Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Twilight's got a weird sense of humor

FlareGun45

I don't really get Twilight's sense of humor all the time. She smirks or gets annoyed everytime Pinkie, Spike, or Starlight kid around or say something sarcastic, but back in Suited for Success, she giggled when she said "don't look a gift horse in the mouth", which was probably the most cliche pun I've ever heard! XD <----- That laugh was for the irony, not because of the joke being any good. 

What do you think of Twilight's humor?

• Brohoof 2

It's a shame that she's lost this trait from season 1, but she used to be really sarcastic herself. She made me laugh a lot in Feeling Pinkie Keen when she said "Oh REALLY? Did your pinkie sense tell you that too?".

• Brohoof 1

"don't look a gift horse in the mouth", which was probably the most cliche pun I've ever heard!

Actually, that's an expression, not a pun.  A pun is a play on words like, "whinny you coming over?" or "the mane event", etc.

Edited by Mortar

Twilight thinks she's funny, at least that's what she said in "What About Discord?":

(Scene-stealing Spike's reaction is priceless. XD )

However, this harkens back to how she was in Season 1 - extremely caustic towards her friends. It seemed like every other scene she was getting annoyed with them or scolding them.

• Brohoof 1

I don't really get Twilight's sense of humor all the time. She smirks or gets annoyed everytime Pinkie, Spike, or Starlight kid around or say something sarcastic, but back in Suited for Success, she giggled when she said "don't look a gift horse in the mouth", which was probably the most cliche pun I've ever heard! XD <----- That laugh was for the irony, not because of the joke being any good. 

What do you think of Twilight's humor?

Actually, that's an expression, not a pun.  A pun is a play on words like, "whinny you coming over?" or "the mane event", etc.

Mortar's right, Sean. It's an expression that means don't find fault with something that has been received as a gift or favor. Sometimes, it pains me when people don't do simple research that can be answered in a simple Google search for meaning of sayings and expressions.

My friend and I thought the "pun" was funny AND fitting, as it fits the moral of "don't be too critical of something that someone work very hard on to make for you" and the fact that it's litteraly a horse character giving a gift.

Mortar's right, Sean. It's an expression that means don't find fault with something that has been received as a gift or favor. Sometimes, it pains me when people don't do simple research that can be answered in a simple Google search for meaning of sayings and expressions.

My friend and I thought the "pun" was funny AND fitting, as it fits the moral of "don't be too critical of something that someone work very hard on to make for you" and the fact that it's litteraly a horse character giving a gift.

Indeed, it wasn't even meant to be a joke, but personally I think it's funny because it makes you go like "but... they're horses" and it gets confusing when you try to think what it means in that world.

Indeed, it wasn't even meant to be a joke, but personally I think it's funny because it makes you go like "but... they're horses" and it gets confusing when you try to think what it means in that world.

I'm sorry, can you repeat that correction one more time? I don't think I heard ya! ;)

• Brohoof 1

The way i see it is Twilight is a bit... how do you say "out of touch" with these types of things...

It hasn't exactly been all that long since she was exposed to the "magic of friendship' and all the little nuances that come along with it. After isolating herself for the majority of her life in search of mass acquisition of knowledge, she's bound to be less learned in the science of things that require first hand experience, such as the social implications at hand. /)^3^(\

Edited by ChocolateCrane

Typical nerd.  Not as good as Leonard, better than Sheldon (Big Bang Theory)

I wouldn't really compare her to Sheldon, since many times Sheldon appreciates other people's jokes and comments. His jokes are mainly well thought. :pout:   I think Twilight should appreciate and tolerate other pony's remarks as well. In my opinion, she needs to have an episode only with Pinkie Pie, so she can learn to deal with her element: Laughter (essential to the Elements of Harmony).

Edited by Emerald Shine