Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private The Flight of Fire (1x1, Nightmare Season)

Props Valroa

@,

Nightmare looked at him questioningly. He had asked if he wanted stir fry or a stew. He really did not get his answer so he decided a stew. As he loaded up a pot with all the goodies and water from a barrel, he continued his discussion with this pony. "I have heard of them from passer byes. Do I know them, no. As much as I know is that they are the rulers of this land. My own country we currently don't have a ruler. My family was wanting me to become the sultan, the ruler is what we call him. I fled and wound up here."

He finished adding the ingredients, and went over to sit at the table with the changeling wile it warmed up to a boil. "So what brings you to these lands?"

(edited)

@@Nightmare Season,

He sighs and nods. "Now... It seems I left a few things out... I am mostly changeling.... the only part of me that is Alicorn is my horn and my cutie mark." A flash of indigo flames flies up from his hoofs. Nightmare can now see his holed legs, his mane is no longer flowing, instead it is just sparkling. "We do not eat regular food unfortunately.... As to your question. Food. I need food. Love. Is what I need... I'm not affiliated with any hive. But, Chrysalis and her changelings do need some respect... Celestia and Luna may seem perfect, but they aren't. They are liers in my view..." He says to Nightmare, almost too logically but his voice does sound like a changeling's voice.

Edited by NightMare Star.

@,

Nightmare simply shrugged. "I do not know them, so I can't say if they are liers or not. I only eat regular food since I am on a dream meal diet. That tree in the main hall, that tree stores dreams it its roots. I mostly eat those. if I feed on regular dreams I don't need food either. Though my kind still eats just for show and the taste." He got up to go and stir the stew. "So, if you are not from a, what you called it, a hive? Where are you from then?" Nightmare asked as he came back over to sit down again.

"I for one actually hate my own kind. Though you seem to like yours and hate the rulers here to some degree. Why don't you go to this Chrysalis and her hive?"

(edited)

@@Nightmare Season

He smiles just a bit. "I was born and raised beyond Equestria, I soon joined the Chrysalis Hive, I was just like all the regular changelings... Well before they were all Converted... By that accursed pink pony and her friends! They destroyed the throne carved from a magic stone that protects the hive! Converted them from changelings to something that vaguely resembles love bugs!" He throws himself against the wall. And then turns to Nightmare. "Luckily I took the form of one of these new 'Changelings' and I escaped and went off on my own. Chrysalis fled the scene, but I didn't go with her, since the ponies that destroyed our way of life were there.... to 'reform' her... which is horrible! It all started when one... named Thorax changed into... a king or something perhaps? And the other changelings betrayed Chrysalis to join him! So basically I can't go back." He says in a rather frustrated and saddened tone. 

"I swear one day I will find Chrysalis or a new hive perhaps... and then... we can finally live in peace.... away from pathetic ponies...." He thought out loud. 

• Brohoof 1

@,

Nightmare thought about what he just said. A few things just did not make sense. "So you want to live in peace? Though away from ponies? Though you need to feed on love to survive? So....How do you plan on having all three? Feeding on love requires you to be around those ponies. Which I assume prevents peace." He got up and went to tend his stew which was now boiling. "I know with my kind feeding on dreams, we are always at war. The other ponies view us as evil due to that. I left because I felt that it was all wrong. I thankfully discovered these dream trees that has some dream energy in their roots, so it helps with eating. Though eating the roots I also have to eat normal food now." He tasted the broth that was starting to form. "I don't suppose there is something like that that contains love is there?"

He finished stirring and returned to his guest at the table.

• Brohoof 1

@@Nightmare Season,

Aquarius sighs. "Ponies that don't view changelings as evil are those who I want to be around..... Before they were 'reformed' that is. And I look like an 'unreformed' changeling... and Equestria views us as Evil, unfortunately. We only simply intend to survive... but the very way we survive makes others think we are evil... Well there is something... In the Crystal Empire, called the Crystal heart. As ponies have called it. It emits love but I fear an entire hive may drain it entirely. It is made out of some form of Crystal and if it would shatter or be drained... the shield around the empire would collapse and kill everypony there. Not sure what would happen if I tried taking some of its love energy which is what we need to survive

It is ruled by the Princess of Love and her Husband. I want to go there, but it would take weeks, perhaps months to go there." He says to Nightmare.

• Brohoof 1

@,

"Well I know how you feel. I am viewed as evil too since I feed on dreams. Which causes the dreams to turn to nightmares. So I am with you on the same boat there. As for this crystal heart thing. If it will kill all the ponies it protects if it is destroyed, then that is not really an option. If you feed off that knowing what could happen anyways, then it can be an evil act."

Nightmare went back to take the stew off of the stove so it would stop cooking. He laid it on a boulder with a flat surface to cool. "How did this pony you told me about change your fellow changelings?"

@@Nightmare Season,

He sighs. "You make a good point. This pony... the pink one told Thorax something about giving into love... don't know much about it. Then Thorax transformed from a regular changeling to something resembling a deer mixed with a changeling without the holes along with green and some pink. Horrible. Horrible. How he destroyed Chrysalis's throne and almost killed her." He says rather saddened. 

• Brohoof 1

Nightmare listened to him. When he finished, Nightmare went to fetch the stew. "Want any?" He asked his guest.

