Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do You Have An Accent?

Lucky Bolt

I used to have a southern accent, but it was so slight that it definitely could have changed by now. I haven't really spent time around someone else with a southern accent since high school. Accents can change in that time.

• Brohoof 1

English. I have a weird northern Mancunian, central England accent hybrid thanks to moving from Manchester at a young age to Blackpool. I don't pronounce O sounds as Os. For example my pronunciation on "Book" is a lot closer to "bUk" and my pronunciation on "cup" is a LOT more pronounced. The U is much harsher and louder sounding.

• Brohoof 1

6 minutes ago, Handsome Changeling said:

English. I have a weird northern Mancunian, central England accent hybrid thanks to moving from Manchester at a young age to Blackpool. I don't pronounce O sounds as Os. For example my pronunciation on "Book" is a lot closer to "bUk" and my pronunciation on "cup" is a LOT more pronounced. The U is much harsher and louder sounding.

I love those accents :yay:

(edited)

Kind of a bit of a mix of North West English accents, I live in and was brought up in Cumbria but don't really have the local accent, my parents are from Liverpool so there's a bit of Scouse mixed in there too.

Edited by Rainbow Cloud
  • Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I can't think of specific term to describe my accent:huh:

It's like opposite to Russian accent, too "soft" with unnecessary "th" sounds. Never really practiced my speaking outside of school though

• Brohoof 3

• 9 months later...

Unfortunately yes, a Northern English one. I hate it.

For example I pronounce 'my' as 'me' in most cases. Doesn't get worse than that!

Probably what most people outside of England would think of as a "standard English accent", and what's probably best described in England as a 'Home Counties' accent (i.e. originating broadly from all the counties of England that border London)

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I'm told by English speaking folks that I have a very strong and sexy accent UwU meanwhile I don't think I have an accent at all actually. That accent being an Icelandic accent, southern so there are obviously a lot of very strong pronunciations as English is a soft language while Icelandic is opposite of that very hard spoken language. English does not feel natural to speak it sounds submissive while Icelandic is dominant. Therefore I speak English that way as well making me sound as I do OwO. I'm told I have a very strong voice and have competed in giving speeches and reading poems one teacher told me I have a magnificently strong voice and that I'm great at speaking that is. So yes I like it.

Edited by Fluttershyfan94
  • Brohoof 1

a kinda posh glaswegian accent (I grew up in a working class area)

On 2021-07-01 at 8:24 PM, Ocean Breeze said:

I have kind of a southern accent, being from Texas and all.

And my best friend loves playfully teasing me for it all the time. :blush:

your voice probably sounds great, (you can tell I like the southern accent uwu)

On 2021-07-01 at 9:39 PM, schizo said:

Unfortunately yes, a Northern English one. I hate it.

For example I pronounce 'my' as 'me' in most cases. Doesn't get worse than that!

what kind of northern english? yorkshire? scouse? mancurian? (just curious)

7 hours ago, Fluttershyfan94 said:

I'm told by English speaking folks that I have a very strong and sexy accent UwU meanwhile I don't think I have an accent at all actually. That accent being an Icelandic accent, southern so there are obviously a lot of very strong pronunciations as English is a soft language while Icelandic is opposite of that very hard spoken language. English does not feel natural to speak it sounds submissive while Icelandic is dominant. Therefore I speak English that way as well making me sound as I do OwO. I'm told I have a very strong voice and have competed in giving speeches and reading poems one teacher told me I have a magnificently strong voice and that I'm great at speaking that is. So yes I like it.

uwu, icelandic accent is nice owo

(edited)
On 2021-07-05 at 6:42 PM, The Hawks Simp said:

what kind of northern english? yorkshire? scouse? mancurian? (just curious)

Edited by schizo
  • Brohoof 1

I grew up with a Latvian mother teaching me both Latvian and English but her English was never perfect. I pronounced my Vs as Ws for a very long time because it was hard for her to pronounce a V in English correctly. Some Ss were pronounced as Zs due to the way we pronounce some words in Latvian. While I like to think I speak perfect English now, these days I hardly speak English out loud compared to how often I type it, so those old habits come back to me from time to time over phone calls and things like that. I live in Riga, and many of the Northern parts of the country can come off as somewhat Italian-sounding to people who not know the difference. My English can have this kind of 'flavor' to it sometimes.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 months later...

I spent most of my life in Oklahoma so I probably have an accent I think, since we moved out of America its alot different to others in thi country :crackle:

My parents both have quite thick Polish accents so part of that probs mixes in to 🤔

@ExplosionMare

Your a murican, what do u think does Oklahoma have much of an accent?  X3

• Brohoof 2