Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private The Ever-Ending : Behemoth of the Tracks [CLOSED]

FancyHorse

@@Driz

Sahay quietly watched as Lory gave her vague answer, repressing his brows from furrowing. He contributed to the awkward silence with her for a few moments as she leans up against his seat, starting to struggle with keeping eye contact with the mare. This conversation didn't feel... natural, if any of her earlier reluctance hinted at anything. The zebra kept his silence as he listened to her spiel, tilting his head ever so slightly at all of this... advice. Maybe he should've made himself more clear on what he did.

"Thank you, I can imagine this business is... temporary." Sahay says, nodding and forcing his smile back as Lory walked away. "I am sure that friendship will find a way in guiding Equestria out of this dark period, as it has many times before. Don't worry about me, though! I've walked more than my fair share of wilderness and roads." 

Sahay watched as the mare took her seat once more, leaving him reeling from what just happened. What in the gods' names did any of that mean?

• Brohoof 3

Back into the security cart Patrinko's pawed feet clang against the metallic floor below. The faded florescent bulbs above buzzing about with the surging energy brought about by their Magicka Fusion Reactor. Removing his leather jacket revealing the dark gray coat and ballistic armor covering his chest and short sleeve shirt he adjusted his cap before pulling out his entry card to his off. With similar routine he entered the access code, tossing his jacket forward onto his desk. 

Past the office and lounge entries and now into the armory section the young stallion Gizmo, with his brighten coating of cream and brown mix- with a shortend buzz cut, continued with his usual routine of weapon inventory and ammo count. Meticulously counting at each weapon and with each container weighed on his portable scale with accuracy counting. All without having to open them.

"Found that missing pistol dovarish?" Came the gruff yet elder undertone from the canine. With a brief pause the unicorn sighed.

"No." he admited almost in defeat. 

"Find it. Ask again and again from everyone. Can't let a loose firearm about." Came the reply. But with a reassuring pat.

"It'll be okay don't stress it though. I'm heading to front. Seeing boss pone." He says 

----

"Reactor team is good?" Zuck looked about into the confined spacing of their control port. 

"They're reading good signs. We can depart early too at this rate. Not a high count of passengers sir." Rex responded, the pale blue unicorn fluffing at his mane a bit as he fiddled about on the controls and gauges. 

Looks like things are coming about. Hydraulic, Reactor output, shock couplings. All carts connected and ready. 

• Brohoof 1

@,

Fifth Cart

Business Seating

"Um hello..." A little off taken by the random nice gesture by the unicorn who she was sharing business class with, it was a nice change she was sometime the only pony who even went onto the top of the passenger cart on some journeys. "Um what business do you have in Manecouver?"  

• Brohoof 2

@@Mentis Soliloquy,

Fancy gave a bit of a brush of his whiskered mustache adjusting the monocle about on his right eye.

"Fashion my dear. Even in a world with ending times, I'm still holding to our favorite past times." He said, as though in some scripted monologe.

"Most of the fashion industry became tanked. Many unable to continue what with this heavy travel danger and scheduling.  Manecouver along with a short, short list of other cities have some remnants of maintaining a fashion savy public. I'll be approaching to one of my old friends. Hopefully I can convince the chap to loan me a building of his. Set up a small shop there?" He explains.  

• Brohoof 2

@,

Fifth Cart

Business Seating

"I don't mean to pry... but one should ask these things once at least to test her luck. Do you have much influence with the Rose-Quartz family, or know of someone over there that dose? I have something that will allow the city police entry to their home but I'd rather be invited in... just you seem connected." 

• Brohoof 2

@@Mentis Soliloquy

Fancy took and inquisitive pose his brows relaxing onto his eyes. Mentioning the police? Something serious per say?

"Is there something of concern? I'd like to know the situation if you don't mind?"  Fancy took a slight sip of his sparkling water sitting about on a coaster on his reclining chair handle his eyes still onto Quill. 

• Brohoof 1

@@genessee @@Stripes

The mare watched him for a little while longer before concentration was disrupted by the zebra sitting next to her.  Curiosity once more took over, though she reminded herself of her manners and returned her attention to the pony across from her.

"My name is Ophelia," she breathed.  "Are you another pilgrim?"

