Banner by ~ The Wife of Hawks

Web Has anyone used bronymate?

I tried this out of curiosity to find bronies in my area (not because I'm actually serious about finding a relationship) and quit before long. Looks like a big scam to me. You can send a message to any member but you can only read their replies if you pay for a subscription. Ripoff!!!

The profiles showing up were too good to be true, like could there really be several attractive brony girls in my out-of-the-way college town? I doubt it. :dry: Don't waste your time on a free subscription, and don't waste your money on an upgraded account.

• Brohoof 1

• 4 years later...

Register now to remove this ad.
On 2021-05-13 at 3:53 PM, Duskull said:

I don't know why but I signed onto an account with them, but I never really used it. The place seems like a giant scam and honestly I'm inclined to believe a majority of the profiles are fake.

Screw it dude. Imma try it. 

• Brohoof 1

No but I remember seeing the advertisements for it back in the day lol I wasn't aware it was still around

From what I've heard a lot of the girl profiles on the site are fake, and bots running those accounts will send you messages saying that their "interested" in you, but of course to actually reply to them you have to get a paid subscription- total scam, the site owners are just trying to get your money by having those bots send you messages to try and trick you, just really scummy stuff all around. 

In general it's just better to meet people at places like conventions or group meet ups or other stuff like that, many relationships that start on online dating sites don't usually end up lasting too long >_>  

Legit or not, its a scam.

Even dating sites in general, even if they are legit, are generally dangerous and unsafe, no matter what the commercials tell you.

Badges

• 2 weeks later...

I've been seeing ads for it for around the last five years. Nothing has really hit me to try it, especially because I've heard that there are an overwhelming amount of fake profiles on there.

On 2021-05-13 at 3:53 PM, Somebody that Exists said:

I don't know why but I signed onto an account with them, but I never really used it. The place seems like a giant scam and honestly I'm inclined to believe a majority of the profiles are fake.

Still getting emails from them and I'm getting really sick of it honestly, especially considering I'm not single and most of the profiles are clearly pretending to be women who I don't romantically want anyways.