Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Make-up

Member Berry

(edited)
2 minutes ago, Splashee said:

Still I think soldiers are quite pretty when they are fully dressed up, so technically they don't need makeup.

You talking about just female soldiers or both? :mlp_huh:

And, honestly, if you're talking about the Service Uniform (the fancy black suits and navy blue fitted pants)... uh... yeah NOBODY likes wearing those.

Our unit recently held a dinner party where we were required to wear them. At one point the option was given to avoid the dinner party by going to the flight line and digging ditches, and literally everyone chose ditch digging. :P

Edited by Meson Bolt

Just now, Meson Bolt said:

You talking about just female soldiers or both? :mlp_huh:

And, honestly, if you're talking about the Service Uniform (the fancy black suits and navy blue fitted pants)... uh... yeah NOBODY likes wearing those.

Our unit recently held a dinner party where we were required to wear them. At one point the option was given to avoid the dinner party by going to the flight line and digging ditches, and literally everyone chose ditch digging. :P

Can you post a picture of the outfit? I might change my mind when I see it. But for now, I stand by the fact that almost all military clothing are outstanding and cool looking (both men and women clothing),  service uniforms, or anything fancy looking! I still say it is a form of "make-up", just allowed in war times, as well as in protecting the peace.

• Brohoof 1

This lovely thing.

Spoiler

Uniforms_ASU_frontshot_male.png

(Press F to pay respects for the obviously suffering SSG Camden)

Yes, it probably looks nice. But it's hideous to wear. The shoes are too tight, the tie chokes you to death, the suit is stuffy and makes you feel like a zombie. All the stuff on the front needs to be perfectly aligned, checked, re-checked, polished and in the right order.

And don't even get me started on wearing a beret.

If I was good at makeup I would probably be a lot more motivated to work out. But I'm horrible at make-up, because I haven't practiced of course and I'm too lazy to start now.

Ohh I LOVE makeup. In daily life I usually don't wear any (warehouse job) or max a bit of concealer. But for cosplay or when prettying up I go all the way lol.

Primer, foundation, concealer, contouring, highlighting, fake lashes, eyeliner, eyeshadow, lipstick. However not a lot of it. I don't like that sticky gross "layers" look haha. Just a bit of each (and lots of skin care!)

My favorite brands are catrice, essence and nyx. 

• Brohoof 1

• 4 months later...

I’m a guy and the only makeup I wear is eyeliner, however I just finally got the gut to try some lipstick (black or dark colors) Sephora’s collection is the best so far since it cheap but it got great quantities. “Off limits “ is a great color too since although it’s light it’s close to natural color. Also I’m not sure if this counts but I also like nails polish; dark unique colors. Sinful colors is also great brand like Sephora.

you can say I’m on a bit on the wild rocker side.. but it’s rarely for me to wear them now since now I have work that don’t tolerate these things as their dress code. 

I don’t wear make up....mostly because I don’t know how to use it or what the various different ones do. :lie: And I mean...I look very pretty without it. Or at least everyone tells me. :blush:

58 minutes ago, Lucky Bells said:

I don’t wear make up....mostly because I don’t know how to use it or what the various different ones do. :lie: And I mean...I look very pretty without it. Or at least everyone tells me. :blush:

Damn straight you do!:wub:

• Brohoof 1

Honestly

I mostly just fill my eyebrows, use a nice gloss and eyeshadow. Sometimes eyeliner and mascara. I don’t fool with eyeliner too much because it always seems to smear.

I haven’t been able to fill in my eyebrows or wear foundation since I got a nostril piercing and eyebrow piercing that are still healing. 

Edited by Operetta
  • Brohoof 1

• 5 months later...

I used to wear a lot more for work than I wear at home. It’s no longer a requirement for me at work, but I still wear the same brand and general style out of habit and stubbornness. I like to use Ben Nye for most applications, but I no longer need the setting spray.

• Brohoof 1

12 minutes ago, Dreambiscuit said:

I used to wear a lot more for work than I wear at home. It’s no longer a requirement for me at work, but I still wear the same brand and general style out of habit and stubbornness. I like to use Ben Nye for most applications, but I no longer need the setting spray.

You never need make-up, Dreamy. :wub:

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...

So I'm still the same. I just do eye shadow, mascara, eyeliner and lip gloss. Sometimes I'll use concealer where my dark circles are. I've been told I should use more makeup but a lot of these makeup brands have ingredients in them that will cause you to age faster. Not only that a full face with a good quality brand is expensive. I also just feel like I look like a clown with that much on me lol. I actually had a woman do my full face at Sephora just to try it and I hated it.

• Brohoof 1