Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

BABSCon 2017

Buttonmash1973

I've been to every BABScon so far and am coming to this one as well. They have all been a fantastic time, so my confidence is through the roof. I love playing in the after hours game nights in Trixie's Tables, mostly Cards Against Humanity or Twilight Sparkle's Secret Shipfic Folder. It's a great way to make new friends.

The NEIGHhem concert is always a wonderful way to spend a night. Overall, so much to do and so many new friends to make! I'll be carrying around a plushie of my ponysona around with me during the whole thing, so if you see this familiar face, don't be scared to say hi. I always enjoy meeting new people! :D

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. I'm coming to this BABScon. I hope to meet and greet other bronies and pegasisters. That didn't really happen much in the BUCK convention in the U.K. Let's see what happens when I step a hoof into this San Francisco convention.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/24/2017 at 2:08 AM, Blood Moon said:

I've been to every BABScon so far and am coming to this one as well. They have all been a fantastic time, so my confidence is through the roof. I love playing in the after hours game nights in Trixie's Tables, mostly Cards Against Humanity or Twilight Sparkle's Secret Shipfic Folder. It's a great way to make new friends.

I always find that playing Cards Against Humanity with a group of strangers is the best way to play!!! I was only able to play last year on Saturday night, the friday tables were all full. It was so much fun I will definitely be playing again. I love making new friends so if anyone sees me, feel free to say hi! At game night I will most likely be carrying a Luna Guard Plush just like I did last year. 

1 hour ago, blissyay3 said:

I'm super hyped but quick question, if you get the Crusader 3 day pass will you be able to meet Silver Quil and Firebrand? 

I don't see why not since that would be part of the general 3-day pass which all pass holders have access to.

I shalt be going as well!

Im going to be driving up at 1am Thursday morning with a friend since thats when he wants to go. I myself am not really excited about that prospect but I hate driving alone.

• Brohoof 1

Getting there the day before is a nice little advantage, you can check the route, make sure you've got the right place, etc. I intend to go down to the convention hotel the day before as well. It's massively reassuring to me to make sure of details and to know the route I will need to take the day before, to avoid any unnecessary confusion.

• Brohoof 1

I arrived last weekend in Burlingame and stay at an AirBnB at about a 15 minutes walk from the Hyatt. One thing to take notice of if you're walking when coming from the direction of downtown Broadway (or Airport Blvd), is, once you've crossed the freeway, you have to walk below the bridge along the road next to the freeway (north side) to be able to get to the other side of the construction work going on in there.

6 hours ago, Bubs said:

I arrived last weekend in Burlingame and stay at an AirBnB at about a 15 minutes walk from the Hyatt. One thing to take notice of if you're walking when coming from the direction of downtown Broadway (or Airport Blvd), is, once you've crossed the freeway, you have to walk below the bridge along the road next to the freeway (north side) to be able to get to the other side of the construction work going on in there.

From how bad the construction was last year I figured it wasnt going to clear up any by now.

Thanks for the update anyway.

On 4/9/2017 at 0:36 AM, Rapid Wind said:

Getting there the day before is a nice little advantage, you can check the route, make sure you've got the right place, etc. I intend to go down to the convention hotel the day before as well. It's massively reassuring to me to make sure of details and to know the route I will need to take the day before, to avoid any unnecessary confusion.

I am the same way, always like to plan ahead. My crew will be at the hotel early setting up our vendors booth and relaxing on Thursday. 

• 3 months later...