Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

g3/core 7 Pinkie Pie's magical changing cutie mark

chaosprincess

Not sure if anybody will be interesting in seeing this, but figured why not show an error in generation 3 so  while I was watching We're the Ladybugs I noticed that near the end Pinkie Pie's cutie mark changed I did snap some photos which I did crop so only the pictures are seen the first picture is showing Pinkie Pie with her normal cutie mark, the second picture is Pinkie Pie with a different cutie mark and the last one is a close up I'm sure anybody who has seen the song has seen the magical changing cutie mark its like she was breaking the fourth wall in generation 3 as well lol.

post-38560-0-88756200-1484504551_thumb.png

post-38560-0-40629200-1484504559_thumb.png

post-38560-0-33636900-1484504565_thumb.png

Gen 3 was so ugly. >_< Not as ugly as 3.5 but still. Honestly, out of all the things to make an error of, I really find it odd they screwed THAT up. The cutie mark of a main character that should have a very defined mark in the first place, yet they goofed. Says a lot really.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Gen 3 was so ugly. >_< Not as ugly as 3.5 but still. Honestly, out of all the things to make an error of, I really find it odd they screwed THAT up. The cutie mark of a main character that should have a very defined mark in the first place, yet they goofed. Says a lot really.

I feel each generation of mlp brings a new refreshing style, but they also goofed up cutie marks in generation 4 as well Fluttershy ended up with Twilight's cutie mark when she hit the wall after the train stopped short so errors are bound to happen.

post-38560-0-75410900-1484515794_thumb.jpg

Edited by chaosprincess
  • Brohoof 2

As ugly as you think this style is it is just still a different style of drawing/animating. It is not ugly just different doesnt show the quality of gen 3 as a whole.

• Brohoof 1

As ugly as you think this style is it is just still a different style of drawing/animating. It is not ugly just different doesnt show the quality of gen 3 as a whole.

I must say I agree with you no style is ugly unless if meant to be, but with mlp the design has changed for each gen which I like that due to I would not want every mlp generation to have the same design it would get boring seeing the same designs repeat themselves for each generation.

• Brohoof 2

I must say I agree with you no style is ugly unless if meant to be, but with mlp the design has changed for each gen which I like that due to I would not want every mlp generation to have the same design it would get boring seeing the same designs repeat themselves for each generation.

I prefer the older style of animation also I liked not having to worry about what I was going to find when I looked up a pony. Sherri Stoner and Butch Hartman ya know the creator of fairly odd parents and the woman who wrote and sometimes directed tiny toons and was the body model for Ariel. I feel like it had more work put into it.

The art style is just so different to FiM, that's all. It doesn't bother me overmuch, cuz I grew up with G1, but I guess that would be the reason why the shock at Pinkie's creepyface here:

The art style is just so different to FiM, that's all. It doesn't bother me overmuch, cuz I grew up with G1, but I guess that would be the reason why the shock at Pinkie's creepyface here:

I agree I also grew up with generation 1 and saw how each generation changed style wise and that part was funny Hasbro has snuck a lot of past generation ponies and art style into generation 4 and before generation 4 was made the team had to watch rescue at midnight castle so Hasbro still treasures the older generations and a lot of ponies within the show is from the older generations a good example is Sunburst he was a mountain boy pony released only in the UK he was just a figure and some other ponies were based off of foreign variants also nightglider was a twice as fancy pony which was released in the US as a figure she was never in a movie or show and the list goes on,but I enjoy trying to spot older generation easter eggs within gen 4, but everybody is going to have their preferences on what gens they like.  

@@chaosprincess, I was happy beyond belief when I heard that Tirek was going to star in FiM. He was a total badass villain in G1. There's loads of other villains from G1 who could be resurrected; I live in hope. I want to see Grogar next.

http://villains.wikia.com/wiki/Grogar

I was excited to see Tirek in fim as well surprised, but quite happy and I am thankful they did not reform him and is still a badass who hopefully will appear again in season 7 or the movie the smooze was another surprise for me he has changed quite a lot since generation 1, but I could not help, but laugh when Discord brought the smooze lol and I agree with you they should place Grogar in their as a villain  they have a lot of amazing villains who should make their debut in fim maybe they'll bring Catrina into the show it was strange that she was in a fashion show in the end, but she may make a good villain in fim.

• Brohoof 1

Eyebrow twitch, biting lip. NO. Not this. Too much pain in this cringe. Brain is telling me its social suicide, with its negative reinforcement. AHHHHH~

lol. *raiders of the lost ark face melt*

Edited by Lil Pip

Eyebrow twitch, biting lip. NO. Not this. Too much pain in this cringe. Brain is telling me its social suicide, with its negative reinforcement. AHHHHH~

lol. *raiders of the lost ark face melt*

Just think a good chunk of generation 4 ponies are based off of these ponies in generation 3 and the older generations.