Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

When did Big Mac become shy?

ggg-2

In Hearts and Hooves Day, Apple Bloom said that Big Mac was pretty shy and several subsequent episodes show him to be rather bashful too. However, in Where the Apple Lies, the flashback shows him to be anything but. So, when did this supposed shyness happen?

In where the apple lies, I'm guessing right after little applejack told him to shut up.

• Brohoof 1

I don't think he's shy. Maybe reserved would be a better word. We don't really know for sure, but somewhere between "Where the Apple Lies" and his first appearance in the show (though that's obvious).

• Brohoof 1

I don't think Big Mac is shy at all unless it comes to ponies of the opposite gender he finds attractive, or he is put into a situation he finds rather embarrassing or uncomfortable like pretty much a large majority of us.

• Brohoof 1

I don't think he is shy, just very restraint. He seems to actively not say much to others, rather than it being some instinctive impulse. Where the Apple Lies seems divisive among the fandom, but I am glad the episode did explain this aspect of his personality. Actually adds depth to his character.

• Brohoof 1

I suppose Where The Apple Lies is designed to explain it, but the explanation the episode suggests really rubs me the wrong way. 

Personally, I prefer to think it occurred as a result of whatever happened to his parents. Not that he witnessed anything, per se, but more that he had to grow up too fast.

Well remember that she said he's too shy to ask Cheerilee to be his special somepony, but it was never that he was too shy it's just that he never liked her that way.

So Apple Bloom probably just had clouded judgement.

I would never call him, but maybe a bit reserved based on how he acts around his "RELATIVE" Marble Pie.

Well remember that she said he's too shy to ask Cheerilee to be his special somepony, but it was never that he was too shy it's just that he never liked her that way.

So Apple Bloom probably just had clouded judgement.

I would never call him, but maybe a bit reserved based on how he acts around his "RELATIVE" Marble Pie.

It was never explicitly stated the Apples are related to the Pies (It was left ambiguous at the end of the episode because Status Quo Is God)

Besides, by the time the show takes place, they're cousins so far removed it wouldn't matter if they got together or not

He probably gradually got quieter as he got older. Due to his work style, he doesn't want to spend a lot of time talking; instead he focuses on his work more.

He talked more when he was younger since he was less mature, seen in Where the Apple Lies.

• Brohoof 1