Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

g3/core 7 Why do so many people hate generation 3?

chaosprincess

I watched "Princess Promenade" and it was thoroughly boring, nothing happens, it's just cute ponies being cute with the lightest plot you've ever experienced, Spikes weird English accent is annoying to, and he's seemingly a baby dragon after we know he's "at least 1000" but I won't try to spoil the plot so I'll be quiet if you think you can stomach this film ..

SOMEHOW it has the highest rating of all the MLP brand films, so I decided to watch it and it was the most boring shit I've ever seen with a MLP title... 

I LOVE MLP Tales and MLP n Friends, and obviously FIM and Gen.5 but generation 3 aside from being cute doesn't have substance or personality, even the stereotypes for the character "personality"(if you want to call them that) are under developed and under utilized, it's basically just cute ponies for the sake of being cute...

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

I have a soft spot for Gen. 3. I never watched the entire series (as of now) since I never urged myself to get into, but my sister was into Generation 3 growing up and 
as a brother I'd sometimes watch it with her. 

• Brohoof 1

On 2022-10-24 at 5:45 PM, Tinkatuff JJ said:

watched "Princess Promenade" and it was thoroughly boring, nothing happens,

it's not the best one - the quality is very up and down for G3 so you might find yourself liking some of the others (although gen 3 is definitely not to everypony's taste :P ). Minty Christmas tends to get the most positive responses from bronies.

5 minutes ago, abrony-mouse said:

it's not the best one - the quality is very up and down for G3 so you might find yourself liking some of the others (although gen 3 is definitely not to everypony's taste :P ). Minty Christmas tends to get the most positive responses from bronies.

YES, if you read around on some of these other topics about g.3 I do praise A Very Minty Christmas after I took the time to watch it, the characters defectives actually impact the plotline, there is an actual adventure and a story, lol, Minty putting that sock in the Christmas tree was the best thing I've ever seen lol, "Is this how you Christmas?":derp:

Lol yeah I really enjoyed a Very Minty Christmas, but I'm a huge sucker for Christmas specials lol, I was just like dang everypony got to the North Pole pretty fast via Air Balloon, these ponies must live up North lol, but yeah I have like 3 or 4 posts amongst these classic gen topics trying to fathom how Princess Promenade is 7.5 and A Very Minty Christmas is like 4.9 like the gen.3 fans or reviewers confuse me lol

• Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 2021-11-29 at 10:03 AM, Leave a Whisper said:

They don't.  Only the loud whiny minority hate it. It is very popular amongst the larger mlp community and was a big seller among kids. They're some of the most beautiful toys in the franchise.

I grew up with G3 and even now that I am older to see it‘s flaws like any early 2000s tv shows. Voice actors and certain characters have their unique charm especially minty and sky wishes being my favorite, even though now the dvds and I think audio book is a blur to me now but the unique names and concepts like kimono have a lot of potential. I just can’t seem to hate it when it makes me laugh and remember my childhood and how wow I recognize the voice of the Va in strawberry shortcake etc . Being the youngest child in my family I watched a lot of older shows that my siblings had and even some I think what age did I watch this ? Is the question I have for at least jem and the holograms . Before cable tv channels hub , Cartoon Network, boomaang etc . That got me into more interesting and good tv shows that aren’t just super girly or mind numbing some older shows or new kid shows are today . Gen 3 is good with the Va performance and colorful world of different characters personalities. That really helped expand the world of mlp into something even better. G3.5 no burn it , went to this thread after finding art of g4 and g3 stop the generation hate . And cuz if Barbie Elina and nori are good as lesbians so are sky wishes and star catcher amen . 

On 2022-10-24 at 12:45 PM, J.J said:

I watched "Princess Promenade" and it was thoroughly boring, nothing happens, it's just cute ponies being cute with the lightest plot you've ever experienced, Spikes weird English accent is annoying to, and he's seemingly a baby dragon after we know he's "at least 1000" but I won't try to spoil the plot so I'll be quiet if you think you can stomach this film ..

SOMEHOW it has the highest rating of all the MLP brand films, so I decided to watch it and it was the most boring shit I've ever seen with a MLP title... 

I LOVE MLP Tales and MLP n Friends, and obviously FIM and Gen.5 but generation 3 aside from being cute doesn't have substance or personality, even the stereotypes for the character "personality"(if you want to call them that) are under developed and under utilized, it's basically just cute ponies for the sake of being cute...

Yeah minty Christmas and some small shorts is only the things I can handle now that I’m older and some of it is really cringey. Spike was super annoying. 

• Brohoof 1

On 2021-12-28 at 2:47 AM, Bumble Sweet said:

I think there are problems with drawings

True and I was just looking at g3 fanart when I came across great art of both g3 and g4 to stop the hate of older gens. If only we can do that for Pokémon at times lol . For mlp I am glad that we had stepping stones to a great show cause you can’t have one without the other. I was definitely thinking about that when watching an old video on shadow759 sonic trailers . Any franchise hate some parts of the past as much as you want or appreciate how it has changed and progressed into something amazing. 

• 1 month later...