Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general What's Your Dream?

Lucky Bolt

I had a lot of dreams in my life but one that I've always kept in my mind is about me becoming a voice actor... But that's as impossible as saying that I would be able to go to Equestria since my parents dont support the idea of me just dedicating myself to that >.< 

• Brohoof 1

for me? I wish to study animal psychology. :icwudt:

I had a lot of dreams in my life but one that I've always kept in my mind is about me becoming a voice actor... But that's as impossible as saying that I would be able to go to Equestria since my parents dont support the idea of me just dedicating myself to that >.< 

no! never give up! I believe in you!

• Brohoof 2

My new dream became this as soon as I saw that the military was developing something called "Titan Frames" for soldiers: My dream is to become one of the first soldiers to use Power Armor like in the Fallout universe once they manage to turn the Titan frame into a mobile suit of Power Armor.

(edited)

My hopes and dreams?

A. If you know me well enough, you know that I want the equivalent of a large-scale makeover. I want to become as female as possible so I don't feel disgusting.  

B. To become a semi-successful video game designer (be that the one who arranges the databases, or the one who creates their own revolutionary table-top and manage it as a hobby. I'm on my way to that one right now :D).

C. (Maybe a little far off) Find a great man who supports me and loves me for who I am, and be with him for the rest of my days... *feminine sigh*

(I actually do want this to happen. I feel like I need somebody to lean back on and somebody to help me through the darkest of times.)

D. An extra obvious video game joke. You know somebody had to do this... :3

Edited by Tails the Fox
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

My dream is to become a master of the martial arts. I currently study Kung Fu but my training has been so infrequent over the years I half jokingly call myself "the eternal beginner." Every time I start to build up steam and get back into it, I have to move or some other major life event puts my training on hold for another agonizingly lethargic period.

It is my dream because I have found both spirituality and self-mastery through Kung Fu. My biggest drive is to understand myself. Who am I? Why do I think the things I do? How am I different from my peers? How am I similar? When I'm really into my training, I feel better physically and mentally in my day to day and feel I understand myself better but I also find it becomes easier to pray and meditate. Through the martial arts, I could be the best me I could possibly be.

Now, to defy us here who despair at their dreams never coming true, here's how I'm going to make that a reality. For now, I'm still looking for a job but when I do get one, I shall save my money up for a special trip. I'm going to go to the USA Shaolin temple in Fleischmanns, New York. (Yes, such a place exists, don't act surprised. The main hub is in NYC, the retreat is upstate.) Where I'll spend a month there living and training non-stop. No distractions, no other obligations. Will one month make me a master? Hell no! But it will be a good first step compared to the stumbling about my training has been thus far. So I'll keep coming back when I have the money saved up and a month I can dedicate to it. I love practicing the arts and I know I can keep doing it for the rest of my life.

To . . . add a little flair. There was an idea I've been nursing that, once I do get good enough I can finally get my pilot's license, which won't take near as long as to become a master, and from there I'd like to have a cross country "road trip through the clouds." The idea would be that I would rent a Cessna, chart a course across my beloved country, and fly to several different states. The side-benefit would be to meet up with, briefly train with, and perhaps spar, with other martial artists. Now that would be an adventure. :)

I want a domestic partner, not a girlfriend.   I expect people will look down on me for this (especially very religious people),

*shrug* Doesn't sound at all objectionable to me, and believe me, I fit your qualifications. It sounds like a fine dream to me. Hell, that sounds more chaste than actually married couples.

So what's your dream? Mine is this:

I would love to live in northern Florida, or somewhere in Kentucky or Georgia, out in the country on a really big piece of land, with horses, a nice two story house, a Dodge Ram with a horse trailer, a blue Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat, and I would love to be an equine vet. If I ever get to horse riding lessons, I'll probably stick with riding horses and become a professional, maybe even compete in the Olympics. 

OR 

I would love to be a NASCAR driver. I only recently discovered how I'm addicted to fast speeds and racing go karts, and I would race 24/7 if I could. So, yeah, maybe being a NASCAR driver would also be something that suits me well. 

Will you marry me?  :mustache:

Your dream might not be mine but it's totally one I can get behind. Horses, the South, NASCAR, and all that implies. (Big flag waver, me.) Thanks for making this thread. It's nice and positive, which is exactly what I needed after a rough day and I know someone in the fandom would give me something to cheer me up. :)

Edited by Steel Accord
  • Brohoof 3

I dream of retiring in a quiet, green, hilly enclave somewhere in the American Midwest where I can shoot guns, smoke weed, have warm cocktails by a fire, and write until the day I die.

And if it isn't too much, I would love to own horses there.

(apparently, ditto to the two 'Muricans before me)

To be honest I don't have many dreams. Or even if I do (I might just as well have forgotten some), I won't chase after them as they aren't in reach and are usually utterly ridiculous too. What I would like to have in life would be a close circle of friends to spend time with - or you know, have energy to actually do things.

• 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...

I wanted to be an animator and writer. Live in my own place with a partner and have a couple cats, one specifically being a white Persian cat. I’d also have a couple tarantulas. 

To develop coding and game development skills to make something great in an artistic and storytelling sense (but of course, the game must be fun to play too). It would be awesome to be the next Scott Cawthon, but if I don’t make enough money to be a philanthropist like him, then at least I wanna be able to inspire people and get them to think.

I feel like there’s a lot of ways I could achieve my dream, but gaming ties all my artist abilities into one thing (and it’s the most realistic thing I can make a career out of). 

• Brohoof 1

My dream is to get paid to sleep, watch TV, eat, and just be lazy.

Basically, not have to work for the rest of my life.

• 2 years later...