Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Has anyone came face to face with the paranormal in person?

Mast. Equestos/Gigas

(edited)

Well, I'm quite afraid of the paranormal to begin with. Which is why I carry my pocket sized bible and rosary, wherever I go. I can't stay at peace with the notion of the unknown.

Fear reminds of god, and my own ignorance.

Just like J.F.K. used to say "We should all not fear, but fear itself." 

Fear can be understood by many who find the strength to do so. As time will tell.

post-40379-0-18357600-1484850322_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Deathmare

Well my sib and I saw a green ectoplasm at the corner of the ceiling......

I should have want toward it and  touch it.

How do you know its spiritual, when it could be mis-understanding?

How do you know its ectoplasm, if it was, surely it'd be a documentable tangible physical substance. The premise of presuming that ectoplasm simply vanishes for scientists, along with all other paranormal activity, is too suspicious and convenient and unproven of an argument. It is far more easy to understand it through the psychological perspective. And thats not even counting paranormal scams and jokes. Some sisters before got alot of attention for claiming paranormal activity, when they were really the ones making their fam paranoid before and didn't admit it til they were older.

Green slime might have other causes, perhaps it wasn't slime at all but a light from near a window or such. It could've been hair gel.

In fact saying its unknowable, as a knowable fact is paradoxical, and contradicts reality. You never tested it, so you can't say it was ectoplasm. If it disappeared maybe it was a prank or lie and someone cleaned it up after, or the source of light causing it to seem to be there ceased. There are multiple explanations, including memory failure and such.

Besides, what would the motive of spirits or such be, which are unproven, to make ectoplasm vanish? You might think they'd want attention, not just scaring people then going into hiding. Also due to hypnosis things like seances actually can get people to have group delusions from a single suggestion. Also in seances people move left n right sometimes, their movement can shake a house if done in a specific location so loose paintings or books fall off of stands or such, and because you were all swaying left n right at the same time in a trance you don't even notice the effect it may be having on the room, a room possibly designed to easily have books fall off of shelves from vibrations.

Its far too presumptuous for my tastes. 

I used to try researching this stuff too, for science. Then eventually I found out about fallacies, and I was making assumptions. Like maybe ghosts can be explained like this, Thus ghosts are real and I will assume that is how they manifest. Rather than checking it against pools of empirical evidence.

Also haunted locations can be debunked from paranoid travels in an unlit building, alot of people are afraid of the dark, not only that, pareidolia explains anything people think they see, when it could be the wind blew a curtain because theres a crack in the glass behind it, it being an abandoned unkempt building. Also electromagnetism in large enough fields can cause the mind to feel a sense of panic or such, and poor air circulation causes nose blockages, due to dusty abandoned buildings, which reduces intakes of air from the nostrils, which prevents air circulation in the upper back of the throat leading into the sinuses and such, which studies have associated with schizophrenics, which high stomach acid from unhealthy diets can also do due to gasses produced from the stomach. Also at night and sleep deprived people are more likely to hallucinate, combined that with pareidolia and fear of the dark, its really too high of a likeliness that its not actually a supernatural event.

I researched it lots before. So far it seems like people just assume, and thats all you can do if no evidence exists. But then theres no reason to believe it if it never truly manifests, and anything that manifests can be studied empirically by eliciting another manifestation.

Also clever engineers/architects can create 'haunted' rooms. 

And seances and similar spiritual activities are just like hypnosis because it has similar techniques, it has suggestions, it has controlled breathing, sitting down, relaxing, group activity so people subconsciously sync their breathing, it all helps trigger slower brainwaves, associated with dreaming and hypnosis. Then it takes just one person panicking to turn it into a paranormal scenario. Which is how Ouija boards also work kind of. Like a type of paranoid pareidolia-esque confirmation bias. Even trying to listen in a room with no noise is unsettling, and if you do have noise when someone shuffles about its easier to mishear what is going on, and when you are distracted its also easier to mishear something. And if people are paranoid random unexplained noises are more likely to scare individuals. One scared person with a bunch of suggestible people means a bunch of scared people.

