Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

A Gift of Goodwill

skysweep

Hey there everypony!

Im here to share a little personal project of mine, but I will need help and support to make it a reality. 

My story into the fandom is one born of tragedy. Ive found much of the world an unforgiving pressure vessel, and now even more so a political arena. However, I have always managed to find a brony, at some point in my life who stands by me, ready to pick me up when I fall. I do not think I am exaggerating to think that I would not be alive without the community's kindness and kindred spirit. 

One unique way I like to feel better is to get a good commission from a nice artist. Most are friendly, nice and willing to be great friends. They open a window into their worlds, and show you how they work their magic in making the artworks for you. However, I often find it surprising how much of a pittance they get for the joy they bring. I personally try walking in their hoofprints to find it unsustainably difficult. 

Drawing from these experiences, I feel that there is a point that I want to help. To give back in some way, and just share the love and joy I was always fortunately offered in my times of need. This feeling was made even more poignant by seeing stress take its toll on me and others around me. I feel that this is where I want to help, injecting a bit of cheer into the place that kept me safe.

What I intend is what I personally referred as the "1000 Dollar Art Gallery". Simply put, I would want to commission 1000 dollars worth of art from fandom artists, and then put it all on display to show how much art one can get from the fandom with that budget. A budget where you would be hard-pressed be able to buy a painting from an established, mainstream artist. However, I dont want to hoard that many commissions for myself. I want to share it with people who may need just that extra bit of joy in their life. 

My plan is this. Im reaching out to you now, the community for artist recommendations. They have to be brony artists of course, thats the whole point. Preferrably affordable as that means there will be more art to go around. Link their profiles in if they are willing to do a commission, and I'll take a look. 

Once there seems to be enough artists to get the commissions, then the project starts in earnest. If you have somepony, anypony who would really appreciate a pony commission just specially for them, that will be the stage that you ask. (Dont rush just yet, artist recommendations first) Share your reasons for wanting to get a said commish. Be it for an ill friend, a person who needs a pick-me-up or just someone who hasnt ever gotten a commish before (within reason, dont go getting a cough and demand one), Id love to hear at that stage what youd need it for.

For now, I would want to focus on finding artists to commission for this. Feel free to bring in friends, people you know or someone you know will do a good job. Share it round, hopefully this little project of mine will be able to help people to just.....relax and help others. 

Some important notes:

1. Im not doing this for publicity. No ulterior motives, not a string in sight. I just hope that people will believe that there is some good in the world, and not everything is sinister. After all, it is once said to "Be the change you want to see". I personally miss places and times where people give freely out of goodwill. Not much of that is left in my IRL life anyways. So yes, I might want this to gain attention, but to spread a message of kindness and generosity. I dont care if people forget about this or me after it all. What will make it all worthwhile is to see happiness and kindness. 

2. Please dont use this as a soapbox. Its just here for the community as a whole to care. I dont want to care who anypony is or where they come from, im sick of that in daily life. Just set it aside and help bring some joy. 

3. Is this a naive thing to do? Especially with all the scary things happening around and mistrust and such? Yes it is, and I am aware of that. But someone has to try. I dont want to do nothing when there is something I can do.

4. Im not wealthy. It may seem so, but in my current place (National Service, aka conscription) this will set me back almost 3 months of salary. I hope this clarification dispels some notions you think I might have. 

5. Please dont fight. Be reasonable, and understand the intent of this. It isnt meant to show the bad side of people, but to show there is a good spark somewhere. Hopefully it wont be tainted by greed. Just....be logical. Gentle. Kind. Caring. Sharing. Thats all I ask for.

Sorry for the long description, and I hope you all can support this. Thanks everyone. 

Edited by skysweep