Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general What's your biggest flaw?

PonyMage

Honestly, it's hard to pick from these IMO...

• Really bad social anxiety, so bad in fact it has actually affected my life.
  • Issues with procrastination that have cost me time and multitudes of zeroes when I went to school.
  • My lack of ability in doing most things.

Oh boy. Well, this is going to be fun.

1. I'm lazy. That's a big one.
  2. It's easy for me to bore people when I start talking about things that interest me.
  3. I'm awkward, shy, and I don't like to talk to people in real life until I get to know them a little.
  4. I have a one-track mind and I get distracted easily. If my life depends on my multitasking ability, I'd die.
  5. Similarly, I can be very obsessive about anything I like or anything that's bothering me.
  6. I don't cope well with stress. I worry way too much, like Twilight in lesson zero.
  7. I get bored easily if what I'm doing isn't mentally engaging.
  8. I don't have an abundance of confidence; I question and criticize myself daily.

I have absolutely NO tolerance for stupidity. None. You could almost say I'm bigoted towards stupid people. What word is there for that? Would this brand of prejudice and ill will I'm harboring make me a.... "stupidist"? An "idiotist"?

It feels weird to call it a flaw because being stupid is universally looked down on. But in my profession, that's a problem. I'm too quick to snap at people for doing the most ridiculous things. I really have to struggle keeping my cool. It's harder than it sounds because I deal with idiots so often, and it makes me question just how far our species has evolved. I mean, I've seen chimps that were more intelligent.

Obviously, I have no flaws, I'm simply perfect.

Okay just joking, it's hard to pick one, my biggest ones are that I engage in extremly risky things and I seem to have an addictive personality and poor discipline, like really really bad, pretty much non existent.

My bizarre need for achievement. On the surface, this isn't a bad thing in the slightest... but it can breed toxic habits. It might make me a passionate individual who will achieve his endeavors by the most efficient means... but it also makes me envious, lethargic, competitive when it's not necessary, and prone to burnouts. I'm not quite sure where this personality trait was born, but while it may be an advantage in certain, isolated incidents... it tends to work against me in a number of incidents as well.

• Brohoof 2

Getting frustrated too easily and giving up if something doesn't go well at first... :derp: I think I might have learned a lot more things if I had just kept trying. Though with some things, I can be exactly the opposite. :muffins:

• Brohoof 2

I think im too...like....law abiding? Like I get so mad when someone breaks a law or etiquette that i practically almost start fights with the offenders. Oh? You didnt put a rubber separator behind your groceries? GUESS YOURE PAYING FOR MINE AS WELL!

I have a few major ones I can name off the top of my head; my hard time with comprehending and expressing ideas, my lowly view of my self, and my lack of standards. There are many smaller ones, but I think I have to say that my biggest flaw is how possessive I can be with people. I value and love (platonically :P) my friends a lot, but probably a bit too much that it actually becomes a negative thing. It's frustrating because whenever I start getting attached to someone, I feel an overly strong need to always interact with them, or that their friendship is exclusive to me. I even feel jealous when I see them talking to others or if they start hanging out with others more. I don't hide the fact that it's a terrible mindset to have, and that it's completely unfair to them, but I often find myself feeling those feelings. :( And while I've gotten better to not have those thoughts as strongly, they're certainly still there. I constantly feel the need for a verbal reassurance of the friendship from them. It's almost as if I don't trust them, and I just absolutely hate that. 

For example, sometimes I would call up my friend and ask him if he would like to go to dinner or watch a show with me, but every once a while he would already have had something planned with some other friends of his and decline my invitation, like a sleepover or something, which then I would be filled with envy. But even though I know that he has a life outside being my friend and that just because he's my friend it doesn't mean he can't have any more, I still feel as if his other friends are stealing him from me. That's not friends do, and I have to start learning to accept and adapt to that. There's no reason for me to feel down just because they have friends other than me... And if any of my friends read this, I just want to apologize for my views, I completely get the reason if this behaviour of mine upsets you. I'm working on changing myself for the better, but if this changes your opinion of me negatively, I understand and it's a reasonable consequence for my actions.  :sunny: 

TL;DR    I get too possessive of my friends and want them all for myself, and I'm terribly sorry about that.

• Brohoof 3

My biggest one? I'm terrible at keeping friendships and I'm also really bad when it comes to procrastination.

• Brohoof 3

6 hours ago, Wannabrony said:

I have a few major ones I can name off the top of my head; my hard time with comprehending and expressing ideas, my lowly view of my self, and my lack of standards. There are many smaller ones, but I think I have to say that my biggest flaw is how possessive I can be with people. I value and love (platonically :P) my friends a lot, but probably a bit too much that it actually becomes a negative thing. It's frustrating because whenever I start getting attached to someone, I feel an overly strong need to always interact with them, or that their friendship is exclusive to me. I even feel jealous when I see them talking to others or if they start hanging out with others more. I don't hide the fact that it's a terrible mindset to have, and that it's completely unfair to them, but I often find myself feeling those feelings. :( And while I've gotten better to not have those thoughts as strongly, they're certainly still there. I constantly feel the need for a verbal reassurance of the friendship from them. It's almost as if I don't trust them, and I just absolutely hate that. 

For example, sometimes I would call up my friend and ask him if he would like to go to dinner or watch a show with me, but every once a while he would already have had something planned with some other friends of his and decline my invitation, like a sleepover or something, which then I would be filled with envy. But even though I know that he has a life outside being my friend and that just because he's my friend it doesn't mean he can't have any more, I still feel as if his other friends are stealing him from me. That's not friends do, and I have to start learning to accept and adapt to that. There's no reason for me to feel down just because they have friends other than me... And if any of my friends read this, I just want to apologize for my views, I completely get the reason if this behaviour of mine upsets you. I'm working on changing myself for the better, but if this changes your opinion of me negatively, I understand and it's a reasonable consequence for my actions.  :sunny: 

TL;DR    I get too possessive of my friends and want them all for myself, and I'm terribly sorry about that.

This kind of thing oddly resembles a further relationship than just being friends. :ooh:

Good luck on trying to fix it! :twi: I hope you'll make it.

Edited by Kevin Tang

I have trouble thinking before I act, which leads me into bad situations. This accompanied by my temper, has caused trouble among myself and other individuals. 

• Brohoof 1

I'm an over-thinker. I tend to really, really overthink even the smallest things, trying to come to the most likely conclusion which could send me into a thought spiral where I'm suddenly 10 years in the future and have made nothing of myself because of this one thing :laugh::lie:

• Brohoof 2