Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

T-shirt design ideas wanted!

Crecious

To help my family pay for the medical bill for my father's surgery I'm hoping to get some more t-shirt designs started. Because I don't feel comfortable asking for donations. I feel like t-shirts aren't a lot of money and people get to wear them.

So what I want is some suggestions of what you think should be done, and what you'd be interested in buying if money were no object.

Thanks in advance!

Hello, @@Crecious

Because this thread is asking for assistance regarding ideas with a project that would be considered other, I have gone ahead and moved it to Trixie's Tricks.

Thank you!

• Brohoof 1

Okay, okay, okay! Now hear me out here! Let me pitch this fit at yer head here!

How about something that seems to imply a third or fourth dimension?  Like say.... an icon with a border that looks like a hole has been punched through the wearer, like say, Discord was popping out of the center of the shirt?

Or something else optical-illusion-y?

OOH! OOH! Or how about this?!!? Top design of the shirt looking like that furry ruff around the neck Discord gots, then the rest of the shirt designed like the rest of his body! Like those cut-out photo op things ya stick your head into to sucker tourists into lookin' silly?

Ooh! Or take that a step further! Have a design that makes it look like your holding a pony, hooves forward, sos it always looks like your hugging a show-accurate pony! Hah!

Hmm, but then again, maybe you'd hit a wider market if you didn't just stick to MLP based stuff?

Okay, okay, okay! Now hear me out here! Let me pitch this fit at yer head here!

How about something that seems to imply a third or fourth dimension?  Like say.... an icon with a border that looks like a hole has been punched through the wearer, like say, Discord was popping out of the center of the shirt?

Or something else optical-illusion-y?

OOH! OOH! Or how about this?!!? Top design of the shirt looking like that furry ruff around the neck Discord gots, then the rest of the shirt designed like the rest of his body! Like those cut-out photo op things ya stick your head into to sucker tourists into lookin' silly?

Ooh! Or take that a step further! Have a design that makes it look like your holding a pony, hooves forward, sos it always looks like your hugging a show-accurate pony! Hah!

Hmm, but then again, maybe you'd hit a wider market if you didn't just stick to MLP based stuff?

Those are all awesome ideas, but aside from the first, I don't know how I could do them.

I post the designs to Threadless.com so I'm pretty limited I believe. I was thinking more ponies or ponies doing things.

Only posting this as an example. I am not advertizing. 

shirt-1484779775-fd624e487fb2e0678324550f6ef9f409.png

Well, for that third option, it would basically be just a picture of said pony laying on their back. Like what they do for them waifu-body-pillows.  ...What? Think people would be alot more willing having it like that than the more blunt implied use of the latter.

Basically, a big, clear picture of a pony. Hmm...  "or doing something" eh?  Well, maybe an action scene like say... some of the main six rappelling down a rope or just simply a pegusai in flight?

Edit!

Ooh! :idea: I-de-a!  Something more simplistic! Like solid color that matches each of the main six exactly, with a small symbol of their cutie mark discretely hidden somewhere on the back, and something more generally symbolic on the front. Like say, for Rarity's shirt a tailor's measuring tape looped around the neck and a few sewing pins "poked" through the shirt at random intervals! Ooh! And for Pinkie's a "pocket" with some candy sticking out!

Ooh! Ooh! Or base them off those patterns Rarity made in that one dress-making episode early on in the show!

Ack! I'm having an inspiration attack! :D 

Edited by Widdershins
  • Brohoof 1