Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Favorite 'Free to Play' games

Kyoshi Frost Wolf

(edited)

I have a few games I'd like to mention here:

• Team Fortress 2. I played TF2 for a few years on and off and I cherish the memories I have with it, even including fairly recent ones like when I played Pyro Shark for 3 hours on a 2Fort server :ButtercupLaugh: The game lacks in no place aside from actual attention from Valve (and the balancing isn't really perfect) and it's really showing that even with now 4 years without a major update that people still flock to this game even now.
  • Paladins: Champions of the Realm. I'd say this game is a decent ways away from being as good as TF2, but I keep being drawn to the (unfortunately less than before) amount of depth this game offers. Even if I don't necessarily like certain aspects of the game (like its meta right now and its community of uhhh not entirely great people), I still find it fundamentally a well-designed games even with its flaws.
  • I can also technically count Pokemon Uranium here as well since it is indeed a free download. It's by far the best fan game I've seen for Pokemon. It has a significantly better and darker story than most of the mainline games, interesting fake mons, a solid region design... I'd say it's not as good as like Black and White 2 and Platinum, but other than that, it's honestly the best mainline-sort of pokemon game there is.
Edited by Duskull

• 2 weeks later...

I used to like playing Identity V but got burn-out from it, and the community there sucks. Genshin Impact is good but it does get boring once and while.  But I'm really into Dead By Daylight now. 

• 2 years later...

TF2 for sure. I put so many hours into that game way back when. I don't play it nearly as often as I used to, but I still love hopping in occasionally and playing a few rounds.

• 1 month later...

VRChat is the current thing I've been interested in at the moment. I don't consider it as "playing a game" per se, more as messing around with VR in general.

• 4 weeks later...

Probably put more time into Transformers Forged to Fight than I'd like to admit.

Writing was surprisingly top notch though

7F8EED03-D312-4E6B-B291-D4806593C906.jpeg

1D05C257-2AAA-4AFE-B473-822AED0CFF33.jpeg

Originally closed down early this year, but Netflix decided to bring it back and removed all the micros. Unfortunately they cut all they Bayformers characters which sucks because I still wanted Sideswipe and Crosshairs

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Well I use to love perfect world but I got hacked or something and all my characters were deleted and it brings back sad memories or a friend to so I  just kinda stoped playing but it was a good one I don’t know how much it’s changed though.

i loved toon town and played for a long long time. It was just goofy (;)) and ridiculous and I loved it. I started  Toontown rewritten now though and it’s even better though cus now it’s 100% free. 

I don’t do it a lot but sometimes I play fallout 76 on my steam deck but it just feels weird and very off for a fallout game to me. I wish I could play it in single player mode. 

oh and I haven’t played it in a while but I love team fortress 2. Oh and wario ware mods and pony servers ware gon to on there.

I don’t play many multiplayer game on steam becuse all I don’t like pker soon as I start and before I even understand what dose this and that. I’m a slow learner with some kinds. 

I played a lot of pc mmorpg and stuff way back in the day and I played for a while to see if I liked them but so many were same game with difrent graphics and I got sick of em and just kinda gave up. 

• 1 month later...

Silent Hill: The Short Message is my new favorite free-to-play game. As much as I enjoy my free-to-play Yu-Gi-Oh! games...wow. This is what Silent Hill: Ascension should've been. No microtransactions, no lame gimmicks, no laughably cringe fanservice, just an honest-to-goodness effort at trying to bring Silent Hill into a modern setting with a well-written, wholesome, and highly relatable story. Like a lot of people, I utterly despised that photo maze towards the end, but even as someone who's not an interactive movie game kind of guy, I'm in full support of more Silent Hill games doing what this game nailed down. Stunned at how we got something this good for free. Even as someone who isn't even really bothered by microtransactions unless they're honestly intrusive, I do find generosity like this to be a breath of fresh air. 

- The Sims 4 (PS4, Windows, macOS)

- Fall Guys (PS4, Switch)

- Rocket League (PS4)

- Hatsune Miku Future Tone (PS4)

- Pinball Arcade (PS4, macOS, Windows, Switch)

- Pinball FX (PS4)

Used to be Dragalia Lost, due to constant updates and hearing horses, but got struck with EOS :sunny:.

Had fun with Pocket Ponies, but after finishing all challenges, I find little point in logging in for daily stuff to get a handful of gems and get my remaining horses

Currently I’m playing Fire Emblem Heroes, and MLP Magical Princess. I play FEH casually, only getting to end game challenges because I happen to possess a disgustingly broken set of characters, and ponies because thanks to some accessible gem-producing shops and horses makes the monetization far more tolerable. It takes me a few weeks to gather a thousand gems