Banner by ~ Sparklefan1234

G3/Core 7 Why do so many people hate generation 3?

They don't.  Only the loud whiny minority hate it. It is very popular amongst the larger mlp community and was a big seller among kids. They're some of the most beautiful toys in the franchise.

Edited by Leave a Whisper
  • Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know generation 3 is not the most amazing generation, but it seems so many people hate it I like the art I think its really pretty and I don't see why a show has to have violence or combat to be con

It's a show about nothing. Literally it's only purpose for existing is to be cute and sell toys

It's not stupid it's actually pretty cleverly written. It's just takes some thought to get the jokes. You know that some of the greats in animation did work on gen 3. *Cough cough* Sherri Stoner ya kn

Bronies have always had a warped view of the franchise. MLP has always been primarily about the toys while the animations (especially from G1 and G3) were there to advertise the toys. They weren't the main dish, they were just little side things, just like the video games.

G3's animated series is not the best thing you will ever watch (but it does have its moments), and so Bronies take one look at that and don't realize that what really shines about G3 are the toys. The toys were high quality and had a lot of variety with really beautiful themes. They put G4 and G5 to shame a hundred times over. The series has been flipped at this point and it's sad to see. G5 toys are so... ugh. =(

• Brohoof 2
  • Hug 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2017-01-18 at 8:22 AM, chaosprincess said:

I know generation 3 is not the most amazing generation, but it seems so many people hate it I like the art I think its really pretty and I don't see why a show has to have violence or combat to be considered good I must admit I do find the songs to be catchy now I'm not forcing anybody to like generation 3, but a lot of people consider it ugly and horrible which I feel they are over exaggerating now I'm not starting an argument or anything everybody has a right to their own opinion or things that they like I just thought I would start this topic and see what everybody thinks me personally I like generation 3 and a lot of ponies in generation 4 are from that generation so without generation 3 and older there would not be a generation 4 so do you like generation 3 or hate it and why?

I think there are problems with drawings

On 2021-12-28 at 2:47 AM, MintySweet said:

I think there are problems with drawings

The art is typically what is disliked which is a shame the animation in my opinion was quite good except when they stop and dead stare for a few seconds just staring at you smiling lol.

• Yay 1

The general consensus is that the art isn't up to snuff. The actual movies aren't inherently bad, but they were trying something somewhat different. The toys were very popular, so it dominated in that market, just as MLP always has.

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/18/2021 at 3:56 PM, Envy said:

The series has been flipped at this point and it's sad to see. G5 toys are so... ugh. =(

Oh yes!! G5 toys are a weird combination of G2 body and a childish head (not a big fan of the new gen's designs). By the way, regarding this topic, my favorite MLP art style is from G3, because those are detailed but cartoony (and cute!) at the same time very unpopular opinion lol.