Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Cliches you like/dislike

CastletonSnob

I hate when...

Main character is, for lack of better words, a "pussy" and yet has all the girls (harem genre)

Main character is a princess who wants to marry for love

"Fantasy" stories take place in 17th century England

Main character is portrayed as objectively good

Main character is portrayed as objectively bad

The shy girl gets with the confident main character even when they spent no time together and the relationship with the actual strong female character was good

Female characters serve no purpose other than being a pair of breasts to distract the viewer

Female characters express their sexuality unrealistically

Side characters are used solely as comic relief

The plot turns into something like Naruto - dozens of characters scrapped for a Naruto-Sasuke canon fanship

Deus ex machinas occur

Main character's hardships are made to be so much worse than everyone else's just because they are the main character

Main character do immoral things and never getting criticism from anyone else who is "good"

Pacifist characters have no development

Edited by ARagY
  • Brohoof 1

--The villains just keep getting stronger and appear for no reason.(DBZ is the number one offender of this trope)

Goku Black / Zamasu milks that worse than anyone I've ever seen.

Edited by A.V.

I am bored about the cliche from cartoons that the childrens are usually more intelligent than the parents. I mean, I see so often shows where the father of the family is really stupid or clumsy. Besides, I don't like the cliche "main character likes a girl (usually the prettiest girl on the school/town), but she don't likes him or she belongs to another boy (mostly a musclehead) and the main character also is the love interest for an total anoying character." 

A cliche wich I like? To be honest, I don't have one. 

At first I was always against the "yelling out your attack name" cliche from anime since it seemed so unnecessary on top of being obvious to the opponent. I mean you wouldnt yell out where you were going to punch a guy while you were boxing.

But then it started to grow on me with how much emotion they were putting into the yelling and I started adapting it to OCs myself. It still feels stupid when I take a step back and think about it but its something I can enjoy for being as ridiculous as it is like a Schwarzenegger movie where you get 30 guys shooting at him and not one bullet even scratches him but he hits all 30 perfectly.

Oh, I remembered another that I HATE: Swords are better than guns :dry:. It happens in videogames, anime, everywhere. Guns are either popguns, used by stormtroopers that can't hit an elephant at 2 feet, swords are OP, sword-wielder are OP in all ways (they never get tired, move superhuman speed, etc). I mean, it's like they are OP because they use cheatcodes :dry:. That trope is stupid. If we where to duel with my opponent with a sword, and I with a gun, chances are, I'm gonna get screwed. Not by death, but by years on prison because of a second degree murder >_>