Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Which Villain do you think is the most Evil?

Sovereign Leader Rarity

Which is the most evil MLP villain?  

47 users have voted

1. 1. Which is the most evil of all?

• Nightmare Moon
    • Discord
    • Queen Chrysalis
    • King Sombra
    • Tirek
    • Starlight Glimmer

In my opinion, the most evil one are Sombra and, if we take the comics into account, the dark forces that possessed Luna and Rarity making them Nightmare Moon and Nightmare Rarity.

Sombra was created by that dark and shady umbrum thing, and destruction was his only purpose. And the forces from the Nightmare Dreamscape seem to be pure evil too.

Other villains have/had different motivation, like feeding (Chrysalis and the sirens), power (Tirek), fun (Discord) or mental issues (Starlight).

Tirek, by far. Not only are his intentions incredibly evil, his overall powers and what he can do with them is beyond compare in FiM. He literally devours magic, the lifeblood of Equestria and uses it to make himself more powerful. He can essentially kill off all of Equestria just by simply taking the magic, but he also has the power to simply wipe everything out by that point and we seen that in one of the alternate timelines. I don't think one can be much more evil than that.

• Brohoof 4

Toss up between Sombra and Tirek. 

Tirek's problem is that he apparently isn't willing to kill. He really should have killed Twilight and the rest of the mane six after she gave up her magic, but he didn't. Not really sure why, though. It's not like he had anything to lose, and on top of that, Twilight had just handed his ass to him, so he had to be feeling pretty sour towards her. 

Meanwhile, I definitely don't think Sombra would have any problem with killing. 

• Brohoof 1

Tirek would be the most evil villain bar none. He desired power above all else and did whatever was necessary to acquire that power so he could rule over Equestria without anyone being able to oppose him. Sure, he didn't kill anyone--the age demographic of the show prevented him from doing so--but if he weren't restrained by certain forces, no pony would be able to survive against his fury.

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

I went with Tirek due to him destroying far more lives than Sombra, his scheme is more nefarious in how weak and lifeless it leaves each pony that he steals the magic from and how manipulatively he uses Discord, who is(or rather was)a sadistic character in his own right.

As for not killing Twilight and the main 6 when he had the chance, I would'nt say that it's a matter of being merciful, but rather a matter of his own self-confidence. As far as he knew, Twilight and her friends(or anypony in Equestria)no longer had ANY magic to speak of. He couldn't know about the box or what it contained.

Edited by Rarity the Supreme
  • Brohoof 1

No. The only one is Tirek. Everyone else had their own reasons, and I agree with them. Nightmare Moon wanted to block out the sun for all the times it shunned her, Justified. Starlight Glimmer wanted to have Sunburst as a friend but his cutie mark took him away, so she started a village without Cutie marks, Justified. Discord just wanted to have fun, Justified. King Sombra was treated like nothing as a foal, he wanted to make the Crystal ponies pay, so he did and thats justified.  Chrysalis wanted to feed her hive, and guess what? Everyone in her hive betrays her! How cruel is that? She just wanted them to have full stomachs! 

Now the others like Trixie and Flim and Flam aren't villains in my view, they are just being themselves, and for god sakes you can't take that away for 'Peace' and 'Friendship'. 

If you have true peace and friendship.... it gets boring after a while, somebody has to not be a part of that and do something against it, which may or may not be justified.

Edited by NightMare Star.
  • Brohoof 1

Hands down Tirek.  I was going to say King sombra as well, but (even though it not canon) the comic have him reformed. So who's know when he make his return (if he can) he will be reform. and Queen Chrysalis is like now a 50% chance she will be reform. Tierk?  now that is one bad ass who doesnt give a damn but bring hell to equestria. 

• Brohoof 2

Chrysalis wanted to feed her hive, and guess what? Everyone in her hive betrays her! How cruel is that? She just wanted them to have full stomachs!

Not quite.

She didn't care that the traditional feeding-method was only a short-term fix; she just wanted to retain her Stockholm-syndrome-like hold over them.

Not to mention her chronic sadism throughout both the show and the comics.

Not quite.

She didn't care that the traditional feeding-method was only a short-term fix; she just wanted to retain her Stockholm-syndrome-like hold over them.

Not to mention her chronic sadism throughout both the show and the comics.

Well, you have a point there. But I think Lies, Deception and Sadism is all Chrysalis has ever known, so you can't really blame her...

Well, you have a point there. But I think Lies, Deception and Sadism is all Chrysalis has ever known, so you can't really blame her...

According to FIENDship, she was literally born that way -- and not Lady Gaga's fun kind, either.

So yeah, I guess.

• Brohoof 1

I would have to say that it's Tirek... he actually caused a lot of damage and it made a huge difference when compared to other villains like Discord, King Sombra or Queen Chrysalis since they only planned their attacks and never achieved them completely...at least he did something more than that 

• Brohoof 1

It's a tough decision between Tirek and Sombra! But even though Sombra just wanted to enslave the Crystal Empire, Tirek wanted all of Equestria! And in his parallel timeline, he seemed to destroy EVERYTHING! No he's the most evil of all the villains!

I don't really consider Discord or Nightmare Moon to be necessarily "evil". Discord is just chaotic, and confusion, but he wouldn't hurt a fly! Well, at least not lethally. Nightmare Moon, she just wants eternal night, but she really wouldn't hurt anypony! She didn't even enslave Equestria, nor does she want to; she just wants Celestia's job and have no more daylight, so the worst she can do is kill crops for the lack of sunlight and then ponies would starve.