Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

About the Changelings impersonating the Mane 6 and Royal Family....

heavens-champion

I don't remember the Changelings impersonating the Mane 6 and Royal Family ever returning to the hive.

I think the writers didn't think that through. It's just a kid's show and so on. Maybe those changelings turned good guys later when they arrived.

I would be surprised if not all of them are Changedlings now. Chrysalis will be OP again anyway. She doesn't need her minions.

I think those particular changelings will be back to still be Chrysalis' minor henchlings. Not every changeling was around for King Thorax's big game changer so they will be back to try to cause mayhem. Or maybe a changeling civil war is in the future...

• Brohoof 1

The unmetamorphosised Changelings might just bail on Chrysalis and leave Equestria altogether, thus evading any Mane7 retribution. They don't have to make a choice between turning 'good' or remaining 'bad' necessarily.

I am pretty sure they were utterly forgotten about.

I imagine when we do see Chrysalis again, she will have unaltered changelings with her, but since they all look alike you can just either assume they are from TWABA, or just entirely new ones. I doubt we will get any sort of explanation on it one way or the other.

I just want to know HOW the Changelings managed to get into Canterlot to replace the Royal Sisters AGAIN

A lot of people want to know this... in fact it is still a semi hot topic among fans, including myself. Although I did not mind the finale and enjoyed much of it, I really disliked them skipping this explanation entirely... and it is why I think they could have either made this a 3-parter, or rewritten it in such a way to actually explain it. A lot of fans are hoping the S7 premier gives some explanation of it, and although it would be nice... I don't see it happening... I imagine they will at best just mention Chrysalis and be ready to move onto something else.. whatever that may be.

• Brohoof 1

Personally, I don't mind not knowing. Not every single question in an episode needs to be answered. The showrunners know that it's important to leave their audience wanting more, as they say in showbiz.

I thought that except for the queen, the Changelings are all good guys now.

hard to believe that every single changeling was in the hive at the time

or that all the changeling who changed were in the throne room

surely there are some untransformed

• Brohoof 1

They don't matter. They writers gave as much a shit about them as they did the Mane 6 in the finale, which is to say none at all. 

True lol.

If it were non-canon it'd be good tho, just for the disc/trix interaction.

Are you saying that Starlight is the bad guy here?

No, Starlight has nothing to do with it.

It just would be humiliating as heck, if they had shown their defeat again. Guaranteed by the biased writers. Already, Luna's capture did make her look weak and helpless (which was fine by me, tbh :P ). Just imagine if this would have been fleshed out.

Without fandom popularity, Chrysakis would be finished by now in one way or the other.

But yet, Chrysalis will return being more powerful than ever due to another asspull, Celestia will be cocooned again, writers pandered again whilst denying it, the fandom will cheer, the End.

Edited by Swifty

No, Starlight has nothing to do with it.

It just would be humiliating as heck, if they had shown their defeat again. Guaranteed by the biased writers. Already, Luna's capture did make her look weak and helpless (which was fine by me, tbh :P ). Just imagine if this would have been fleshed out.

Without fandom popularity, Chrysakis would be finished by now in one way or the other.

But yet, Chrysalis will return being more powerful than ever due to another asspull, Celestia will be cocooned again, writers pandered again whilst denying it, the fandom will cheer, the End.

So basically you're saying To Where and Back Again was just an excuse to please the Chrysalis fans.

• Brohoof 1

So basically you're saying To Where and Back Again was just an excuse to please the Chrysalis fans.

Partly. Starlight had to shine in this finale and Trixie had to be there as well, which didnt annoy me that much. Yeah, it could be Celesta's turn for once, but that's just impossible with those people who run this show.

For Chesalis, you hardly can speak of coincidence when Chrysalis refused to be a good guy, long after the fandom was very vocal about not liking her possible redemption. Now we have to get even more from her. It's just terrible and i blame the fandom.

Partly. Starlight had to shine in this finale and Trixie had to be there as well, which didnt annoy me that much. Yeah, it could be Celesta's turn for once, but that's just impossible with those people who run this show.

For Chesalis, you hardly can speak of coincidence when Chrysalis refused to be a good guy, long after the fandom was very vocal about not liking her possible redemption. Now we have to get even more from her. It's just terrible and i blame the fandom.

