Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Make Spike more independent

FlareGun45

I know he's known as being Twilight's assissant, but we gotta remember he is his own dragon person. He is a child right now, but it would be nice to see him slowly grow out of his assistant role. Not completely though, Twilight needs him, but he's got his own life, and it would be nice seeing more of him without Twilight.

I sometimes notice the Mane Six volunteering him for stuff without asking if he's interested. Like in AJ's Day Off, Twilight volunteered herself and him to do AJ's chores. I was like, "Twilight, he could've had plans." He also could say no from time to time, like in The Ticket Master episode. He might have other plans like reading comics, writing to Thorax, playing O&O with Big Mac and Discord, playing Battleship with Starlight, or hunting for gems for dinner. Spike might even be Equestria ambasador soon, so seeing him a little more independent would be nice to see!

Season 6 was a great start to it though! So I see this going in the right direction so far!

• Brohoof 1

I agree he should be more independent, but I feel he should reside with the dragons for a time being and learn how to be a dragon Twilight does not really care about him and its been shown in numerous episodes he is always used and expected to do whatever Twilight expects of him and he wants to go somewhere half the time he is told no just like with Moondancers party he wanted to go, but Twilight said there was no time for that forcing him to work again and his obsession with Rarity will never be a thing so he is stuck in a world where he is used and will never get the love he wants he is a baby he should not be focused on love anyways, but I feel Ember and the dragons would be more beneficial to him then Twilight and the other ponies.

He'll get tired of Rarity someday! ;) It's just a childhood crush and he'll get over it! They always do! It's either they be a thing or just stop with it. I don't wanna see it left how it is. The crush was cute at first, but now.... ehh, not so much.

To be honest I get creeped out when people pair Rarity and Spike together as actual lovers since Spike is 8 years old he is a child and Rarity is an adult mare , but I agree the crush will eventually subside.

Edited by chaosprincess
  • Brohoof 1

Didn't we kinda get that in season 6 though? He did plenty on his own! The dragons thingy with Ember, helping Starlight out, befriending a changeling that ultimately changed the entire changeling race, I think that is quite good for him. Sure they can make him branch out a bit more but him being Twilight's assistant is part of who he is really.

• Brohoof 1

Yeah that's true. A little bit at a time he's expanding his horizons, but there is always room for improvements! Not all at once though. All characters have room for improvements, but by last season's standards, Rainbow Dash seems to need the most help.

To be honest I get creeped out when people pair Rarity and Spike together as actual lovers since Spike is 8 years old he is a child and Rarity is an adult mare , but I agree the crush will eventually subside.

Actually... he's been unchanged in the past 7 years since the premier of FiM, he's only a new born in flash backs, during which everyone else is younger too.

I just think he ages slower than the other characters do - he's a dragon after all, and I think his destiny is to become very, very large, and live a very long time. Twilight might be the only friend he has he doesn't watch grow old and die.

Edited by Regent

Actually... he's been unchanged in the past 7 years since the premier of FiM, he's only a new born in flash backs, during which everyone else is younger too.

I just think he ages slower than the other characters do - he's a dragon after all, and I think his destiny is to become very, very large, and live a very long time. Twilight might be the only friend he has he doesn't watch grow old and die.

When it comes to Spike's age Lauren Faust had answered a question on his age which this was it Q: Spike's age: teen, preteen, elementary age?

A: I think of him as about 8 in maturity. here is the link to the question and answers if your interested http://www.equestriadaily.com/2013/05/lauren-fausts-twitter-questions-and.htmlyou do have to scroll down for it or you can look through all the questions and answers and he'll have a lot of friends that will age with him throughout the years seems ponies live a long life after all it is a magical world and a lot of his friends are alicorns, dragons etc.

well, yes, when he's lived long enough to learn not behave like a jealous kid.
*looks at Spike, then Owlicious".
and being able to make good decisions (Princess Spike was a prime example of him being too young to be too independent).
Sure he has evolved, but only a little.
And speaking of aging, dragons age differently in the MLP universe, the greedier they get the "older" the become.

Like every little bird who leaves their nest, Spike would eventually have to grow up and establish in what he wants in life, not just for his pony friends but to him as well. Twilight would have to accept that fate, in that she's can't always be their for him and vice-versa. He has potential as already seen by what he can do to all of Equestria and he must set forth to whether or not to pursue that. As to his friendships with the Mane 6, it intertwines with him and solely creating a sort of "stepping stone" to prepare him for a much larger path with or without the Mane 6. I would like to see Spike, as the Dragon who sets forth a change in how Dragons are and suppose to represent in Equestria. If all Dragons were to be of the likeness of Spike than I say that he'd ultimately show that the dragons could still become something more than fire breathing menaces. His importance and role with the Mane 6 can essentially be a positive influence for his kind and that is where he begins to carry on his experience for independence.