Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private The Flight of Fire (1x1, Nightmare Season)

Props Valroa

Aquarius was wandering around in the Everfree forest, He has spotted a cave. "Curious..." He says, noticing that somepony has been here recently. His mane flowing in the wind as he steps on into the cave. He mumbles to himself as he enters this strange cave. Noticing the gems. 

• Brohoof 1

@,

Nightmare Season was wondering about in the Everfree forest. He left his little grove he had turned into a home to get a little bit of exploring in. He wanted to see what was around his little hide away from the rest of the world. A good ways away from his little cave home he discovered another cave. This one was a bit larger than his little one. He decided to find out what was inside. As he entered the cave. There was a rock with moss on it that caused him to slip. He got up and looked around. There were a few gems in the walls, Nothing he really needed. He walked further in.

He walked deep inside. Since his mane and tail were fire. He did not need any light from any lantern or spell. These times it was good to be a nightmare pony. A good ways down into the cave, he came across an underground water fall that found its way through the rocks and plummeted down a small chasm. It was actually a nice view. So he decided to lay down and watch it before he continued his exploring.

• Brohoof 1

@@Nightmare Season,

Aquarius was to busy looking at the gems to notice Nightmare Season enter and he tripped over a rock. His right leg was cut by a rock as he fell. Blood started gushing down his leg. "Help!" He yells from within the cave. His yell echoing throughout the cave. He is starting to get a bit frantic. 

• Brohoof 1

@,

Nightmare heard a noise then a scream for help. He gave a sigh. So much for his quiet time with the water fall. He got up and walked in the direction he heard the calls for help coming from. As he approached the entrance. He noticed an alicorn on the cave floor. Aquarius noticed a light coming from deeper in the cave. Thinking it was some pony that could help him out.

• Brohoof 1

@@Nightmare Season,

Aquarius's deep blue eyes lock onto the light and he inches forward, pathetically at that. "I'm over here!" ​Aquarius yells frantically. Looking at his wound, it is bleeding heavily. His flowing mane is starting to loose its glow and flow as the blood of the alicorn leaves his body. Blood is what 'powers' him so to speak. 

• Brohoof 1

@,

Nightmare walked over to the injured Alicorn. Seeing his leg bleeding. Without really asking this strange pony for permission, Nightmare pulled out some bandages from his saddle bags and herbs. He patched up the wound best he could. At least the bleeding had stopped. When he finished he spoke to the alicorn. "You know it is not really safe in these woods. Many things are out to get ponies here. At least the worst happened this time was a cut from a rock." He looked down at the alicorn inspecting his patched leg.

• Brohoof 1

@@Nightmare Season,

Aquarious sheepishly nods. Looking down at the patched wound. "Then what brings you out here? What... even are you?" He asks, standing up and wincing in pain of the cut. "I've heard legends about this place... I wanted to see if it was really true... Now I know it is..." He says calmly. Nightmare notices his cutie mark.

• Brohoof 1

@,

Nightmare watched as he stood up. He wanted to make sure he could put weight on his injured leg. "I've come to live in these woods. A nice place that keeps me hidden from the ponies. My kind is not to well loved. We are called monsters and sometimes hunted down. I came from a land of shifting sands far to the South. I left home for a few reasons. As for what I am, I am known as a nightmare pony. A pretty rare type of pony." He walked closer to the exit of the cave. "Are you able to walk and find your way out? An injured pony in these woods is quickly preyed upon. Also, all legends are based off of some kind of truth. Not a good idea to go looking into unless you are prepared to find it."

@@Nightmare Season,

Aquarious nods and glances at his cutie mark. "You have an interesting cutie mark... Probably not to answer your question. I have no where else to go to. I am an Alicorn but not like the ones called Celestia and Luna... Who rule... I don't." He says rather shyly but calm. 

