Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Spike and the Remane Five's roles in the movie

FlareGun45

Now we know Twilight, Pinkie, Rainbow, AJ, Flutters, and Rarity are gonna go on an epic adventure, and hopefully the Mane Six would have a team effort in saving the day without it just being Twilight figuring everything out. However, it is shown in the logo and one of the teaser images that Spike is going along with the Mane Six, even though his name wasn't mentioned in any of the descriptions for some reason.

Now we know it's gonna be the Mane Six who are gonna be saving the day, and I have no complaints about that as long as it's a team effort; but if Spike is going along, hopefully he can prove to be super useful and not just there for the sake of being there, or being the punching bag character for that matter. I mean the only reason I'm afraid of this is because the movie was written around season 5, back when Spike wasn't treated very fairly. So I wanna see season 6 Spike in this movie, but without him doing too much, yunno to make things more fair with the Mane Six. Not too heroic, but not too "just being there". But I have complete confidence in Meghan!

What do the rest of you think about what his role might be like in the movie, and to add in, how about the Remane Five?

Edited by MegaSean45
  • Brohoof 2

I think spike should be a deuteragonist who is captured by the main villain then escapes to find twilight and has his own side adventure and make his own friends along the way

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

I am hoping that the rest of the mane six do get important things to contribute to the plot. But I am not sure if Spike will be more than comic relief.

Then why is he there? Why bother having him come along? If he's gonna go he's gotta do something awesome. Otherwise, don't even bother. I don't wanna see his character wasted like that in the movie of all places. But I know Meghan knows better, and season 6 proved otherwise for him.

Not saying he needs to be better than the Mane Six. But just don't bring back season post-season 2 / pre-season 6 Spike!

Edited by MegaSean45

Then why is he there? Why bother having him come along? If he's gonna go he's gotta do something awesome. Otherwise, don't even bother. I don't wanna see his character wasted like that in the movie of all places. But I know Meghan knows better, and season 6 proved otherwise for him.

Not saying he needs to be better than the Mane Six. But just don't bring back season post-season 2 / pre-season 6 Spike!

. I agree with you that I want to see Spike be useful and contribute to the plot in a positive way, but the movie having a 90 minute run time to juggle 7 main characters and any new ones introduced might lead to some of them not getting as much to do as others.

• 4 weeks later...

Well I know it's mostly gonna be alot of Mane Six moments in this movie! I can tell Skystar and Pinkie are really gonna get along! But I think I know what Spike's big part in the movie is gonna be!

He's mostly just going to be the assistant for most of the movie, but you know how Gubber is going to be the Storm King's minion? Well, I think Spike's gonna be the one to reform him, to share his assistant role to Gubber, and help him gain self-esteem! Then the Mane Six are gonna take care of the Storm King with... well I hope Rainbow power!

The problem is, there are so many characters in this movie, with the mane 6 and all those extra characters they cram into the movie.

I wouldn't get my hopes very high that Spike get anymore then be the Comedy relief character. It will be 90 minutes probably and you can only do so much with that time.

The problem is, there are so many characters in this movie, with the mane 6 and all those extra characters they cram into the movie.

I wouldn't get my hopes very high that Spike get anymore then be the Comedy relief character. It will be 90 minutes probably and you can only do so much with that time.

Come on! Meghan is better than that! She knows how to make ALL the main characters useful! And this is the MOVIE! Not just a simple episode, or even an EG movie! This is the big one! Meghan spent ALOT of time writing this! All of the six characters will get to do something very important in here! That's why I said Spike is gonna reform Gubber! That part is perfect for him! I mean after all he did in season 6 with reforming the misunderstood species, and not to mention Gubber is a minion to the Storm King! If Spike's going to do something useful in this movie, it would be that! While the Mane Six take care of the Storm King, and each Mane Six would have an advantage over a certain character they meet! That's just perfection right there! If Spike or any of the main cast aren't doing anything useful, then why are they there? What's the point? It would be a dumb move. And Meghan is a pro writer! I believe in her!

Edited by MegaSean45
  • Brohoof 1

Come on! Meghan is better than that! She knows how to make ALL the main characters useful! And this is the MOVIE! Not just a simple episode, or even an EG movie! This is the big one! Meghan spent ALOT of time writing this! All of the six characters will get to do something very important in here! That's why I said Spike is gonna reform Gubber! That part is perfect for him! I mean after all he did in season 6 with reforming the misunderstood species, and not to mention Gubber is a minion to the Storm King! If Spike's going to do something useful in this movie, it would be that! While the Mane Six take care of the Storm King, and each Mane Six would have an advantage over a certain character they meet! That's just perfection right there! If Spike or any of the main cast aren't doing anything useful, then why are they there? What's the point? It would be a dumb move. And Meghan is a pro writer! I believe in her!

