Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What Would You Do If You Won The Lottery?

Castle Bleck

For me I would first keep my mouth shut about it. The more you advertise it the more you'll see distant family members and friends suddenly coming out the woodwork asking for "assistance" with things. And i'm a softee so I tend to be easily manipulated into giving people money against my best judgement.

For my actual use I would first invest a good portion of it into many different stocks so that if one tanks I should have others to pick up the difference. Basically I want my money to make more money. Not that i'm greedy but thats what I always hear about people who suddenly come into money. Its always consumed and never invested causing it to run out pretty quickly. Having some kind of sustainable income without worrying about not being able to work would be a huge relief to me.

I would also take a chunk of it and put it into some kind of savings account where I dont have immediate access to it. I like to think having some kind of alternate account I can forget about would be helpful if things go sour. Having readily available money I think makes you more prone to spend then something you have to put a little more effort into.

From there I dont think I would buy a mansion or anything as I cant understand what you need a huge property and mortgage for. 11 bedrooms...17 bathrooms...am I planning on sleeping in a new bed every night? :twi:  I think I would buy a reasonable house, something nice but sustainable but nothing big. Like I said, I dont get big houses. I also dont think I would buy an expensive car. I mean thats a good way to advertise you got spending money. I would buy something upper middle priced. Like 40 or 50k and be completely satisfied with that. Besides who needs power when you cant even use a fraction of it on the road.

After that I think I would get a cook. Just someone to make me food since im so lazy about it. It always tends to lead to cereal for breakfast a sandwich for lunch and snack crackers for dinner. I dont exactly eat healthy.

A nice media room for movies and gaming...and thats really it. :please:

I would most likely donate large amounts to charities and research like disease research, medical improvements, robotic prosthesis research, and social causes I believe in. I mean no point in having alot of money just sitting in your account not helping anyone ya know.

• Brohoof 1

Lets see, lets see. Hmm, oh yes! Hehe..I would gather all the high tech gear I can get and build my very own space craft. Like a mothership of course!  :sneer: 

Then gather all my belongings and of course as much food as I can. Maybe a dog can go with me and some people can tag along for the ride. Oh so much amusement! I will have in space and observing on what goes on in the world!

Especially that leader is the jester in my opinion. Still why should I be concerned right. 

If I only had that much cash. -_-"

Edited by Unovas

It depends if I win the extra big lottery or just an small one xD 

but I tell the case of the extra big:

- pay for studies and save cash for next years studying (including room, food, basic bills, car+car license etc)

-pay for fixing my body lmao gotta feel preeteeh.. :please:

- save the cash to buy a future nice house 

- pay some debts from 2 people i know

- give some to my closest family 

and if i still have some extra then buy cool things for me like videogames,merch, and some trips arround the world like angkor, japan, america and a tropical island :D

i must say this would be like a 400.000 € prize lmao keep praying  :love:

but at small prize my priority is just the studies+ years studying bills

So let's say I win one of those huge Mega Millions jackpots and take home like 300 million.

1) pay off my car

2) buy a 3 bed, 2.5 (2 master) bath home, with central air, connected 2 car garage, and finished basement

3) build an INSANE computer

4) hire a personal trainer (again) to lose 60 pounds (.....sigh....again)

5) keep enough for myself to live comfortably off the average interest of a savings account, which I figure is 7 or 8 million.

That leaves around 291 million, roughly 122 million of which I'd spread around to family and close friends and their children's education

The remaining 169 million covers the average cost to manufacture 12 homeless shelters, which I'd have built in the Las Vegas and Anaheim areas, which are the two areas I've personally witnessed homelessness on a large scale. I'd have to convince the cities to invest in the staffing, ownership and maintenance, which becomes infinitely easier if I'm the one footing the bill for the building itself.

Would be REEEEEEEEEAAALLLLYYY nice if the universe can do me a solid and make this happen.

