Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

critique wanted Hamilton - MLP Animatic concept art

darkwingmare

HEEEEY-- So I'm currently getting started on my animatics for Hamilton and here are my character reference sheets. They are rough but this is how the frames are going to be drawn in the videos as well.

Keep an eye out for it being released on YouTube as soon as I can manage. Previews and shorts will be coming and all that.

What do you think of my cast, fellow Hamilton fans??

Alexander Hamilton: Twilight Sparkle

Angelica Schuyler: Maud Pie

Eliza Schuyler: Pinkie Pie

Aaron Burr: Applejack

Maria Reynolds: Rarity

I know these characters aren't all of them, but these are the ones I'm mainly going to be doing the animatics about. Your opinions?

post-32288-0-55229000-1484519726_thumb.png

post-32288-0-37968300-1484518916_thumb.png

post-32288-0-24472700-1484518923_thumb.png

post-32288-0-21538700-1484518944_thumb.png

post-32288-0-90461500-1484518947_thumb.png

Edited by darkwingmare
  • Brohoof 4

(edited)

Only critique I can spot is Eliza's eyes seem to be a little outside of their sockets in just one sketch.

I can assume that you mean the one right under her written name on the picture?   ^_^  I can do nothing but agree, I think it looks off too. Thank you for the note!

Edited by darkwingmare
  • Brohoof 1

needs more colour

yeah more colour

Haha  ^_^  I'm afraid I won't be having the time and amount of energy to pull that off since I'm doing a lot and a lot of frames for my animatics. Colors would be an issue for me! That's some good advice though, I'll make sure to think about it.  ;)

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@@darkwingmare

Doesnt look like concept art, doesn't tell me much apart from the ponies in it. Don't know the setting, story-line etc.

It's just concept art for the ponies character sheets, not anything else, so this is indeed my concept art for the characters.

The story-line is explained in the songs, so those are coming in due time as animatics. If you're curious about the story-line for it, check the wikipedia out for Hamilton.Right here >> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamilton_(musical) 

It's a good story to miss.

Or listen through the songs for the musical. It will be way more impressive than if I were to simply explain it for you.

@@darkwingmare,

i love it so far keep it up i love the fact how for burn you can but pinkie in her  pinkamena stage other than that i think the casting and drawings are great  :lol:

Thank you!  :pinkie: I'm so happy to have a fellow Hamilton fan to talk to. So great!

Yes, that's exactly my thought. XD She'd turn into her Pinkamena stage when I do the "Burn" animatic. Funny how you got what I meant with that sketch. 

Thank yooou! I agree, if I need Peggy in there, it's going to be Marble.  :fluttershy:

Edited by darkwingmare

@@darkwingmare, Ohhh! i like the idea hmm let me suggest more characters.

Thomas Jefferson/Lafayette = Zephyr breeze (cuz man bun)
James Madison/ Herculese Mulligan= Rainbow Dash ( because Zephyr is Jefferson )
George Washington = Celestia
King George = Luna
Charles Lee = Shining Armor
George Eaker = Grown up Baby cakes ? (I am really too sure about these two)
Philipp Hamilton = The other baby cake ?
I feel like Fluttershy can be a good Eliza and pinkie pie make a good Peggy
AJ is ok for Aaron Burr but i think it is better to be either (Starlight Glimmer/sunset shimmer or Moon Dancer) Because of rivalry
And AJ/Saphire shores is Angelica, AJ because ( ANGELICA WORK) Saphire shores because of them sas XD

I am looking forward when this get finished :D

Edited by Naiya The Brony
  • Brohoof 1

It's just concept art for the ponies character sheets, not anything else, so this is indeed my concept art for the characters.

The story-line is explained in the songs, so those are coming in due time as animatics. If you're curious about the story-line for it, check the wikipedia out for Hamilton.Right here >> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamilton_(musical) 

It's a good story to miss.

Or listen through the songs for the musical. It will be way more impressive than if I were to simply explain it for you.

Thank you!  :pinkie: I'm so happy to have a fellow Hamilton fan to talk to. So great!

Yes, that's exactly my thought. XD She'd turn into her Pinkamena stage when I do the "Burn" animatic. Funny how you got what I meant with that sketch. 

Thank yooou! I agree, if I need Peggy in there, it's going to be Marble.  :fluttershy:

well i am glad to have another fan to talk to too 

the pinkamena thing i didn't realize until i looked at it again and thought about it myself

i mean what's the shuylur sisters without a peggy

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@@darkwingmare, Ohhh! i like the idea hmm let me suggest more characters.

Thomas Jefferson/Lafayette = Zephyr breeze (cuz man bun)

James Madison/ Herculese Mulligan= Rainbow Dash ( because Zephyr is Jefferson )

George Washington = Celestia

King George = Luna

Charles Lee = Shining Armor

George Eaker = Grown up Baby cakes ? (I am really too sure about these two)

Philipp Hamilton = The other baby cake ?

I feel like Fluttershy can be a good Eliza and pinkie pie make a good Peggy

AJ is ok for Aaron Burr but i think it is better to be either (Starlight Glimmer/sunset shimmer or Moon Dancer) Because of rivalry

And AJ/Saphire shores is Angelica, AJ because ( ANGELICA WORK) Saphire shores because of them sas XD

I am looking forward when this get finished :D

Thank you! I'm glad you like the concept of this.  :squee:

I agree with most of your suggestions to the other characters, but I'm definitely keeping my main cast for now.  :grin:  I've kind of fallen in love with the idea for the Pie sisters as the Schuyler sisters, since I want actual sisters from the show. And my other alternative is the Princesses, which I don't really think suit these roles.

I put AJ as Aaron Burr because of his good side, fatherly figure and sort of.. Straight-forwardness/honesty? :toldya:  Burr is one of my favorite characters, by far. But I could actually see Starlight or Moon Dancer as Burr too, indeed. I'm keeping AJ though.  :wub:

Thank you so much for your suggestions and thoughts on the cast, it's very much appreciated and taken into consideration!

Edited by darkwingmare
  • Brohoof 1

• 3 months later...

Here's the animatic!! UNFINISHED but this is as far as I will take it. I'm starting on new songs from here on out, I got real tired of this one and hopefully I'll choose a better song for the next animatic as I don't want to leave a bunch of animatics unfinished.

HOPE YOU ENJOY!

My CAST is a bit thrown around as of now:

Alexander - Twilight

Arron - Applejack

Lafayette - Rarity

Hercules - Rainbow

Laurens - Fluttershy

Jefferson - Trixie

Madison - Starlight

Eliza - Pinkie

Angelica - Maud

Peggy - Marble