Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Your most badly underrated ships.

KillerKingBakudan

I mentioned these two in a different thread, but I'm gonna post them again here. 

VinyDash/RainbowScratch

post-30713-0-68285600-1485695848.png

Octarity/Raritavia

post-30713-0-45427500-1485695857.png

With so many similarities, you'd think people would be talking these ships up more. I know that Rainbow Dash and Rarity have been popular matches for Applejack, but really, not everyone favors inter-Mane Six ships. These two pairings should be obvious for that segment of bronies, yet it rarely crosses anyone's mind. Why?

And lastly, FlutterHugger:

post-30713-0-40570900-1485696147_thumb.png

This is probably the only one since FlashLight that's been rooted in bitter hate toward the one paired with a Mane Six pony. And I find that incredibly depressing because I like Tree Hugger. She's not necessarily one of my favorites, but at the same time, I don't understand why people keep trashing her. She's still a good friend for Fluttershy regardless of what anyone thinks, and I don't see why they couldn't take their relationship further. 

• Brohoof 2

I don't really ship FlashLight, and I don't think it was handled all that well, but I do have to admit that I find to be a bit overhated.

Especially when the ship between Big Macintosh and Marble Pie has pretty much everything that people hate about that ship, and has even less substance, but somehow manages to become super popular, only because it's "cute".

• Brohoof 2

Thunderlane/Octavia and Twilight/Sunburst both appeal to me in a way, despite the relative lack of content to go with them.

Twiburst seems like it'd actually work out pretty well, so I'm very surprised so few have attempted it thus far. They're both bookish, bright ponies who studied at Celestia's School for Gifted Unicorns and have deep knowledge of magic. He works for her brother and is an old friend of her protege, so there would be a lot of opportunity for them to be near each other on a semi-regular basis. I could easily see her trying to tutor him to improve his magic, too, and there being a relationship blooming from that. It's a shipping goldmine.

Thunderlane and Octavia has no rational basis whatsoever. I just think they'd be cute together.  :-P

Edited by BlueStreak98

-Flim/Flam

The only incest ship I like. I've seen only 6 drawings of this pair, and no fanfics.

-Trenderhoof/Blueblood

Literally 2 drawings of this exist.

I don't really ship FlashLight, and I don't think it was handled all that well, but I do have to admit that I find to be a bit overhated.

Especially when the ship between Big Macintosh and Marble Pie has pretty much everything that people hate about that ship, and has even less substance, but somehow manages to become super popular, only because it's "cute".

Flash was created solely to be the dream boyfriend for Twilight without justification. Marble was made to be a real character, albeit a minor one. At least she has something in common with Big Mac. What do Flash and Twilight share? Absolutely nothing. You can never hate that ship too much.

• Brohoof 2

Twilight Sparkle and Sunset Shimmer.

Just byotiful.

>Sunlight

>literally getting more art and fic than EVERY long standing mane six ship these days

>underrated

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAH HHAHAHAHAHAHHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

• Brohoof 1

I can't believe I forgot about Zecora. People rarely ship her, and when they do, they give her a match that doesn't make any sense (I don't get why anyone thinks Big Mac would suit her at all).

So I'm sure I must be the only one who's thought of ZeLuna. It's perfect.

post-30713-0-56114900-1486460994.png

That got me thinking about zorses too. Rare as they are, they make awesome crossbred horses.

post-30713-0-04741600-1486540091.jpg

So if these two could somehow have fillies by way of magical reproduction, the design possibilities would be astounding.

post-30713-0-85008300-1486540107.png post-30713-0-68286300-1486540098.png

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 years later...
  • 3 months later...

DiamondGlow (Diamond Tiara x Cozy Glow) this ship is often overshadowed by CozyHeart (Cozy Glow x Flurry Heart) and many Diamond Tiara ships, I think that Diamond Tiara could help Cozy Glow reform, because of her past of being a manipulative bully and because both of their cutie marks could be misinterpreted (Diamond Tiara for a long time didn't know that she was meant to be a leader and just thought her cutie mark meant that she could just boss everybody around) and I can see Cozy having similar insecurities with her cutie mark (considering what rooks represent).