Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Lunar Palette's Wish Comes True (1x1 between C. Thunder Dash and LunarPalette)

Courageous Thunder Dash

"Ok." Lunar observed his technique and did her best to copy it. She leapt into the air and tilted forward slightly and almost went too fast. Lunar landed in front of Thunder alright but it was just a little too close. She had to take a couple steps back after landing. " was that ok?"

"That was good. Just make sure to have control." Thunder said. "Now..." Thunder said moving to the left of Lunar and taking a few steps back. "Turning requires more control. Lean left as you fly foward to turn yourself in the air, like this." Thunder said demonstrating. He then leaped into the air and turned towards Lunar. "Now you try." Thunder said going back to the left of Lunar, a few yards away. 

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"That was good. Just make sure to have control." Thunder said. "Now..." Thunder said moving to the left of Lunar and taking a few steps back. "Turning requires more control. Lean left as you fly foward to turn yourself in the air, like this." Thunder said demonstrating. He then leaped into the air and turned towards Lunar. "Now you try." Thunder said going back to the left of Lunar, a few yards away.

Lunar prepares to do the maneuver hope in this time she wouldn't run into Thunder. She stepped back once and leapt into the air leaning forward and turning slightly. Using caution, Lunar leaned to one side and moved in that direction. She landed a good two feet from Tundrr this time. "That good?"

@@Lunarpalette,

"Yep, that was good." Thunder said as he switched positions. "This time, turn to the right." Thunder said as he waited for Lunar. He demonstrated quickly before returning to his position. "Now you try. It's the same as turning left but going the opposite direction." Thunder explained.  

@@Lunarpalette,

"Yep, that was good." Thunder said as he switched positions. "This time, turn to the right." Thunder said as he waited for Lunar. He demonstrated quickly before returning to his position. "Now you try. It's the same as turning left but going the opposite direction." Thunder explained.

"Ok." Lunar took another breath and took one step back. She jumped into the air a flapped her wings advanced forward and leaned slightly to the right. She did it almost flawlessly! This was one of the best feelings she had felt in a long time. She felt so proud. She just hoped that it was good enough for Thunder.

@@Lunarpalette,

"Awesome job! Now. Here's a challenge for ya. I want you to fly forward slightly faster than normal. I then want you to make a u-turn  and fly back to me, like this." Thunder said as he demonstrated. He then sprang into the air and flew forward for a few yards. He then made a sharp u-turn and flew back to Lunar. "Now you try." Thunder said.  

@@Lunarpalette,

"Awesome job! Now. Here's a challenge for ya. I want you to fly forward slightly faster than normal. I then want you to make a u-turn  and fly back to me, like this." Thunder said as he demonstrated. He then sprang into the air and flew forward for a few yards. He then made a sharp u-turn and flew back to Lunar. "Now you try." Thunder said.

Lunar watched as Thunder effortlessly executed this maneuver and did her best to repeat it. Lunar jumped into the air and flew forward flapping her wings slightly faster. After flying a few feet she without thinking to do so slowed down probably too much. She made a full 180 turn anyways and flew back to her original position. That was not her best effort but it was still kinda difficult.

Lunar watched as Thunder effortlessly executed this maneuver and did her best to repeat it. Lunar jumped into the air and flew forward flapping her wings slightly faster. After flying a few feet she without thinking to do so slowed down probably too much. She made a full 180 turn anyways and flew back to her original position. That was not her best effort but it was still kinda difficult.

"That was good, but try not to slow down. Just let it flow and keep it going." Thunder stated as he demonstrated again. If you want to turn sharper, just bank harder. Banking is tilting your body in a certain direction." Thunder explained. "Now you try. Remember, the harder you bank the sharper you turn." Thunder reminded. 

"That was good, but try not to slow down. Just let it flow and keep it going." Thunder stated as he demonstrated again. If you want to turn sharper, just bank harder. Banking is tilting your body in a certain direction." Thunder explained. "Now you try. Remember, the harder you bank the sharper you turn." Thunder reminded.

