Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Lucid's Art Thread

Well, it's been ages since I've used this forum for art stuff but here I am. This is a collection of all my safe artwork that I feel is worth showing off!

Any critique or suggestions for improvement are greatly appreciated. Don't worry, I can handle some criticism. After all, I'm trying to improve.

Places for more art:

My deviantart: http://dreamer404.deviantart.com/

My SFW tumblr: http://luciddreamthepony.tumblr.com/

Here are a few examples of my work:

campfire_stories___january_by_dreamer404

would_you_like_lucid_as_your_teacher__by

tumblr_oj4r4qTjId1ug69hto1_540.png

Older stuff:

tumblr_ofj28qCFUU1ug69hto1_r1_540.png

tumblr_ocnmltdh3f1ug69hto1_540.png

Edited by Lucid Dream
  • Brohoof 1

I really like both your old and new art styles. The only things I see as problems are that: Clothes look flat, to fix that you should draw the bends in a way they look more natural; The anthropomorphized pony's limbs look kind of inconsistent with the rest of the art style -- you draw ponies in a way that straight line get curved, and you should do that to the human parts too.

Overall, it's very good.

I hope this was helpful.
: )

Edited by Strumboldt
  • Brohoof 1

I really like both your old and new art styles. The only things I see as problems are that: Clothes look flat, to fix that you should draw the bends in a way they look more natural; The anthropomorphized pony's limbs look kind of inconsistent with the rest of the art style -- you draw ponies in a way that straight line get curved, and you should do that to the human parts too.

Overall, it's very good.

I hope this was helpful.

: )

Very helpful advice! I havent had a lot of experiance drawing clothing bends and I guess it's going to take practice.

I also didn't notice the inconsistancy of my limbs until you brought it up! Now that you say it, i definately can see what you're talking about. So thank you for that!

• Brohoof 1