Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What Would You Do If You Won The Lottery?

Castle Bleck

• 2 months later...

Depending on the size of the jackpot here's what I'd do.

1. RETIRE - no more bosses, no more punching a clock, nobody controls when I eat, sleep, or spend my time but me. I won't necessarily change my spending habits unless it's a lot of money(a few vacations would be nice though).

2. Pay off my parents' house

2a. Money for my nieces and nephews, I'd like to give them each at least 20k for education.

3. Other money for various family members

4. Dream House including - huge library
    Theater quality tv room. If I'm really swimming in money I might even get the liscense or whatever for an actual theater and watch new movies in Imax in the comfort of my home
    Game room including, but not limited to, console arcade games and pinball machines, pool table and air hockey, bowling lane, huge tv for video games and special table for board games

5. Lots of great vacations

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I would probably first upgrade my bank account so I have unlimited spending since it's only limited to 25 transactions a month before charging me for overspending.  I would then pay off some of the gofundmes and other fundraisers I see on tumblr.  I would then get everything that I need for my planned top surgery, just some basic stuff like food prepping, getting scar medications, supplements, probably buy enough food to last me the month or so, whatever else I had in mind for post-op care.  At some point, I'd probably have to notify my disability worker of my winnings, which means they'd probably kick me off of the program but that isn't that big of a deal.

I'd move from where I live currently and move to a bigger city where I can get the education I want since my local community college doesn't offer much that I'm remotely interested in.  Work to get my driver's license.  During all these goings on, I'll probably set myself on a budget of, let's say, 4k a month?  I mean, I currently live off of $1,200 a month so something like that will make things so much easier for me and I want to ensure my bank account can stay a float for a long time instead of being one of those lotto winners who loses their money in a short time.  My ultimate goal is to one day move back to the reservation and help my people out.  I would love to have a business there or maybe become a therapist and help that way, I'm still on the fence about it tbh.  At some point, I'd love to build a better pc too, the one I have currently has lasted me a long time.

Whenever someone mentions "Lotto win", I immediately imagine the house that I get built back on the rez, with a large garden and a few apple/cherry trees and being able to give away a lot of what my garden produces.  Have some nut trees too, like hazelnuts since those can be expensive to buy at bulk barn.

Get my life in order. A place for me and my love, get the medicine I need, eat good for once, restore my game collection... Just achieve a simple happiness. Stability I never had.

I'll save some for emergencies and give the rest to people like me who need it, and those looking to make the world a better place.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  1. Donate half of it for some sweet tax write offs
  2. Pay off all existing debts
  3. Build a modest home on a large plot of private land
  4. Drop the rest of it in index funds. Live off the returns.
  5. Dogs. Lots and lots of dogs. 
Edited by Ford Taurus

Put it in bonds and index funds, live off the proceeds.

Get a house with a good size garage, experiment with robotics. Maybe get a small farm and experiment with agricultural robotics.

On 12/2/2018 at 11:10 PM, Fluttershutter said:

4. Dream House including - huge library
    Theater quality tv room. If I'm really swimming in money I might even get the liscense or whatever for an actual theater and watch new movies in Imax in the comfort of my home
    Game room including, but not limited to, console arcade games and pinball machines, pool table and air hockey, bowling lane, huge tv for video games and special table for board games

As I understand, cinema-grade projectors generally come with standard HDMI inputs - you could plug a gaming PC or console into one, which would be unimaginably  awesome.

• Brohoof 1

I would probably buy a lot of useless stuff at first like a new car, clothes etc. in a usual young guy fashion. :please: But taking into account the future I would save most of it so that my life would be financially secure, and if I ever somehow managed to have children they'd have a good life under my wing and beyond as well.  (Also charities, that's always good!)

Probably a boring answer but put most of it on some bank account in case I need it in the future, and give some of it to my family (like maybe divide 100k between them). I prefer to work for my money than win it.

Spoiler

w*ores would sound nice if I were into that tho

Edited by Xe__or

• 1 month later...