Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv What's your favourite animated franchise?

Sovereign Leader Rarity

Anything with Disney! Especially the Disney Princesses and Disney Villains franchises.

I'm actually watching Tangled as I type XD

Thinking about it, I've also got to add Shrek into the mix, the first two films especially, but the third wasn't too bad imo. I still rate HTTYD higher on the list, but Shrek is a close second.

Anything with Disney! Especially the Disney Princesses and Disney Villains franchises.

I'm actually watching Tangled as I type XD

Thinking about it, I've also got to add Shrek into the mix, the first two films especially, but the third wasn't too bad imo. I still rate HTTYD higher on the list, but Shrek is a close second.

On the TV side, I want to say Avatar but I only know Korra. I haven't seen the original series yet.

I've gotta agree with Tropico, I also haven't seen Korra yet, but The Last Air Bender (the tv series, not the movie *shudders*) is well worth watching!

• Brohoof 2

I've gotta agree with Tropico, I also haven't seen Korra yet, but The Last Air Bender (the tv series, not the movie *shudders*) is well worth watching!

We dont talk about that movie.... (Cant even get the names right!)

If you are talking about movies, then my faves would have to be The Lion King and Anastasia (it counts there was a second spin off.)

For anime, I have to go with Wolfs Rain, or Space Battleship Yamato. (if you ever get to see it, see the live action movie.)

And for cartoons, I would have to say either Garfield or Scooby Doo.

Edited by nr2038
  • Brohoof 1

Anastasia

ANASTASIA IS ONE OF MY FAVE MOVIES EVERRRRR!! ANYA!!! ♥♥♥♥

I just saw cloudy with a chance of meatballs 2 and its AMAZING! i totally didnt expected that. I even liked it more than the first!

Usually animated sequels tend to be an independent story from the first movie, but not this one. meatballs 1 and 2 are trully a pack. I totally recomend both movies. 

• Brohoof 1

ANASTASIA IS ONE OF MY FAVE MOVIES EVERRRRR!! ANYA!!! ♥♥♥♥

I always have to correct people who say it is a Disney movie. (But I guess that that is not a bad thing.)

I also want to go and see the Broadway show that is starting up.

• Brohoof 1

I love the Barbie movie franchise. With 37 or so movies to choose from (not counting the '80s films) there's a feast for the eyes. They may not be as elaborately animated as the higher budget Disney Fairies (another great franchise) but the writing is top notch, especially in the early ones. They usually release three every year and I've never seen one I didn't love.  :P

• Brohoof 3

Kung Fu Panda, How To Train Your Dragon, Lilo & Stitch, then finally... Toy Story because we all can love watching those three movies and enjoy the nostalgia of the first two. :D

• Brohoof 2

• 4 weeks later...

Id like to say the Sonic cartoons but they only have 1 and only 1 good series and it got canceled :okiedokieloki:

That being the case id say for cartoons Avatar. Its the most consistently well made franchise I think i've seen. Every series and comic are both memorable and inspiring. I also have a soft spot for some Futurama episodes(you can probably guess the ones) and some Batman TAS episodes.

Anime - Full Metal Alchemist - Id also put a few Gundam series here like Gundam Wing, 8th MS Team and War in the Pocket as well but the entire franchise is VERY hit or miss. Both FMA are great philosophical studies and I think both hold up better than any other franchise.

Movie - Aladdin. The movies, animated series and video games are ALL really good.

To be honest, My Little Pony Friendship is Magic.

Though second and third would probably be SpongeBob and Pokémon (I really should watch some of that anime, haven't watched much since Gen 1, and even then I didn't watch but maybe 30 of those episodes. Probably only 3 more than once.)

• 4 months later...
  • 3 years later...