Well, we were told earlier that Starlight would save the day in the season six finale. I'd say she's earned her redemption.

soooooo....rewatching the season finale, Chryssi's swarm in "To Where and Back Again" were incompetent idiots who clearly didn't do their research to know who Starlight was, or how the Mane 6 or Spike acted. Or study up on Luna's dreamwalking abilities, to know that she'd contact some sleeping pony- like Starlight, as she slept. Fact is, Chryssi KNEW who Starlight was. But she didn't think she was worth replacing with one of her drones. Why? And shouldn't the drones that impersonated the mane 6 have KNOWN this, but yet they (at least the one who was Pinkie) didn't even know who she was. 

On top of that, Chryssi clearly stated that there were other drones out across Equestria who were impersonating the princesses, to gather the love from the pony populace, and bring it back to her at the hive. Meaning that there ARE still unreformed changelings out there. Also- wih how many cocoons we saw that weren't in the throne room, there are likely a bunch of other ponies captured and Changelings outside the hive who are impersonating them also. 

also- if Chryssi drains the changelings of love after they feed on it, why have none of the changelings changed before? If changing is what happens when they "give love freely", then wouldn't ALL of the changelings have changed, if they were willingly feeding their queen of the love they took? It doesn't make any sense.

Edited by Nightmare Muffin

I just want to know HOW the Changelings managed to get into Canterlot to replace the Royal Sisters AGAIN

Again? They never even replaced them to begin with the first time back in A Canterlot Wedding. Only Chrysalis managed to replace an Alicorn Princess, and that was Cadance as part of her plan to take Canterlot the first time by taking Shining Armor out of action. Then she'd probably go after the Royal Sisters next anyway.

Again? They never even replaced them to begin with the first time back in A Canterlot Wedding. Only Chrysalis managed to replace an Alicorn Princess, and that was Cadance as part of her plan to take Canterlot the first time by taking Shining Armor out of action. Then she'd probably go after the Royal Sisters next anyway.

Alright, maybe replace wasn't the right word...

I meant the fact this means Celestia and Luna were both somehow overpowered by changelings AGAIN, offscreen

One seriously has to wonder how Equestria survived with them in charge

Alright, maybe replace wasn't the right word...

I meant the fact this means Celestia and Luna were both somehow overpowered by changelings AGAIN, offscreen

One seriously has to wonder how Equestria survived with them in charge

No kidding. I pin full blame on the writers for turning Celestia and Luna from the proud Alicorn Princesses in charge of the Sun and Moon from Season 1 into the weak, pathetic, damsels-in-distress that need to have their sorry flanks saved from danger in almost every season premiere or finale. It is downright disgraceful how they are being treated in the show. They do a lot better in the comics.

• Brohoof 1

soooooo....rewatching the season finale, Chryssi's swarm in "To Where and Back Again" were incompetent idiots who clearly didn't do their research to know who Starlight was, or how the Mane 6 or Spike acted. Or study up on Luna's dreamwalking abilities, to know that she'd contact some sleeping pony- like Starlight, as she slept. Fact is, Chryssi KNEW who Starlight was. But she didn't think she was worth replacing with one of her drones. Why? And shouldn't the drones that impersonated the mane 6 have KNOWN this, but yet they (at least the one who was Pinkie) didn't even know who she was. 

On top of that, Chryssi clearly stated that there were other drones out across Equestria who were impersonating the princesses, to gather the love from the pony populace, and bring it back to her at the hive. Meaning that there ARE still unreformed changelings out there. Also- wih how many cocoons we saw that weren't in the throne room, there are likely a bunch of other ponies captured and Changelings outside the hive who are impersonating them also. 

also- if Chryssi drains the changelings of love after they feed on it, why have none of the changelings changed before? If changing is what happens when they "give love freely", then wouldn't ALL of the changelings have changed, if they were willingly feeding their queen of the love they took? It doesn't make any sense.

You could say To Where and Back Again could use some serious editing. Like instead of Chrysalis flying away without anyone stopping her, she uses her magic to teleport, like someone else suggested.

• Brohoof 1