Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

web Any non/retired bronies that use this site?

CosmicHooves

I originally joined this site and used it for a year as a brony originally.

As my interests shifted, I stopped watching the show and eventually stopped talking about it all together.

However, I still use this site do to it's active community, and post on non-mlp related forum categories.

Are there any others who use this site for it's community alone?

• Brohoof 1

While I wouldn't say I stopped watching the show, this past season hasn't done itself any favors in my eyes. When there are so many shows that are doing the engaging cartoons that adults can enjoy game better than mlp right now and mlp itself is losing steam it definitely is making me think that my full blown brony days are numbered. This is alright though, I'll probably poke my head into this site even if season 7 turns out to be woefully disappointing. 

• Brohoof 1

Hi, ! Since your thread's focus is on a website, I scooted it next door into Media Discussion. I've also given it the "Web" prefix for categorization purposes. :)

To answer your question, I used to be a pretty big fan of the show when I first joined this site. My interest in FiM has since declined, but I absolutely love this community, which is why I'll be here even if I were to quit Pony altogether! :)

Like others have said, I don't label myself as brony/pegasister, nor do I believe I ever have in the past. :rarity:

• Brohoof 1

I have never been a 'Brony'. My interest in FiM peaked somewhere after I joined this site... 2012 - 2014? The last season was where I really found myself just going through the motions watching the episodes, and to be honest, I can only vaguely remember a couple of episodes from the last season.

So I was never a Brony and my interest in the show has dropped.

I wouldn't consider myself a "Brony".....even though it's literally in my name, but still please don't call me a Brony. I don't know, it's maybe to a part because I don't like the name, but I also don't think that I'am gong to watch season 7. When I watched the show lately, I always had kind of a cringe feeling during the whole episodes, because there are so many moments in there where I can see that the show really wasn't geared towards me.

But still like to draw MlP ponies, because they're so cute ^-^

I haven't actually watched the show or anything related since season 4. I don't honestly care that much. I'll probably get around to it eventually but I simply don't have the time for MLP. I have too many other things to do.

When I first discovered MLP FIM I was seriously addicted. I still love the show and watch every episode and every EqG movie. I may not be quite as rabid a fan as I once was, but I still love the show and I enjoy talking about it, even though 99% of my posts on this site seem to be under General Discussion. So I guess I like the community of fans and talking in general, with far less emphasis on talking specifically about the show itself. :twi:

• Brohoof 2

I never called myself a brony, and found myself more and more distant from the show the past couple years, and I don't really know why. I just seemed to lose interest in the show but haven't ever given up on the characters.

I would probably consider myself to be a Brony but I'm not really involved in the Fandom much and I have not kept up with Season 6 that well.  I participate in Pony discussions sometimes but most of the time it's off topic because this community is awesome!  I tend to do the same thing on other forums were I go to the off topic sections because it is interesting to see how they vary in different communities.

I guess you could call me retired. I stopped watching the show in early season 4; I've kept telling myself I'll catch up, but I've procrastinated for years at this point. I've seen some of the "important" parts of seasons 5 and 6, but yeah, I'm admittingly here mostly because of the active community and I suppose a strange brew of nostalgia and tradition.

I could say I'm "semi-retired", I still follow some of the fanart and I'll watch the new episodes, and I still have a lot of friends in the fandom, but my overall honeymoon with this show is over. I don't come here to discuss the show all that much anymore, I'm here more for the media discussion and other sections now and occasionally to reminisce over simpler times.

I wouldn't say I'm really retired, but I haven't seen up past ep 101 of the show and I haven't really felt the need to keep watching. I might watch it eventually and I still have huge love for the fandom so I'd still identify as a brony :P

I stopped watching the show very long time ago, now I stick here only, because people are still nice and overall it's a fun place. But overall... I moved on to other shows ^^

But still being in fandom for a while was fun and I made great friends when being a part of it. So... do I regret being a brony? Not at all :v 

Im a retired Brony, since i shifted to Dc Comics a year back.

But i already stopped watching the Series like 2-3 years ago.

Im still here though, because i like it here.

Lol, I actually shifted to the same thing around the same amount of time ago. Funny how that works.

• Brohoof 1

• 4 years later...