• 6 months later...

assuming this is a large lottery winning total, I would give my family members each the exact amount as each other, enough to do whatever they wanted- like if I won 200 million, id give them around like 25 million a piece, thats just my immediate family- extended family I would help out, but only with the things they asked 

the rest, I'd buy a couple nice vehicles, a largish yacht, a couple largish apartments in two cities I really like, take half of whats left and put it into a compounding saving account, sorta like a ROTH IRA or CD, collect the interest from that siting in the account 

then with that money, plus the other half of what I didn't give away, use on real estate or large watercraft and just travel :3 oh and bring my friends along, they wouldn't want for anything as long as they're not asking for a solid gold jet ski or something :):D 

I'd pay off all my loans. I'd invest a little here and there. I'd expand on my secondary income sources, making them my primary.

Then I'd save up. Also start some more decent exercising so I look at least decent physically. And maybe get a girlfriend.

Other than that, nothing would most likely change.

If we're talking large sums, like 10 million+, I'd probably buy a large house for a couple mill and start renting out rooms. Rent would be more on an individual basis, depending on how much stuff you want to do around the house, though there is a minimum. The more cleaning 'n shit you do, the rent will be lowered respectively, though you shouldn't beat yourself over it.

There are many ideas I'd fire up if I won like 1m+, or even just 500k. I'd be commissioning people I like a lot too.

Edited by Yakamaru

Assuming it's like the powerball jackpot and millions of dollars, I can think of a short list right off the bat. Buy a house with enough space, buy a reasonable car and a fun car, quit my job and go back to finish my business degree and then go to culinary school

I personally would use the money to invest in a good comfy house along with paying for comfy things. Not something overly expensive though...

• Brohoof 2

If I won the lottery, here's basically what I'd do.

1. Hire a wealth management firm to help me claim and manage my winnings
    1. I'd do this so I can have an attorney claim the winnings on my behalf, allowing me to remain anonymous.
    2. There's actually a lot of reasons to remain anonymous.
  2. After collecting the winnings, I'd pay off all of my debts (student loans, etc)
  3. Depending on how much I get, I'd also pay off the debts of my friends and close family.
  4. I'd make a sizable donation to a charity, perhaps set up a foundation to raise funds for charity and to help provide assistance to those in need.
  5. I'd buy a nice plot of land and design a large house (not a mansion) to sit on it and possibly buy a winter house down south.
  6. I'd buy nice gifts for my friends and family (cars, custom gaming PCs, etc)
  7. I'd invest some of my winnings or start up a business myself.

Probably rebuild my house, go solar, and update everything to 2017 standards with the intent of going off grid to an extent. Go solar, go wind, etc. I'd also have my windows bullet proofed and everything fireproofed.

Oh and build a nice great fence around my property to keep people out, black fence with a massive gate at my driveway.

That depends on how much money I win. Let's say for the sake of example I won $500 million usd. I would opt to take it all at once and spend it very carefully, not buying anything extravagant, but enough to live my life comfortably and have lots of fun. I would quit my job and so would my brother and parents, and I would give them all an even share. I would buy a lot of premium content surrounded around my little pony, I would donate a large portion to mlp forums and derpibooru, two of my favorite sites, and give a couple million to my favorite youtuber, Devon Tracey.

I would buy all new shirts themed around my favorite shows, like game of thrones, rick and morty, doctor who, my little pony, and the like; as well as buying lots MLP merch. I wouldn't bother buying a house, because, hey I already have a place to live, why spend money unnecessarily? The biggest mistake lottery winners make is spending far too much money too quickly, and I would be far FAR more disciplined and make sure that money lasts me a lifetime. I would order delivery everyday and maybe go out to eat once in a while, but not in fancy restaurants, something like Dennys.

Next I would pay for driving lessons and get my license, and buy a hybrid. Next, just for fun I would give away my old PC and build a new one, fully decked-out, no holds barred. Even though I don't need it, i'm a massive nerd so I just like having all that extra performance; plus, someone gets a free gaming pc out of it! Give away my current monitor and replace it with a nice 28" 4k Samsung Monitor. After that, it's time to upgrade to the fastest internet there is, next i'm giving away my smartphone and buying a Galaxy S8+. Switching my phone plan from ting to Verizon with Unlimited everything for maximum speed and coverage. Next up is travelling the world! I would hire a translator and visit Japan, South Korea, and Germany. Next I would fly over to Devon Tracey's house and hang out with him.

• 2 weeks later...

Use everything to be able to help horses and ponys full time, instead of working to do it, like I do today.

I´m not interested in money at all, if I have a home and food on the table.

Edited by pegapony