Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv The Emoji Movie

CastletonSnob

Well, I'm not seeing that Movie.

Wait, I didn't watch the Trailer? Eh, whatever, I still not seeing this movie because it's awful.

Edited by Zachary
  • Brohoof 5

Yes, this seems like a bad idea. That being said, I have yet to see any solid confirmation that Popeye was cancelled because of this. The only source is a tweet by Cartoon Brew, and knowing Amid Amidi, I feel like he was just saying that to blame The Emoji Movie for killing potentially good projects. They also tweeted the same thing about Medusa, and this tweet included a link to their article about Lauren Faust no longer being involved that said it was still in development (I'm not saying it couldn't have been quietly cancelled since). So while I don't see anything good coming out of an emojiis movie, I also don't see any reason to blame it for killing Popeye and Medusa.

Edited by PinkiePie97

Is it too late to revoke the emoticon section from the unicode standards?... On a more serious note, I can't believe this is a thing. It's like they're trying to desperately find something to replace the minions to obnoxiously shove in our faces for the next 5 years.

• Brohoof 3

It doesn't look the least bit intruiging for me to bother watching the trailer. Just the movie title makes me wonder what the hell is it about. Emojis, sure, but WHAT EXACTLY ABOUT THEM?

From what I have read and seen it looks and sounds pretty awful... so I am not really interested in ever seeing this film.

That being said... despite how awful it may or may not be, but considering how the movie will probably be marketed.. who wants to bet it makes more money that a lot of other animated films this year, including MLP?

This is what happens when people can't come up with original ideas anymore we just get a bunch of remakes or movies to do with something that already made and should  had just been left to enjoy the way it was intended.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Im pretty open minded to animated 3D movies, and try to give them a chance before start hating but ohmygod this one just looks horrible and with scary designs xD i hope its not as succesfl as those minions 

Gangnam Style: The Movie?

I would watch it xD 

Man I'm looking foreword to this movie.... It's gonna be better than Food Fight, Scooby Doo meets Kiss, and Suicide Squad (all 3 epic masterpieces). Hollywood has definently outdone themselves with this idea.

Btw I enjoy sarcasm.

• Brohoof 3