• Brohoof 1

@,

He shrugs at his comment about not ruling like the alicorn sisters. "Where I come from, the ruler is usually a true born Nightmare." Nightmare thought for a spell. When he made up his mind he turned back to the alicorn. "If you need a place to stay, I guess you can come to my little place in these woods. It's not much, but home is what you make of it." He led the alicorn out of the cave. He was a perfect light source after all.

@@Nightmare Season,

Aquarius nods. "What is your cutie mark there? Seems like some sorta season thing..." He says to Nightmare Season, limping out of the cave. Today was going to be a different day than most, that is for sure. Meeting some strange Nightmare pony is something he would have expected to happen only in a dream. 

@,

"I guess you can say it represents changes. What I like to do is always changing. My skills are always changing like the seasons. Though like the seasons, they always come back around eventually. The tree represents my love for nature. So there really is not much meaning behind it." Nightmare led Aquarius out of the cave. It was still around noon with the sun high in the sky.

He looked back at the limping pony. "Will you be okay from here? Or do you need help?"

• Brohoof 1

@@Nightmare Season,

Aquarious nods. "I think I'll be fine...  Thank you. My name is Aquarius. I come from beyond the so called Equestria." Aquarius saids as he limps, following Nightmare Season. He squints as he looks up at the sun. Nightmare spots his cutie mark as they walk. A sort of combination between Moon and Sun.

• Brohoof 1

@,

"You can come to my place to rest up some before you take off. Best to not run around here with a fresh wound." He looked back at the alicorn to make sure he could manage the walk. "It is a ways deeper into the forest, but it is at least safe for you to heal up at."

Nightmare Season led the way. Twisting and turning in the woods. He stopped a few times to allow him to rest up before they continued the walk to his home. After about half an hour, Nightmare had led Aquarious to what looked like a wall of brambles. With some work he had moved enough of them away to allow the two to pass. On the other side was a small grove with a stream running through it. There was a cave entrance in a cliff face with beautiful flower vines dangling over the opening like a door. Off to one side was a small vegetable garden that was growing. Along one side of the bramble wall was a few fruit trees. A nice little spot of heaven within the dark forest. The sun was shining down upon the area to give it good lighting.

"This here is my little patch of home. Oh, I am called Nightmare Season by the way."

@@Nightmare Season,

Aqaurius follows Nightmare Season as he takes him to his house. "Did you make this area?" Aquarius asks. His mane is starting to bounce back to its original brightness, the bleeding has stopped. Thankfully. The wound still hurts though. It will take days to heal, perhaps weeks. 

• Brohoof 1

@,

"I made the garden and cleared away a few bushes here and there, But most of it was here before I came. You can help yourself to anything in the garden to eat or the fruit trees." Nightmare told him as he walked over to the stream to get a drink of water. "So tell me, What is it you want to do? Want me to lead you out of the forest or do you want to rest here a day or two till your leg heals up?"

@@Nightmare Season,

Aquarious nods. "I will rest here for a while. I'm not ready to walk out of this forest yet and to be honest I have literally no where else to go." He says, getting a drink out of the steam. Refreshing. He can still feel the wound on his leg pounding though. His mane flows slowly.

• Brohoof 1

@,

As his alicorn guest was getting a drink of water from the stream, Nightmare went over to his garden and poked around it looking for rip vegetables. As he was pulling out a few, Aquarious came over to find out what he was doing. Nightmare decided to ask him a few things.

"So you said you have no place to actually go to? What do you mean by that?" Nightmare listened to his answer then replied, "You may stay here till you feel you can be safe on your own again. But try not to cut your leg on rocks again."

(edited)

@@Nightmare Season

He sighs. "Because of This!" He yells, but not quite. In a flash of Green flames Nightmare notices he now has Chrysalis like eyes and changeling wings. Something which he didn't notice before. "This is my true form. Everywhere I go, everyone just kicks me out because I have the eyes of Chrysalis and I have wings like her. I just hope you won't do the same like countless others have done so far..." He says in a rather sad tone, backing away from Nightmare just a bit. His energy for holding up the disguise was already fading.