• Brohoof 3

@@Hazard Time

"Pilgrim? Yes, I guess so." Lance was curious to what Ophelia had done. He felt as if she knew him and his personality as if they had been friends for years, even though they had just met. Weird. Probably just me being paranoid. "So, why are you going to Manehattan? I'm going so I can find better work."

• Brohoof 1

@@genessee

"I have similar reasons, though I plan to travel to Manehouver."  Was Manehattan along the way?  She hadn't read about any of the stops that they'd be taking.  Perhaps the right thing to do was ask?  

"Do you know if this train be making multiple stops?"  Her eyes diverted to the sandwich he had in his hooves.  "And where might I find a meal, myself?"

• Brohoof 2

@@Hazard Time

"Manehouver? Oh, duh. I guess I read the final destination wrong. I guess we'll be making stops along the way; after all, Manehouver is across Equestria. Oh, and you can have my sandwich if you want. I wasn't going to eat it anyway." That was true, Lance wasn't very hungry.  He held the food out for Ophelia to take.

• Brohoof 1

@@Hazard Time

Sahay shifts his attention to the peculiar mare beside her, wondering why she was whispering to the colt across her. He quickly looks away to keep himself from prying, but couldn't help himself in turning an ear towards the conversation. What kind of stops would they be going to, anyway? He wondered if the train'd be cutting it close by the Ever-End zones.... 

• Brohoof 2

@@FancyHorse,

PASSENGER CART-ROYALTY CLASS

An attendant asked Techno if he wanted anything. He ordered a coffee as he was quite sleepy and didn't want to fall asleep during the trip as it would possibly interrupt the live transmission with his CMD. Techno then discovered a new feature that was in the system menu called AUTO SYSTEM ANALYSATION. When he activated the system it quickly displayed a huge list of all the train system statuses and displayed a message in green at the bottom of the screen saying that the train was reddy to depart and all systems were active. Even the systems were colour coded based off their status on the list.

TU: Wow!!! I never expected this!!! I'll definitely need to promote the programmers that added this!!!

• Brohoof 2

@@Techno Universal,@@Mentis Soliloquy

With a gentle bow he turned to leave the unicorn to his devices. 

Entering back into the business class suite Dandy noted to their new guest, having had to chase down their royalty passenger. 

"I do apologize Ma'am for not introducing earlier. My name is Handy Dandy and I'll be your cart attendant for your journey. Is there anything I can get you for the morning?" He asks in a gentle tone. 

Fancy smiles at the approaching unicorn. 

"While you're here sir, I would like a simple mug of coffee please." He says before letting him return to Quill.

• Brohoof 1

@@FancyHorse,

Fifth Cart

Business Seating

"Serious? No... no that's because I said police, their family is not in any sort of trouble, just I've been informed from a rather reliable source in Mancouver that the family in question has a rather old book collection... and I mean really, really old like going back to the sisters taking power times, such knowledge needs to be acquired for the state and I have the power to take the books, but I'd rather have them given to me and I can copy them and then return the originals." 

• Brohoof 2

@@Mentis Soliloquy

"My my! An ancient relic?" He asked, a bit stunned at the magnitude of the importance she just muttered. 

And this mare was sent as sorta enforcer on collecting these such items. His brows furrowed a bit. Could she end up being hostile to these ponies? Perhaps she may have- oh heavens no. This mare is simply doing her job. And she has the authority too. I doubt conflict is rare considering she could simply order the police around.

"I do apologize ma'am I have no knowledge about this book you're talking on." He replied in truth, unable to give her information. 

• Brohoof 2

@@FancyHorse

Fifth Cart

Business Seating

"I'm not asking about the books, I have a rough idea about the books I'm talking about the family, do you know or know somepony who could talk to them to let them in, I'll ask politely of course but it comes better from a friend then from an offical." She sat back and sighed in her chair...

She looks to the attendant. "A sweet hot chocolate please."

• Brohoof 2

@@Mentis Soliloquy

With a spring in his hoof step Dandy nodded and returned ahead toward the kitchen.

"I reiterate madam, I still don't know anypony regarding this book." Fancy replied in an apologetic manner. 

