Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

About The Modern Gaming Community

Mast. Equestos/Gigas

Note: Hey guys this is an opinion just like the title says and I am using sarcasm on my opinion to entertain others. Warning this will trigger anyone who is within the idiotic masses of the gaming community. Sorry, that is how I roll! 

So, enjoy! :)

Now then, on with the topic! Onto explaining why the gaming community is a joke! 

So, the reason is that we have people who think they are someone special when they get the game on launch date. Clearly they are not and making themselves look more of an idiotic sheep. Just wait for the game to be reviewed and do not get the freakin pre-order for gosh sake.

Especially the DLC, which is the cancer towards gaming. Why, well is the idiotic masses that keep on getting games on launch date. Camping outside and just begging to get robbed.

Even the young parents are the ultimate reason why franchises like Call of Duty sucks right now and is boring. Especially the Resident Evil series that went from being horror to action based shooter. From who, well the westerners that the developers listen too.

Not the original consumers that like the classic horror/thrills that games like Dead Space and other good indie horror games have (Except the ones with jump scares they suck).

The reason why I quit my hobby and gaming is a hobby, not a job. That Youtubers say it is, cause they make you think its hard work. Which it isn't, anyone can take Pewdiepies or Markipliers place and do just as fine as they do.

Sorry I have an opinion about them. I had to get this off my chest and if you like those Youtubers, welp sorry. Thats how the cookie crumbles, more like the gaming community is and most of the Youtubers that promote from drama by flip flopping and giving misinformation. 

I have a channel and all there are is liked videos I have from certain Youtubers that have common sense. Unlike Angry Joe who said he is going to take the company Nintendo to court about Mario Kart and some other games. 

Yet I mention on the lies that people on Youtube talk about on gaming being dead and social media. Which it isn't and they are making things even more ignorant on gaming.

So, maybe from me to you. I say that every gamer should buckle down and not get the game on launch date, even freaking pre-order it. For goodness sake, why waste more money on a game that you don't know that is not good. 

Let alone being half baked. Gamers today focus more on graphics and less on the function of the game itself. That has become a big thing in gaming and so has digital download and why is this acceptable by you ignorant gamers in the gaming freaking community?

Do you guys recall the time when you go into the game store. Pick a game to own or rent. Pay the cashier and go home to enjoy it. We didn't have to put with nonsense suck as putting another 40 or more for add-ons/weapon packs.

Then I have someone telling me that gaming is getting better with the VR headset which in my opinion is not necessary to buy. If you want to get it fine. Just don't go out there and wait in line for the new game that is coming out.

Just wait for the reviews to come. If its good with the mechanics, there is no bugs/glitches , and looks then by all means rent or buy the game.

Then if you play it and functions well. Then enjoy it. Yet still we have these nerds on Youtube in the comment section going. 

"Well I bought it first and I feel like I am not getting something. So I have to get on the internet and complain.  *Mimics key board typing* MOM!MOM! This game isn't what it was suppose to be like they said MOM! IT BS! ITS BS!!" 

Ha ha ha ha. Are you freaking joking me! XD 

• Brohoof 1

The worst problem in gaming is people thinking they can tell other people what to do with their money. If someone's hyped enough to preorder a game and buy DLC for it, let them. They like what they expect to get enough to drop the dough for it. If you don't, don't buy this stuff. Handle your own purchasing decisions

• Brohoof 1

I don't think pre-ordering a game that one is excited for is an issue honestly. Now, I definitely don't like the idea of pre-ordering a season pass, but I simply hate season passes in general. Personally wish those would die off, same with annual releases. The real issue with gaming are companies who are greedy and people who allow them to be so.

• Brohoof 2

Some times I wish I lived in my own little bubble when it came to gaming. I think what bothers me the most is how gamers constantly complain about games(games they sometimes don't even play themselves). It's like okay, cool, you don't like those games then play what you like. I don't like Call of Duty, but I don't feel the need to constantly rip the game or its fans. I just play the games I enjoy and I move on. 

And in regards to buying games at launch date, I think some competitive games benefit from this. For example, fighting games. At release the community is larger and you are more likely to find someone to play with who is at the same level you are. If you were trying to jump into this game later on you are much more likely to be put against someone who is much more experienced than you are(someone who has probably been playing the game since it launched).

Also, not everyone bases their decisions off of reviews. 

• Brohoof 1

I've posted this once before, but I think it's worth reposting.

Today's gaming industry as a whole is not so good.

Sure, there are some true masterpieces around, but in a sea of crap. And by "crap", I mean all the pre-orders, Day 1 DLC, content from games that are stripped out and later re-sold as DLC, and yearly releases that have almost no changes to the game mechanic (Call of Duty is the perfect example). While I am a PC gamer, I used to be heavily vested in the consoles, specifically Playstation. It's because of the current consoles that I moved to PC. I was tired of having games that didn't look or run as good as they could because of woefully underpowered hardware. Also, having to pay to play online after the PS3 didn't require is really shitty.

I know exactly what is the root of this: Fanboys.

Fanboys are the ones who pre-order games based on an announcement or a tarted up launch trailer at E3, or buy them Day 1 without even waiting for reviews. (I will admit to being guilty of this.) Fanboys go around "supporting" one company or another because they have developed some kind of emotional attachment to a big corporation who only cares about getting their hard-earned dollar. Fanboys are the ones who defend shitty business practices, like paying to play online, or even a price hike for said pay-walls. Fanboys spread lies and misconception as fact. Fanboys want to see their competition "die off" without realizing that competition in the market is the only reason there even is any changes to hardware or software.

I know this didn't talk about games specifically, but my point is that publishers like Activision, EA, Konami, Ubisoft, Square Enix, etc. are not the reason why they operate as shitstains in today's gaming industry. It's the fanboys who defend and buy into these practices that gives these companies further incentive to do it. I've said this time and time again; the consumer is the reason why the gaming industry is in the toilet. There are good companies who deserve your money because of good business practices, but a lot do not.

The consumer has ultimate control, but we went down that path and I don't see it getting any better any time soon. If anything, it will only get worse.

• Brohoof 1

• 4 years later...

I only play video games with my friends and I normally avoid interactions with other players. It's worth noting though that there are some nice players out there in the modern gaming communities, it's just that the toxic players stick out far more than the nice ones do.