Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

web Has anyone used bronymate?

trademark2

I tried this out of curiosity to find bronies in my area (not because I'm actually serious about finding a relationship) and quit before long. Looks like a big scam to me. You can send a message to any member but you can only read their replies if you pay for a subscription. Ripoff!!!

The profiles showing up were too good to be true, like could there really be several attractive brony girls in my out-of-the-way college town? I doubt it. :dry: Don't waste your time on a free subscription, and don't waste your money on an upgraded account.

• Brohoof 1

• 4 years later...
On 2021-05-13 at 3:53 PM, Duskull said:

I don't know why but I signed onto an account with them, but I never really used it. The place seems like a giant scam and honestly I'm inclined to believe a majority of the profiles are fake.

Screw it dude. Imma try it. 

• Brohoof 1

From what I've heard a lot of the girl profiles on the site are fake, and bots running those accounts will send you messages saying that their "interested" in you, but of course to actually reply to them you have to get a paid subscription- total scam, the site owners are just trying to get your money by having those bots send you messages to try and trick you, just really scummy stuff all around. 

In general it's just better to meet people at places like conventions or group meet ups or other stuff like that, many relationships that start on online dating sites don't usually end up lasting too long >_>  

• 2 weeks later...

I've been seeing ads for it for around the last five years. Nothing has really hit me to try it, especially because I've heard that there are an overwhelming amount of fake profiles on there.

On 2021-05-13 at 3:53 PM, Somebody that Exists said:

I don't know why but I signed onto an account with them, but I never really used it. The place seems like a giant scam and honestly I'm inclined to believe a majority of the profiles are fake.

Still getting emails from them and I'm getting really sick of it honestly, especially considering I'm not single and most of the profiles are clearly pretending to be women who I don't romantically want anyways.

• 3 weeks later...
(edited)

Remember when it came out haha it was like such a good idea then. Yet only one thing is though majority of bronies on such sites are of the same gender typically. That said I do like the idea and there are more female bronies then you know but still not so many I believe that a dating site works as intended. You're better off at conventions or you know in general.

Edited by Fluttershyfan94

• 2 weeks later...

I think I signed up for an account when it first showed up. Then I saw you had to pay to read messages, decided it was silly, and never used it again.