Lunarpalette paid close attention to Thunders words. She then tried again and did much better. After she flew a few feet she banked left and did a successful I turn! Flew flew back to her original position again. "Was that better? She asked Thunder expectantly.

Lunarpalette paid close attention to Thunders words. She then tried again and did much better. After she flew a few feet she banked left and did a successful I turn! Flew flew back to her original position again. "Was that better? She asked Thunder expectantly.

"That was the best one yet!" Thunder said. He then gathered some electricity and made a few poles appear from the blue. "Now...we're gonna put it all together in what is called...weaving." Thunder said as he lined up the poles symmetrically. "Are you ready?" Thunder asked. 

"That was the best one yet!" Thunder said. He then gathered some electricity and made a few poles appear from the blue. "Now...we're gonna put it all together in what is called...weaving." Thunder said as he lined up the poles symmetrically. "Are you ready?" Thunder asked.

Lunarpalette nodded. "Yeah! I'm ready." She beamed. Standing in front of one of the ends of the poles. She had seen it done before from a distance. Lunar jumped into the air and doges each pole. Making a weaving pattern through the poles she made a u turn at the other end. And after she finished and got to the starting end she dropped down, breathing a bit hard, kinda tired. Edited by Lunarpalette

Lunarpalette nodded. "Yeah! I'm ready." She beamed. Standing in front of one of the ends of the poles. She had seen it done before from a distance. Lunar jumped into the air and doges each pole. Making a weaving pattern through the poles she made a u turn at the other end. And after she finished and got to the starting end she dropped down, breathing a bit hard, kinda tired.

"Well then...now this time, try going a little faster...that is...after a break." Thunder said sitting down. He gathered some electricity and made two water bottles appear from the blue. He gave one to Lunar. "So...have you always wanted to fly since you were a little foal?" Thunder asked. 

"Well then...now this time, try going a little faster...that is...after a break." Thunder said sitting down. He gathered some electricity and made two water bottles appear from the blue. He gave one to Lunar. "So...have you always wanted to fly since you were a little foal?" Thunder asked.

Lunar sat by Thunder, taking the water with gratitude and drank a bit before saying, "pretty much. Before I could understand much I was kinda looked at weird when other ponies saw my parents and then me. And when I learned for myself what that meant I... I have felt just a bit below average. Not as great as a Pegasus. I at least feel more normal around here though." Lunar taking another drink of her water.

@@Lunarpalette,

"Ah, I see. Well now, how does it feel to be a pegasus now?" Thunder Dash asked as he continued to sip his water, thinking in his mind the next exercises that he would have Lunar perform. The next exercises that he would have Lunar perform were going up and down and basic flight maneuvers.  

@@Lunarpalette,

"Ah, I see. Well now, how does it feel to be a pegasus now?" Thunder Dash asked as he continued to sip his water, thinking in his mind the next exercises that he would have Lunar perform. The next exercises that he would have Lunar perform were going up and down and basic flight maneuvers.

"It feels amazing! I am so happy that I can finally pick my hooves off the ground by myself." Lunar said as she looked back at her extended wings. It really did feel amazing to have these wings. She brought one wing forward and stoked the feathers. It felt really bice. She looked back up at Thunder for what to bo next.

"It feels amazing! I am so happy that I can finally pick my hooves off the ground by myself." Lunar said as she looked back at her extended wings. It really did feel amazing to have these wings. She brought one wing forward and stoked the feathers. It felt really bice. She looked back up at Thunder for what to bo next.

"Alright, let's get back into things. Now, we're going focus on ascending and descending. This is a very important thing in flying, as you'll have to adjust your height every so often." Thunder said as he flapped his wings and got into the air. He then did three mighty flaps, which made him go higher. "See?" He asked. 

"Alright, let's get back into things. Now, we're going focus on ascending and descending. This is a very important thing in flying, as you'll have to adjust your height every so often." Thunder said as he flapped his wings and got into the air. He then did three mighty flaps, which made him go higher. "See?" He asked.

Lunar looked up in awe. "Yeah." She jumped up in the air and flapped her wings several times to get up on Thunders level. It was a little strenuous but doable. She was kinda impressed with herself by her progress. She maintained her level with Thunder waiting for him to speak.

