Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What do you call the device you use to change the TV channels?

Miles

I'm from Florida and we call it the "remote control" or just "the remote" and honestly that's the only word I've heard used for it. 

• Brohoof 1

My grandparents on my mom's side call it the changer, and my grandparents on my dad's side call it the controls or the remote. I call it the remote as well.

when i was young, me and my siblings were used for that purpose so it went like "x / y, go change the channel"
later, we called it tele-control

In my house, we call it the “controller”. We rarely ever use the word “remote control” or just “remote”. I don’t know if that’s a Midwest thing or what XD

I call it a remote. My grandmother called it a clicker though. I think from now on I'll call it an infrared ray projecting space modulator. 

(Said in a perfect impression of Marvin the Martian)

Spoiler

• Brohoof 1

“The clicker” or should that evade me, the thing accompanied by a lot of hand flourishes towards the fan, because gotcha, I don’t use a tv clicker. I do use one for the fan though.

Uh... well, I didn't grow up with one, so I don't really have anything that I call it specifically. :P

I dunno, I suppose I'd call it a "remote controller", or "remote" for short, but... meh. x3

• 6 months later...

People where I live call it a remote or remote controller, but I usually call it a clicker. In hindsight, it’s a weird nickname, but reading these, I’m glad I’m not the only one. 

• Brohoof 1