"I once was in a similar situation. I thought that we were fine. We needed to feed on dreams to survive, so I thought we were in the right. When I found there's roots, I figured we had another way. Though, my family did not want to change their way of living. So I just ran away to live on my own. The roots gives me what I need to live, food then became something I had to eat as a suplement" He brought the pot on bowls over to the tablem

@@Nightmare Season,

Aquarius nods. "Its a mystery why Changelings haven't heard from your kind... Do they spend a great deal of time isolated from the rest of Equestria or something?" Aquarius asks Nightmare. His kind certainly sound like interesting creatures to him. Nightmare's mane is rather strange in his view and so is his hooves. Unlike a regular pony's.

• Brohoof 1

@,

Nightmare started to eat his share of the stew while answering his question. "My kind are usually secretive. We are found with in the shifting sands of the South. Where most ponies believe life can not survive long. We live in cities that is always moving, so we have no permanent structures for others to find. When we do go near other ponies, it is always under the cover of night. So it is not a surprise you have not heard about my kind." Nightmare seemed to be enjoying his stew.

@@Nightmare Season,

Aquarius nods. "So what do you personally know about Equestria? On another note, I didn't tell you about my father and mother did I? Well, my father used to be a changeling king, and my mother was rumored to have connections the stars. Since I have them in my mane... my father vanished a few years back and nobody found any remains of him, or clues to as where he went." he says, sounding a bit disappointed and also sad.

• Brohoof 1

@,

Nightmare listened with stew in his mouth swallowing. "I know nothing of Equstria actually. I am not really liked around other ponies to ask questions. Sorry to hear about your father. I have a similar situation. Though I have a father and mother. They are not my biological ones. I am what is known as a true born. A nightmare that was born from a ponies terrible dreams. The other non-true borns have regular mothers and fathers. What of your mother? Is she still around?" He asked him as he offered him a bowl of stew, "Made with love...." He gave him a sheepish grin.

• Brohoof 1

@@Nightmare Season,

Aquarius smiles and takes the bowl of stew and he begins to drink the stew. "No clue. I never met her and my father never really told much about her. Something must have happed between the two of them. My father was somewhat abusive and sometimes punted me across the room when I was a foal." He says, frowning. Remembering those events.

@,

"Have you ever thought about going to look for her?" He asked as he watched him slurp his stew. "Also, what are your plans from here on out? After you let your leg rest, what is your destination?" Nightmare asked as he stood up to take his bowl over to a makeshift water barrel to wash it.

• Brohoof 1

@@Nightmare Season,

He sighs. "The only pony that fits that description is Princess Luna. And I do have some plans, to go to the place called the Crystal Empire, where I think Luna lives or something. I want to find her and talk. Its a longshot but it might be worth it." He says, slurping the rest of his stew up. "That was good, thank you."  

• Brohoof 1

@,

"Hmm....Princess Luna. Isn't she in Equestria not the crystal empire?" He asked as he grabbed his bowl to clean as well. I can try and help you best I could. Though I will not be able to take you into any towns or cities. I for one can change my appearance like you can. Though first we need to make sure you are properly healed up." He finished washing the bowls.

• Brohoof 1

@@Nightmare Season,

He thinks for a bit. "Perhaps. It still hurts alot through, so I'll be crashing here for a few days probably. How are you able to change your appearance? Your species sounds very similar to Changelings." Aquarius responds, he is curious to know. He thinks that he will probably be at Nightmare's Cabin for at least a week, perhaps a bit more though. 

• Brohoof 1

@,

Nightmare led his guest into the main hall that held the tree. He laid down on a patch of grass. The sun seemed to be getting low in the sky. "The only way my kind can actually change, is when we are in a dream. If the pony has an image in their mind, I can feed on it and change my look to be the same. Though it only works in a dream. The waking world we can't change. Though my fire mane and tail, I am able to change how hot it is, and if it will ignite things on fire or not." He stretched out on the grass as he got his legs well stretched.

• Brohoof 1

@@Nightmare Season,

Aquarius sighs. laying down next to Nightmare. "Ok. This is honestly a really nice place. I never expected there to be a place like this hidden in the Everfree forest. So how much here did you make yourself? Like did you do alot of work to get this very nice place?" he asks, looking up at the sky and clouds above.

• Brohoof 1

@,

Nightmare looked around the cave. "The caverns and tree was here originally. I cut out some stone here and there. Like the table and counters. My bedroom through the far right side, I made all the furniture in there out of the wood I had after clearing out more of the grove that was outside. But yes, most of this was here to begin with."

Nightmare stood up and went over to the tree Once there, he started to dig out a root and broke it off. He then showed it to his guest. "This is a dream root. It stores dream energy within it. Without this, I would have to feed on dreams from other ponies still." He handed it to Aquarius to look at it better. The root was a dull brownish with different colors that made moving waves throughout the root.

• Brohoof 1

@@Nightmare Season,

"Interesting. I wish there there was a form of a Love Root. So I wouldn't have to feed off of Ponies love. But unfortunately I don't think there is." he says frowning.He thinks about the changelings and the way they feed, ravenous but necessary for their survival, he begins to think about what others from Nightmare's species could be like. 

• Brohoof 1

@@Moon Dancer.,

"Well sadly, I do not know of anything that store love. Except for that crystal heart you mentioned." He began to eat the root. The look on his face told Aquarius that it must have tasted just dreadful. When Nightmare finished he stretched once more and looked through one of the sky lights.

"It appears to be getting dark soon. Think it is close to going to bed. I have an extra sheet in my room I can bring out to you. You okay with sleeping out here till morning?" He asked his company.