He still has his cutie mark, his coat color, his flowing mane and everything except his  ocean blue eyes and his regular Alicorn wings.

Edited by NightMare Star.
  • Brohoof 1

@,

Nightmare look at him questioningly. He had not seen a changeling before, nor heard of Chrysalis. He simple shrugged as a reaction. "Well....I do not have a clue what you are talking about. I for one everywhere I have been, I had usually been chased away from ponies trying to kill me. So, Guess we are similar in some regards." Nightmare stood up from picking his vegetables and placed them in a basket. "Care to join me inside as I put these away?

Nightmare led the changeling into the cave. Passing through the vines covered in flowers that gave off a sweet aroma. The enterance was nothing special, but down a small hall it opened up into a cavern that had sun light peeking through a few holes in the celing allowing grass and flowers to grow in patches on the floor. In the center was a strange tree Aquarius had never seen before. The cavern opened up into three other passages. "I will take these to storage, want to wait here for a bit?" Nightmare asked him as he went into the middle tunnel.

@@Nightmare Season,

Aquarius is rather dumbfounded at Nightmare's reaction. Is he really this isolated? How does he not know who Chrysalis is? "I'll wait. And when you get back. We have a LONG talk to do about Changelings and Chrysalis, alright? Man you are so behind on society..." He says, sitting down.

He observes the tree and the things about it. The thoughts about this talk are going through his mind, Nightmare is going to be in for a long story.

• Brohoof 1

@,

Nightmare Season took his basket with fresh food in it to the storage room. Though it was still just another area of the cave, he turned it into a room. When he came back to the main hall, he spotted Aquarius looking at the tree. "That is a dream root tree. The roots is what I eat to satisfy my cravings for dreams." He walked over to a nice patch of grass and flowers groing and laid down.

"So....you want to tell me about your kind I take it? I have the time." He told him as he made himself comfortable to listen.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@@Nightmare Season,

He sighs and nods. "Changelings are like ponies. Have holes in legs, dark insect like skin, wings and horn, insect like wings that buzz like bee's wings. Pale blue eyes, just all pale blue. They are able to siphon love from a pony, and shapeshif The more they steal, the more powerful they become. They live in hives, the most notable is Queen Chrysalis's hive. She is tall, like Celestia. Changelings don't have cutie marks and are incapable of feeling love so they have to steal it. So Chrysalis.... She is manipulative, a lier, a schemer, and all that. But she isn't evil. She does what she has to do for the hive to survive. Even if that means taking the form of Cadence and having the changelings attack Canterlot which happened. They then got blasted away. Thats basically the gist." He says calmly.

Edited by NightMare Star.

@,

Nightmare Season listened to the him speak about the Changelings. "Sounds a lot like my kind actually. But instead of feeding on love, we feed on dreams. Are you a changeling, or you just look like them in your wings and eyes?" He listened to him some more.

When he finished, Nightmare got up. "Think i will make some little something to eat. Care to join me in the kitchen?" He pointed in the direction of the left most path in the cave. "You can find the table in there to sit down and wait till I get something prepared." With that, Nightmare went back to his storage area to pull a different variety of vegetables. As he went to his kitchen he saw his company at the table.

The kitchen was also a separate area of the cave. just about the right size to house a kitchen. Though there was no electricity in the cave. So there was no refrigerator. There was a few very old pots and pans laying around. The stove looked to have been carved out of a piece of stone. Nightmare filled it with wood. He lit the fire by pointing his horn at it, and fire shot out from him to the wood. The table was also just smooth stone that been cut away to form the table and chairs.

"You interested in a stir fry or stew?" Nightmare asked his guest.

@@Nightmare Season,

Aquarius follows him into the kitchen and he sits down at one of the chairs in the kitchen. "Well, its my eyes and wings. Everything else is Alicorn. Yeah, I would say that I am interested. Do you know of Celestia and Luna?" He asks Nightmare. He is unsure if Nightmare knows about them as well. He checks out his bandage, the bleeding has stopped by now and the pain has calmed down. But he can still feel it.