In 2006, I went on a tour of Gettysburg, Pennsylvania, which allegedly has its share of haunted sites, as part of a school trip. It was a nighttime tour, and the guide was telling us about the "blue boy" that haunts this old dormitory building on the campus of the college in town. I had my camera, so I snapped a couple photos. Later, as I looked through them, I noticed a bluish image outside the window where the boy had supposedly disappeared, and at the center of the blue is something that looks not entirely unlike a face. I was always a skeptic of the supernatural, but it seemed like I might have found something akin to evidence...

...until I took a nighttime picture of the Pittsburgh skyline a few months later, and discovered dozens of blue apparitions in the photograph. The camera lens had waterspots on it, and one of them had simply caught in the light the right way. So it turned out to be nothing. But it was kind of interesting to examine.

• Brohoof 1

Not face-to-face, but I've seen a reflection of a ghost in the house from my mirror into my brother's room. I went in there a couple of minutes later and noticed it was colder than my room. That's the only time I've ever physically seen a ghost though.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Not face-to-face, but I've seen a reflection of a ghost in the house from my mirror into my brother's room. I went in there a couple of minutes later and noticed it was colder than my room. That's the only time I've ever physically seen a ghost though.

Ah, I know mirrors like those that are ancient and do carry negative energy. It is trapped from within and it can try to do supernatural things like your reflection will look at you. 

There is a saying though. If you held a candle towards the mirror and burn it. Then smash it. The bad energy will escape from the mirror and will try to cause bad things. 

If however, he/she survives the bad, then good energy will come towards you for days, weeks, months, or longer. Depending on the age of the mirror. That is how you tell the strength it has to bestow upon you. 

Alas I don't chance it though. I know better than that.

post-40379-0-52607000-1484850420_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Deathmare
  • Brohoof 1

I don't really believe in the supernatural, so I take any and all stories of people supposedly seeing UFOs and the like with a grain of salt.

The only supernatural thing I might believe in would be aliens, but more in a "the universe is so vast that I find it incredibly unlikely that only one planet would sustainable life on it" kinda way.

• Brohoof 1

I wish I had. I've certainly tried a lot, yet to no avail. So I wised up and realised it doesn't actually exist. A damn shame, as it'd be cool if ghosts and such were real, but hey, what can you do other than use it as a great base for storytelling?

I've never seem anything super natural, nor do I believe in anything super natural. I just feel like if anything of that sort was real, there would be some proof of its existence. Most "ghost" videos I've seen have been proven as being faked and I think most people's accounts of seeing anything like that were just their minds playing tricks on them, or maybe some type of optical illusion. I won't believe in any of it until there is solid proof that it exists.

• Brohoof 1

I wish I had. I've certainly tried a lot, yet to no avail. So I wised up and realised it doesn't actually exist. A damn shame, as it'd be cool if ghosts and such were real, but hey, what can you do other than use it as a great base for storytelling?

Ghosts would be great, get a bunch of cuddly lady ghosts to hang out at night lol.

pd,x400,macbook_air_13-bg,ffffff.u5.jpg

Edited by Lil Pip
  • Brohoof 1

I kinda believe in the paranormal...

Once had an eerie experience when I was a little kid when I thought I saw my own shadow moving while I was sitting still. Another time, my friend was talking about how she loved having seances with her other friends and later that night while I was reading because I couldn't sleep, I had a sudden really eerie feeling that I was being watched and saw what looked like a lightning flash under my bedroom door. It freaked me out because the weather outside was fine and nobody was out and about in the house.

• Brohoof 1

OP has anyone ever told you that you're a bit edgy?

No, I've never had a paranormal encounter because things like ghosts, aliens and poltergeists don't exist.

I have had a lot of paranormal encounters since my house is old and it has some things that had happened to it in the past. But my most prominent paranormal experiences was when I was a kid. In my old room there was a woman who would always stand at the end of my bed watching me every night. It of course stopped once I changed rooms. I would list more experiences but I would be here all day.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

OP has anyone ever told you that you're a bit edgy?

