Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Favorite IDW comic?

Miss

It could be from the Friendship is Magic series, Friends Forever, Micros, or whatever.

My favorite is Friends Forever #29

Just amazing. Maud and Rarity is just a perfect match up. Glad it happened in the show too.

This comic was hilarious and emotional as well. Maud's antics (or better non-antics) are just hilarious. The comic really shows Rarity as the best she can be. Pushing Maud to do things and being there for her friend! Like wow it's awesome!

Also just the ending when Maud shows Rarity her journal and Rarity finally understands how Maud is in terms of her emotions. And we get a real look at Maud's expression even though it can be inferred before. Just awesome. I loved the whole presentation of the diary and just wow, the visuals. The characters were very dynamic together it's awesome!

So how about you all? What's your favorite mlp idw comic?

Sketchy the changeling just did a ranking of 2016 comics, and so I followed suit.

For what it's worth, FF: Maud/Rarity was his #1 of the year.

My favorite of 2016 was Main series #40, which was the baby spike/school-age twilight issue.  the struggle it shows is similar to that of a teenage mother trying to get through school.  a very powerful and redemptive story.  

Beyond 2016, i'm not sure.

Contenders include: Microseries Rarity, Microseries Luna, FF: Spike/Celestia...

Edited by weesh
  • Brohoof 1

Well I like most of the stories in the different series, so picking an absolute favorite is kind of tough.... but some that stand out to me include

The Big Mac two parter in #9 & 10 - because the whole arc was just continually fun seeing how such a simple trip could turn into such a trial.

The Reflections storyline - because alternate world stories can be very interesting.

the Manehatten Mysteries storyline - Trixie story, yes please.

Night of the Living Apples two parter - so awful and bad that it was just glorious in the fun of it

Discord and the CMC in #2 of FF - I have always loved the idea of a Discord & CMC pairing

Celestia & Spike in #3 - Just a interesting story into the way Celestia thinks at times.

Luna & Spike #14 - I liked Dragon town, even if some parts of it annoyed me as well

Luna & Discord #20 - I though it was a fun look into the mind of Discord

Spike & Zecora #21 - I really liked how they worked together. Just a really good solid issue for me.

The Big Mac two parter in #9 & 10 - because the whole arc was just continually fun seeing how such a simple trip could turn into such a trial.

wow! Totally forgot about that arc. Zen and the Art of Gazebo repair was my favorite mlp comic arch/favorite comic in general and then I read #29 so yea XD it's not anymore but definitely still my 2nd

I ended up buying the PDF versions on a Humble Bundle book bundle sale, but I have not sat down and read all of them.

Though I did buy 3 or 4 hard copies even before that because I liked the cover art. XD I ended up with #11 and #12 which happened to be the one about how Shining and Cadance met, and I have to say it was quite cute and I really enjoyed it. Of the few that I have read, I would say those two issues are my favorite. 

The Big Mac two parter in #9 & 10

Discord and the CMC in #2 of FF - I have always loved the idea of a Discord & CMC pairing

These are some of my favorites as well...

But they aren't my very favorites so i didn't include them in my post.