Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv The Worst Video Game Movies

Kyoshi Frost Wolf

The Resident Evil Movies are one of the worst to me, because it almost has nothing to do with the Games and the actual Main Characters from the Games, just have Cameos !

Also, i hoped for an Adaptation of Code Veronica, one of my favorite Resident Evil Games, but i guess that will never happen now.

I still like the Movies though, they are awesome! But horrible Adaptations, i only accept them as a side Story, that has nothing to do with the Games, except for the setting taking place in the same universe.

Another Movie that comes to my mind is Alone in the Dark 2.

I actually liked the first Movie, since it was a kinda Sequel to the Game " The New Nightmare ", which is my favorite Alone in the Dark Game, but the Sequel Movie is horrible.

Not only, does it not continue the Story of the first Movie properly ( at least, as far as i remember ), ignoring the open ending of the first Movie and leave it as a unresolved cliff hanger, but it also had nothing to do with the Games.

Or the other Movie.

It was confusing and...yeah.

I dont remember if i liked the Movie as a side story.

Has nobody said Pixels yet...?

Anyhoo, I can't really pick a worst. Most of the ones I have on DVD I wouldn't watch regularly, but they weren't so bad that it stuck with me after it was over.

On the contrary, I happen to enjoy more than a few of them.

Has nobody said Pixels yet...?

I acctaully liked Pixels. I mean its not the best and certainly has a lot of canned performances but I really dug the effects. Yeah sure Adam Sandlers past his prime in making movies but I still think its leagues better than a lot of other movies that cant even get their source material right.

I acctaully liked Pixels. I mean its not the best and certainly has a lot of canned performances but I really dug the effects. Yeah sure Adam Sandlers past his prime in making movies but I still think its leagues better than a lot of other movies that cant even get their source material right.

I don't actively dislike Pixels, I just thought that someone would have mentioned it, given its reception.

I have to say Assassin's Creed, because this is just special. 

Everyone who played Assassin's Creed (I think) agrees on this one. Present part of story is utterly boring and people would love to see it simply removed... forever. It is just pointless, one couldn't care less about it, characters are pretty boring and cliche as well. It's just one of decisions I will never understand. 

And then they decide the movie to focus ON THE PRESENT. On the very aspect of the game nobody even likes. This is why this movie is special. Its creators decided to make movie that focuses on the exact part of game that we'd love to see entirely gone. Who even thought this is a good idea? 

And then what a suprise... movie gets negative opinions all over the place. Sometimes I feel sorry when this happens, but here... come on, what did You expect, director?

But of course there are many more movies to chose from. Uwe Boll managed to butcher everything he touched, but here at least we can say his work is so bad it is funny. So I guess I can forgive him, because even if unintentionally he at least made quite a comedy lol. 

But then we have a Doom movie that probably was only made to show off with 1st person shooter camera part which wasn't even good, in fact it felt forced and out of place. And why was it so freaking bright? It's like placing new Shrek movie on graveyard infested with ogre eating zombies. 

And of course glorious Mortal Kombat movie, but  here... I don't think any words can reflect what it is. Just... see for Yourself... if You dare. 

As several have said, the Mario Bros movie. I did think Yoshi was really cute even though it didn't look more like Yoshi from video games. That movie also got the idea stuck in people's heads that Daisy & Luigi were a couple for future games.

Edited by Sgamer