---

@@Stripes, @@Driz,@@Hazard Time,@@genessee

With everypony appeared occupied Grimm approached to the front of the cart noting at the pony sitting at the front by himself adorned in a simple leather jacket- knowing far well this familiar face.

"Everything going well?" The earth pony asked leaning against the seat. 

The middle aged unicorn looked over the top of his seat at a quick glance at the ponies. 

"Seeing anypony?" Grimm whispered a bit.

It was the cart Marshall. Always preferring to be incognito admist the other passengers. An inside head in case things got rough in the passenger side. And if needed has all authority to detain and arrest anypony on board he suspects of crimes. He could even discard passengers off the train if need be. 

"They look like an okay bunch." The light gray pony said. Though in reality he was nodding at the certain mare- who had a brief speaking with that Zebra fellow. Her attitude, tone- there was an obvious indication of an outlandish vibe from this pony. He'd have to keep his eye on that one. 

"Black coffee please." He said. With a nod Grimm past the aisle returning up to the kitchen on the upper floor. 

• Brohoof 1

@@genessee

Ophelia wearily took the sandwich, looking it over.  Lance had started it on it, at least, but the vast majority of it was still edible.  The crystal mare peeked between the white bread slices and found a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.  She had heard of them, but never actually had one.  There was a time when she and many others she knew back in the Empire would have balked at the idea of eating something as disgusting as this, but she hadn't had anything since yesterday morning.  Beggars couldn't be choosers.

"Thank you very much, Lance," she said, offering him a small smile.  She turned back towards her front taking small bites out of the other side of the sandwich.  Surprisingly, it wasn't half bad, though she would have preferred something a bit less greasy.

@@Stripes

Another pony displaying curiosity towards her?  She was used to this, though her own curiosity was piqued by how who it was that was showing interest in her.  A large, striped pony, though he didn't look like a pony?  The others displayed an exotic curiosity towards him, as well, implying that he was from outside.

Ophelia swallowed her mouthful and turned to look up at the striped one.  From this angle, the light illuminated her face further, twin blue topazes dangling from the silver circlet upon her head.  The gems shone with the same intensity as her inquiring eyes, searching for an answer to the exotic mystery before her.

• Brohoof 2

@@Hazard Time

Lance nodded once towards Ophelia, and then turned back to look around at the other passengers.

@@Stripes

He noted that no new passengers had come in-- oh wait, what was this? A zebra? He had heard about them in books and through snippets of conversation through passerby (before the Ever-End, of course) but had never actually seen one before. Lance stared for a few seconds before snapping out of the trace, and silently scolded himself for staring. Hopefully he didn't notice. Lance tried his best to go on with waiting for the train to start moving, but constantly found himself looking at the zebra. He also noticed that Ophelia seemed just as interested in him as Lance was. Eventually, he pulled out his pocket knife and began attempting to do tricks with it to keep his attention off of the new passenger. I should've brought a butterfly knife; I hear you can do awesome tricks with those. Unfortunately, Lance's old knife wasn't the best for tricks, and he ended up cutting his hoof enough to the point of bleeding. When Lance noticed this, he quickly put the blade back in his hoodie and covered up his bleeding hoof. 

• Brohoof 2

Passenger Cart - Kitchen

With the two coworkers sharing the kitchen space they mingle about with their little duties.

Handy readying up a small wheeled tray with the blazing whirring of the drink mixer in the air as he turned to face the older earth pony.

"Got yourself a hoofful?" he asked.

"Looks about. Nothing I can't handle. " Grimm responded placing the tray he readied with his assorted items onto a dumb weight connected into the small slot in a wall. Upon it made for all to consume below, two 12 cup mugs filled with fresh black coffee, several assortment of foam cups, an arrangment of creamers and mixes and of course- stir sticks.

With the sortment sent downward Grimm departed without another word.

@@Mentis Soliloquy, @@Techno Universal

With a vigirous stir of the hot chocolate he readied the three hot beverages holding to them firmly in his magic and carefully with grace approached to the wealthier tenants.

"For you Madam!" he said placing them onto her cup holder.

"Fancy sir!" He greeted and with the same for his.

Approaching to the Royalty cabin opening it carefully he looked about to the strange pony.

He seemed rather off into space it seemed his eyes darting and musing over something. But with little disturbance he levitated the drink to his night stand.