No, I've never had a paranormal encounter because things like ghosts, aliens and poltergeists don't exist.

Not so much though. If I went a bit overboard on some topics. I'll tone it down a bit. 

I can't help it. I am more of an admirer of mysterious and unknown things in life. I just like these certain things for thrills. That's all.

I'll post something common people like or dislike in that matter in later terms. 

I really do appreciate the opinions and I'll be a bit less edgy for now on.   ^_^

Edited by Deathmare

My family has had a few unique experiences but speaking only for my own personal experience, I can only say that I heard disembodied footsteps in a reportedly haunted hacienda in Mexico. This could have been explained in any number of ways, so I don't know if it was paranormal or just an overactive imagination. I did see a UFO once from a plane en route to Hawaii, and I can't debunk that one by any means known to my personal thinking. :wacko:  

• Brohoof 1

In reality, I probably haven't. However, from my perspective I actually did see a shadow person years ago. Underneath a streetlight I saw a shadowy person moving through the light. Not that strange, if it weren't for the fact that there was no one there and that the shadow's head was facing towards the light, rather than away from it. Since I was very young at the time (11 or so) it's quite likely that it was something else entirely, but I like to entertain the notion of paranormal stuff existing so I'll just go with shadow person.

Shadowy figures are definitely considered to be mysterious or made of negative energy. So it is best to stay away from those entities.

Believe me I have seen all kinds of paranormal occurrences and read all about them. I seen the ones on Youtube as well. Most of them are fake.

post-40379-0-64064900-1484903223_thumb.jpeg

• 2 months later...

Well I have not seen it face to face but I know something there. What ever it is likes being downstairs and scaring people. Once a couple months ago I was alone downstairs watching TV and playing on my laptop and look up to noticed that something had move quickly behind the counter. I went to check it out and found nothing so I gave up about a week later I was doing dishes in the kitchen and heard the chairs behind me screech as if they were being pushed out of the way even though I was the only one around. Lastly a couple weeks ago I had just gotten out of the shower and I heard someone walking up the stairs, I went to say that i'm in the bathroom and found no one, I thought nothing of it took my shower then heard a slam of the cabinets from the kitchen, I rushed down stairs with and saw a cabinet open and no one around. It really freaky but not damaging anything.

(edited)

No, I haven't myself, but one of my classmate once swore that he saw bald child next to us when there wasn't any.

But I'm not really a person of believing in such things, like god, I can't prove it doesn't exist, but I don't believe it does, until I see it with my own eyes, and even then I would probably explain it through it being hallucination or something else to do with my mind.

Edited by The Cerberus

I've had a couple ghostly experiences in my day. Both times were with other people.

Once I was taking my cousin (father's side) to the restroom at my grandparents house  (mother's side). We turned the corner and my dead grandfather was there. My cousin screamed and ran away. As he had never met the man (different side of the family).described him perfectly.

The other was a couple years ago. But that one's too personal to share.

Yeah, when I was around 11. I was going to go to sleep, when I saw that my mirror was not facing where it normally would (It was one of those tabletop mirrors), so I would get up and turn it the right way (I was neat as hell back then). When I got up, in the mirror I saw a dark figure behind me. I didn't care, since I was prone to hallucinations at that time, due to lack of sleep. But now, i'm pretty sure that was a ghost or something else.

There was also a time when my fork moved as I was going to pick it up, when I was having dinner. That happened not to long ago.

I've been to both The Whaley House... a famously haunted general store/ house/ courtroom /graveyard in San Diego, California. And Jerome, Arizona an old haunted mining city in the mountains. People have posted online about experiencing quite interesting things at both locations... And I saw nothing :okiedokieloki:.

Though of all places I'm pretty sure there is a spirit in my house. Seen shadows, heard unexplainable thuds from across the house, and even caught on camera one of our lamps randomly turning on at two in the morning. This kept happening so often that we had to unplug the lamp. I think there is a spirit haunting my step mother because I've noticed similar things happen in every house I've lived with her in.