

"Everything going well I take?" He asked, just in simple small talk to strike up conversation.

---

Looking about for anymore passengers, none did he see? Pleasant.

Returning back into the cart closing the shutter and latch he returned into his office once at the top of the stairs. Taking seat into his chair, Hoofington reached for his comm switching to ENGINE channel.

"Train master." He spoke,

"All looking good?" Came the reply.

"We can leave whenever you are ready. Let me have the passengers properly introduced and settled. Security probably still needs their ends done." He added,

"I'll let you know. " Zuck responded closing at his intercom.

Looking upward to his timetable: 7:12. Still looking good. Time departure was 7:30.

----

"Shell check!" Kellin called out as she flipped down her visor sit. The golden brass of the shells slightly reflected from the small lamp light inside in similar contrast with her golden matte coat. Her talons grasped firmly at the turn controls.

With a swift click of the mechanism at the loader tray Becka slapped down the ammo rack against the vertical holder.

"Check. Good." The olive pegasus reported.

"Okay. Coaxial turret online. Main cannon is good." The griffon added her visor sending the feed of the top turret camera. HUD display is off, only the camera feed came in.

"74 pounder is good. Give Pat the clear." Kellin spoke giving a thumbs indicator.

• Brohoof 1

@@Stripes

Lory's smile grew wider once the zebra greeted her back. She couldn't lie: she was curious. She'd never seen a zebra up close before, much less after the incident. Unable to contain herself, she got up from her seat and hopped over to him.

"Hey! What are you doing here, buddy? I mean... No offense, but Equestria is a mess right now. I don't see why foreigners would want any part in this..."

Edited by Driz
  • Brohoof 3

@@Driz

Sahay sat up as the light-reddish mare bounded over to him, repressing an eyebrow raise at her question. She probably meant no harm in asking that and how she phrased it, but it still irked him just slightly. Maybe it was just him still being anxious. He kept his smile up, not wanting to bring down the mood.

"I've lived here a while before the Ever-End, mostly seeing and researching the countryside. I can't do that anymore, so there's... not much reason to stay. I even un-learned my rhyming-crutch when I spoke Equuish just a month before this all happened, too."

"What about you? Why're you moving?"

Edited by Stripes
  • Brohoof 3

@@Stripes 

"Me?... Business." Lory responds the question after appearing reluctant, pensive for a couple of seconds. She nodded her head several times and murmured a few 'yeah's below her breath as to indicate that she was done, and that there wouldn't be any more to that answer - at least for the time being. After a somewhat brief awkward silence, she leaned against the traveler's seat and fixed her gaze back on him.

"Well, I guess there's just this whopping difference between living and surviving, huh? We used to do the former, now we do the latter. But hey, uh... Maybe I shouldn't need to tell you this, but do watch your flank out there, 'aight? I can tell you for sure, it's not very often that we have impending doom brought upon ourselves. But when it happens, we usually find a way out through, uhm... Friendship." The mare tapped her hoof on the seat and gave the zebra one last smirk and a wink, before heading back to her place. She didn't have much of a smooth way with words, and often didn't pay much mind to it as well. But truly, she didn't think ill of any of those passengers. She did have an objective set, however, and nothing would get in her way. With that thought in mind, Lory closed her eyes and relaxed back on her seat, awaiting their departure.

• Brohoof 3