"Your drink is ready sir." He spoke softly before exiting.

-----

CoachMaster Office

With a sudden ring of his pager at his office desk, Hoofington answered with swift reaction.

"Coach Master." He stated.

"All givings are good. And I just got the blocker code. We're ready to depart if you wanna go ahead and give the passengers the intro. I'll send it along to Patrinko." Zuck replied giving a hearty undertone to his words.

"Understood. I'll let em know." Hoofington replied before hanging up.

• Brohoof 1

@@genessee

"Oooh, would you look at that!" Lory suddenly arrived at Lance's seat after dashing down through the cart's corridor. She had been resting back at her seat, while still keeping an eye and an ear out for the other passenger's conversations. Because of that, she was able to get a glimpse of the scene when the hooded earth pony brought out some sort of weapon, and began fiddling with it. She approached Lance up-close, getting her snout just a couple of centimeters away from his, and began whispering, disregarding the other ponies nearby.

"Hey, kiddo... Uhh, Lance, was it? That's kind of a dangerous toy you've got there, isn't it?... Do you even know how to use it?" She looked down at his hidden hooves, then back at him, with a taunting expression on her feature. "...Do you?"

Edited by Driz
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

Passenger Cart

With the dumb weight down at the first floor Grimm arrived just in time to retrieve it.

@@Driz

Just as he looked into the aisle noting at the mare's sudden movement to take seat near another tenant, he called out.

"Ma'am! Please do try not to run in the aisle." He simply said.

Returning inside to the economy seats he approached to a section unoccupied by the tenants around him. With a latch to the side of two seats each in a same row facing forward they swiveled around facing toward the center of the aisle. Resting the tray onto balacing between the forward chairs left arm and the back chair's right arm- it acted as a make shift table.

EVERYPONY in ECONOMY

"Attention passengers. A fresh batch of coffee is ready please get up one at a time please if you wish to have a cup. " He said before exiting.

Edited by FancyHorse
  • Brohoof 2

@@Driz

Lance's face turned a light red when Lory commented on his pocketknife. "Yes, I do!..." Lance paused and looked down at his cut up hoof. "Uh... yeah, no, I don't. I hope you don't plan on attacking me anytime soon, because I'll be more or less defenseless." 

@@FancyHorse

When an employee announced that coffee was prepared, Lance went for it. He didn't even drink coffee, but he just wanted to have a little bit of space away from Lory. 

• Brohoof 2

@@FancyHorse, @@genessee 

Lory was taken aback by Lance's response. She didn't expect him to acquire the idea that she would be willing to assault him simply because he didn't have means to defend himself - then again, she never knew exactly what reaction to expect from her playful taunts. Maybe the mare just had that somewhat menacing atmosphere surrounding her at all times, which she was fine with. But indeed, by his exterior appearances, the earth colt didn't look like much of a fighter. Lory took a few steps back, giggling awkwardly.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, calm down there, kid! I mean... uh... Thanks for the heads-up, I guess, but I wouldn't just--" Before she could finish her sentence, Lance ran away towards the coffee stall that had just been set up near the economy class. She stared at him for a bit, baffled, before returning to her seat. She waved a 'my bad' motion towards the train operator who had called her attention on running through the aisle, and laughed to herself a bit more.

• Brohoof 2

@@Driz

Lance wasn't afraid of Lory, but he didn't like looking weak. He didn't enjoy looking tough, per se, but he didn't want to seem like dead weight. Which, Lance figured he now looked like that in the eyes of Lory. Wow, that is probably the fastest way I've made somepony know I'm weak. What was that? Like, 5 minutes? It's like a skill-  no, a curse. Luckily, Lance was the first to get to the coffee stand. Unfortunately, he grabbed a coffee with his injured hoof, tinting the cup a light pink. He didn't notice, however, and silently walked off with the cup.

Lance walked back to his seat in the musty corner, glad that he wouldn't have to awkwardly ignore Lory. Man, I am such a jerk. Whenever Lance felt like this, he usually just cut himself off from society for a little while until he forgave himself. This wasn't going to happen, as when the Economy Class seats were made, it was obvious 'privacy' was not in mind. Lance could almost feel a raincloud form above his head.

• Brohoof 2