Well, you also need build for reformations and alot of screentime for these and again, that's something that they most likely that they not have. It will mostly be about the main characters saving the day. It's very simple yes, but then again, we shouldn't expect lord of the rings here.

I for one don't expect anything from the movie, just like i do with the show. That way, i won't be dissapointed. If it's a decent movie, i can be happy.

I like to see AJ have some role in the movie since I consider has as the deuteragonist of the show, I don't want the show to turn into My Little Twilight where everything revolves around her, that wouldn't be very fun.

• Brohoof 1

What says it's 90 minutes? The more successful animated movies are often 100-105 minutes.

It said their voices bought their A-game. But that doesn't make me doubt that the characters won't have their A-game! ;)

VAS at their A-game=CHARACTERS at their A-game

It couldn't be otherwise.

Besides, I'm probably one of the few who is watching this MOVIE ESPECIALLY for them. The new characters are just some nice extras me. The Mane 6 are the MAIN reason I want to see this Movie so badly..... I've my reasons.... and you guys already know them.

Going to be honest, I don't expect much from the other 5.

This is a movie with a TON of new characters, and its going to be aimed heavily at bringing in the "Mainstream" crowd, I.E., random kids who've never seen MLP before. Its going to be trying to be as simplistic and open to newbies as possible. hence the plot is going to be a fairly simplistic "all new villain attacks, the mane six must seek out totally new people to stop them" plot instead of exploring pre-established lore or characters, in order to try and keep the Old fans on the same footing as new people to the franchise (so probably very low on Equestrian lore as well such as the EOH/Tree of harmony, Things like alicorns or whatnot, ect.)

As such, they're going to need to spend time both introducing and explaining the new characters AND pre-established characters. And twilight, as the central character, will take top priority in being fleshed out.
As such, I'm betting that the other 5 will function more or less just as very simplistic characteritures of themselves, just throwing out a very flat dump of them ("Here's rarity! SHE LIKES DRESSES! Here's Rainbow dash! SHE LIKES FLYING FAST. Here's Pinkie pie. SHE LIKES PARTIES! Ect.) and then being moved to the background to function as a Single entity that follows twilight around in order to allow her to bounce monologues and ideas off of.
This will preserve time for them to put focus on, and develop the new characters and twilight, so they can try and get their money's worthy out of the Celebrity VAs.

Going to be honest, I don't expect much from the other 5.

This is a movie with a TON of new characters, and its going to be aimed heavily at bringing in the "Mainstream" crowd, I.E., random kids who've never seen MLP before. Its going to be trying to be as simplistic and open to newbies as possible. hence the plot is going to be a fairly simplistic "all new villain attacks, the mane six must seek out totally new people to stop them" plot instead of exploring pre-established lore or characters, in order to try and keep the Old fans on the same footing as new people to the franchise (so probably very low on Equestrian lore as well such as the EOH/Tree of harmony, Things like alicorns or whatnot, ect.)

As such, they're going to need to spend time both introducing and explaining the new characters AND pre-established characters. And twilight, as the central character, will take top priority in being fleshed out.

As such, I'm betting that the other 5 will function more or less just as very simplistic characteritures of themselves, just throwing out a very flat dump of them ("Here's rarity! SHE LIKES DRESSES! Here's Rainbow dash! SHE LIKES FLYING FAST. Here's Pinkie pie. SHE LIKES PARTIES! Ect.) and then being moved to the background to function as a Single entity that follows twilight around in order to allow her to bounce monologues and ideas off of.

This will preserve time for them to put focus on, and develop the new characters and twilight, so they can try and get their money's worthy out of the Celebrity VAs.

I'm not disagreeing that it's possible, but this is a very dumb move on Hasbro's part. Not making every main cast besides Twilight have a very fulfilling role... I mean it could work on an episode or even an EG, but the movie itself, that sounds like a waste of a fully-well potential movie. It makes the "Friendship" in "Friendship is Magic" seem pointless. The episodes keep mentioning "we must work together", so let's hope the developers don't forget that.

Edited by MegaSean45

What says it's 90 minutes? The more successful animated movies are often 100-105 minutes.

Who says it's 100 minutes? All i am doing here is throwing numbers in the room.

So neither mine or your words are fact. Besides, we talk about 10 minutes here.