Lunar looked up in awe. "Yeah." She jumped up in the air and flapped her wings several times to get up on Thunders level. It was a little strenuous but doable. She was kinda impressed with herself by her progress. She maintained her level with Thunder waiting for him to speak.

"Nice job. Now, what we're gonna do is what I call "camel humps". It is simply going up and down while moving forward. Watch." Thunder said as he performed three smooth camel humps. "Now you try, you can go slower, but remember, you'll have to flap harder if you do..." Thunder said. 

"Nice job. Now, what we're gonna do is what I call "camel humps". It is simply going up and down while moving forward. Watch." Thunder said as he performed three smooth camel humps. "Now you try, you can go slower, but remember, you'll have to flap harder if you do..." Thunder said.

Lunarpalette got ready to perform the maneuver and flapped her wing a little more to go up. Then she descended a couple feet, and flew back upwards, then repeated once more. Lunar finally was beside Thunder and breathed a little harder. She looked to Thunder for further instruction.

@@Lunarpalette,

"That was a good one." Thunder said smiling. "Now, let's increase the angle on those camel humps. This time, we're gonna go full vertical..." Thunder said. He then showed three camel humps where he went straight up and came straight down. He then landed on his hooves. "Now you give it a go." He stated.  

@@Lunarpalette,

"That was a good one." Thunder said smiling. "Now, let's increase the angle on those camel humps. This time, we're gonna go full vertical..." Thunder said. He then showed three camel humps where he went straight up and came straight down. He then landed on his hooves. "Now you give it a go." He stated.

Lunarpalette admired his form in his demonstration. She took a breath and flew up until she was looking straight up. She then tilted down and contiued until she looked straight at the ground. Lunar did this three times and then hovered in her spot. She looked over to Thunder and smiled through breaths. Edited by Lunarpalette

@@Lunarpalette,

"Let's take another break, because next...we're gonna take it up another level...we're gonna start doing inversions...which means...you'll be going upside down." Thunder said as he gathered some electricity and made two water bottles appear from the blue. He took one and gave the other to Lunar.  

@@Lunarpalette,

"Let's take another break, because next...we're gonna take it up another level...we're gonna start doing inversions...which means...you'll be going upside down." Thunder said as he gathered some electricity and made two water bottles appear from the blue. He took one and gave the other to Lunar.

Lunar took the water and her eyes widened. "You think I'm ready for that? I mean I feel as though I have done a decent job today but flying upside down?" She said starting to get a bit nervous. It's a brilliant idea but on the first day of flying? She just had to trust Thunder on this one. Lunar took a few sips of her water.

Lunar took the water and her eyes widened. "You think I'm ready for that? I mean I feel as though I have done a decent job today but flying upside down?" She said starting to get a bit nervous. It's a brilliant idea but on the first day of flying? She just had to trust Thunder on this one. Lunar took a few sips of her water.

"We won't do anything too heavy. We will cover vertical loops, barrel rolls, corkscrews and zero-g rolls." Thunder stated as he took a sip of his water. "Don't let the names of the techniques intimidate you. They are easier than they sound." Thunder stated as he sat down and continued to sip his water.

"We won't do anything too heavy. We will cover vertical loops, barrel rolls, corkscrews and zero-g rolls." Thunder stated as he took a sip of his water. "Don't let the names of the techniques intimidate you. They are easier than they sound." Thunder stated as he sat down and continued to sip his water.

Lunar sighed in relief. "Alright. If say so. I will do my best." Lunar said as she sat near Thunder and continued to drink her water. She was honestly exhausted but she still never felt better in her life. She closed her eyes for just a second to get a real sense of this incredible thing that was happening. She smiled and looked to Thunder. "Thank you again so much for taking time out to teach me to fly."

Edited by Lunarpalette

• 1 month later...

@@Lunarpalette,

"You're very welcome." Thunder Dash said. He noticed that Lunar looked pretty exhausted. "Guess we will take a little longer of a break..." He said as he gently laid down facing Lunar. "Also, since you have wings, you can now take cloud rides, which is very relaxing." Thunder stated.